We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Suggestions for Subtle marking of Stud playing card backs. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
743 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Hello all,
I recently bought 40 decks of Studs (a vanishing breed, alas). I'm thinking about using some of the blue back decks in effects that require a single card with a marked back as a "locator." For Bicycle decks the blue sharpie coloring in the central dot on the wheel works great. Looking for something similar for Studs -- maybe the two central small diamonds?

Looking at Stud backs there are plenty of white areas that could be made blue with a blue sharpie. But I'm wondering if any have a favorite place to mark the card -- if indeed any have marked a stud back! (Yes, light pencil dots could be used, but my eyes are getting dimmer and I need a more bold mark ).

I confess this may be overthinking it !

TIA
Phil
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
743 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I went with my own advice and colored the two small diamonds in the center of the card blue. I think it is the easiest to read and as subtle as the Bicycle hub fill in.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
812 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
I typically mark near the corner so it can be seen from a spread. You could also use a sharp knife to mark the cards.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
743 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2021, ThomasJ wrote:
I typically mark near the corner so it can be seen from a spread. You could also use a sharp knife to mark the cards.

Thanks for the reminder on scratching off ink as alternative to adding ink. Several places on Studs are amenable to such.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Suggestions for Subtle marking of Stud playing card backs. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL