We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Recommendation for a biography of Houdini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Does anyone have any recommendation for a good biography (book) of Houdini?
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
938 Posts

Profile of Russo
Memories - in 1950 -Jr. High English - we had to read a book and cast a movie - I read a Scholastic Book, Bio. of Houdini - Cast Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh as The Houdini's - few years later, out comes the "Houdini" Movie with TC & JL _ OOOOOOOOOOOOOH , Also now have an autographed Photo of Tony. Did you know, Bill Larson, (Magic Castle) was in it? Just, thoughts and Memories. RR
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, Russo wrote:
I read a Scholastic Book, Bio. of Houdini

What was the title of the book and the author's name?
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
938 Posts

Profile of Russo
1951 (7th printing 1965) Scholastic Book Services, New York- "The Great HOUDINI" by Beryl Williams and Samuel Epstein - Helps ?? Again, please where are you from ? I'm 84, in magic since I was 12 - at age 16 met my Wife while entertaining in a Hospital Girls Ward. Orig. from SanFernando Valley, So. Calif. - now retired from WaltDisneyWorld- living in Central Florida. Ralph ROUSSEAU (Russo)
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, Russo wrote:
1951 (7th printing 1965) Scholastic Book Services, New York- "The Great HOUDINI" by Beryl Williams and Samuel Epstein - Helps ?? Again, please where are you from ? I'm 84, in magic since I was 12 - at age 16 met my Wife while entertaining in a Hospital Girls Ward. Orig. from SanFernando Valley, So. Calif. - now retired from WaltDisneyWorld- living in Central Florida. Ralph ROUSSEAU (Russo)

I'm from Bangladesh. Unfortunately, I don't think it's likely that I'll find the book here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Recommendation for a biography of Houdini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL