The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on string (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Where is the most complete and best source for the ring and string.

Thanks kukram
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Do you mean finger ring?
there are several good sources
1 greg Wilsons ring leader
2, Relentless ring and string, Bob Miller
3 Symphony of a ring and ribbon, Jay Scott Berry
These are all on video

if you are talking about a larger ring
1 Aldo Colombini's Ringing Around
2 Flip's rope magic
also on video

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Johnny Ace Palmer teaches a version of ring and string on his "Trilogy of Magic" video. It is on Vol. 2. It is a very standard routine. Also, Mark Wilson books have a version.

Like Vinny mentioned above, if you are looking for ring and rope, Aldo Columbini has a good version of ring on rope... he actually has a follow up to his Ringing Around video called "Still Ringing." It is in print. It is VERY easy to understand, and a complete routine in itself.
Stephen Barney
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Stephen Barney
It's also on the Tabary video and on Daryl's expert rope magic.

Aldo's stuff is real good though.
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Sorry guys!

I meant finger ring

Great tips so far

thanks

kukram
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Jerry Mentzer published a big book on finger ring magic, I don't know if it is still in print though.

Mike
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hmmmm.... the new Self Linking/Unlinking Finger Ring I have created with Joe Porper would be great for ring on/off cord stuff... as we will be including a duplicate ungaffed ring.

It will be on the market within the next 30 days.

It will NOT be "cheap" but believe me, it is the finest gimmick of its kind ever made, thanks to Joe Porper's genius workmanship.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4820 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
For a large ring on cord or rope Eric DeCamps has a wonderful routine on his video. I highly recommend it. It is a very mystifying and polished routine.
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
Anything ala Grandmother's necklace/beads have other objects on the string too, for obvious reasons.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I love Ringscape. Its one of the few gaffed tricks I do!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
"Magic with Finger Rings" by Jerry Mentzer is a great resource.

Mark Leveridge also has a great routine, available in a manuscript, as well as on video.
federico luduena
View Profile
Regular user
Buenos Aires, ARG
189 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
As Alan said, Mark Leveridge's routine is very powerful. The moves are simple and direct. The whole routine is short and packed. Besides, those moves are not usually included in the standard videos on the subject.

federico
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Magi:

I do a finger ring routine largely composed of bits from Bob Miller's "Relentless..." material.

Question:
During the phase where the ring is "tied" into the Magician's hand, the string is pulled "through" the ring -- after which, I do some comedy about what a good Magician the helper is and how they've pulled the string through my ring, and "toss" the ring through the air and "catch" it in the other hand.

Sometimes, a suspicious spectator looks at the other hand (ring's in FP and hidden) or even says, "It's in the other hand." Obviously, this can ruin the surprise ending.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Leland Edward Stone
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Ellusionist teaches "MELTED," a string penetration effect on a ring that happens in the spectator's hand.
It's good if you do a Ring & String Routine. It also gets good reactions with the fact that all the magic happens in the spectator's hands plus the spectator personally feels that the string is coming of the ring.
mckenzie
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mckenzie
You can also find a good routine on Dan Turcotte's Site http://www.youdomagic.com Has 2 live performances, so you can see how Dan handles the crowd.
chicagoman
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of chicagoman
Leland,
without actually knowing the routine and how it plays out, perhaps you can "telegraph" the ring flying, by "warning" spectators that the ring "may" go flying, so audiences' attention is in that reality.
This could ruin the bit if it's all suppose to be a joke after the fact, but the solution may be in somehow forewarning the audience.

CM
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
196 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Camirand has a booklet called The Homing Ring by Gary Ouellet. It contains a lot of interesting moves not found in other routines.

Cheers,
Brian
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
My personal favorite is Ring leader by Gregory Wilson.
trenchant
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of trenchant
"OffeRing" by Ron Vergilio. It was published in 1976 and, I think, is out of print. A Google Search, however, indicates that a few used copies are for sale for under $10.00. Uses a borrowed ring, a rope, and the spectator gets to string the ring onto the rope. This is a single routine, not a complete source of ring and string magic, but it's brilliant.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
If you don't mind the ring getting a little bigger, (say ninja ring size)

Scott Guinn has a very visual Ring and String routine on his dvd. Fooled me very badly when I first watched it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on string (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL