The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inflection by Kevin Connors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KConnors
View Profile
New user
USA
9 Posts

Profile of KConnors
I am very happy to announce that I have released my mentalism effect called Inflection.

I have created and produced Inflection independently, as well as its distribution which is now available outside of the US.

Please visit my website for more information, and details about Inflection.

http://Inflection.site
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Just wondered why there is a difference in price for non US purchases? Different postal charges I can understand, but not for the product/effect itself.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I like the look of this but not at double the price just because I’m not in the US. Shame.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Lol the shipping cost more than the deck
Ps. The baby book is John Morton idea based in Steve Young principle
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree it sounds like the method is the same as Steve Youngs, regards Gaz 😊
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes I agree it sounds like the method is the same as Steve Youngs, regards Gaz 😊

Almost definitely. In the demo I correctly gauged the odd item - unless, of course, I picked up on the inflection. 😀

It looks a nice deck of cards but the pricing, particularly for those outside the US, doesn't make this viable.

Neil
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
'Unbiased Magic Review' reviewed this, love the hook but hate the price to the UK...crazy price..🤪
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
This may be an improvement on the "Baby Book". Interesting.
KConnors
View Profile
New user
USA
9 Posts

Profile of KConnors
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Just wondered why there is a difference in price for non US purchases? Different postal charges I can understand, but not for the product/effect itself.

Due to exchange rate charge AND exchange rate service fee charged by PayPal to those who have business accounts. It's hardly "double" the US price...it's $11.00 more.
KConnors
View Profile
New user
USA
9 Posts

Profile of KConnors
[quote]On Jul 26, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

Almost definitely. In the demo I correctly gauged the odd item - unless, of course, I picked up on the inflection. 😀

It looks a nice deck of cards but the pricing, particularly for those outside the US, doesn't make this viable.

Not to "tip" someone's product, but Inflection does NOT use marked cards.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

US Total shipped price $51.90
UK Total shipped price $95.90

That’s more than an $11 difference, at least it was when I was at school.

In fact, it’s almost double!

I realise it’s going to cost more, fair enough but I feel this is quite a lot more and will make it prohibitive for people outside the US.
KConnors
View Profile
New user
USA
9 Posts

Profile of KConnors
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, TheGingerWizard wrote:
US Total shipped price $51.90
UK Total shipped price $95.90

That’s more than an $11 difference, at least it was when I was at school.

In fact, it’s almost double!

I realise it’s going to cost more, fair enough but I feel this is quite a lot more and will make it prohibitive for people outside the US.

Oh..you mean the product and shipping ? Feel free to check USPS shipping charges.

I would literally have to have 109 different charges based on the country's exchange rates & shipping charges. I did not just randomly come up with the charge on both the product and the shipping, rather..it's an average sort of 1 size fits all method.

I'm truly sorry if the price has put you off from buying Inflection.

I have actually shipped 9 or so units to the UK alone, and the price was not an issue for them.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

No apology necessary, you have every right to charge however much you want! I was just expressing my opinion. As you’ve pointed out, at least nine people disagree with me!

Looks like a great effect, good luck with it!
kleefeld
View Profile
New user
Avon, Ohio
15 Posts

Profile of kleefeld
For the record, this original plot (listening for the word from a list) and the method, were ones I pioneered in 2013 when I released Cinema Verite. The product was very widely produced and almost won the New Product of the Year here on the Café when it came out. Stephen Young and I corresponded over the principle and he later created and marketed Visionary. John Morton collaborated with Young and later created The Baby Book which Fooled Penn & Teller. My product, Cinema Verite, as well as the spin-off products Classic Film Verite, Horror Verite, Romantic Verite and Christmas Verite are still for sale on my website and at Stevens Magic Emporium.
KConnors
View Profile
New user
USA
9 Posts

Profile of KConnors
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, kleefeld wrote:
For the record, this original plot (listening for the word from a list) and the method, were ones I pioneered in 2013 when I released Cinema Verite. The product was very widely produced and almost won the New Product of the Year here on the Café when it came out. Stephen Young and I corresponded over the principle and he later created and marketed Visionary. John Morton collaborated with Young and later created The Baby Book which Fooled Penn & Teller. My product, Cinema Verite, as well as the spin-off products Classic Film Verite, Horror Verite, Romantic Verite and Christmas Verite are still for sale on my website and at Stevens Magic Emporium.

So you purchased Inflection and that's how you the method ?
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I just purchased this and will provide a review after I receive it and have time to work with it.
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Quote:

I just want to ad that the methods are different. I have actually never seen the "Inflection" method before. Clever and easy way to know what word is the right word.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, KConnors wrote:
Quote:

So you purchased Inflection and that's how you the method ?

Ouch...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
KConnors
View Profile
New user
USA
9 Posts

Profile of KConnors
So "for the record" Inflection does NOT use the SAME method as Cinema Verite
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The general principle behind this and similar effects can be adapted in all sorts of ways but overall is very effective and straightforward to perform and present. Without knowing the exact working of Inflection I was able to identify the target word in the demo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inflection by Kevin Connors (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL