The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Frozen in Time- The Stage version (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
It was just curiosity Smile Thanks a lot
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2021, loeld wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Anyone know the size measurements of this please?

The dimensions are 315mmx245mm and 8mm thick

Many thanks for the measurements. Are the workings the same as the close up version for setting the time?
Thanks
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of loeld
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2021, loeld wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Anyone know the size measurements of this please?

The dimensions are 315mmx245mm and 8mm thick

Many thanks for the measurements. Are the workings the same as the close up version for setting the time?
Thanks

Hi! The method is the same, but the working is a little different. You have much more cover as it is so big. The method/technic to set the time without seeing the clock face is in my opinion very clever( it is my method). 😄You also get two more methods in the tutorial All the best. / lp loeld
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Here's my performance of FIT from my stage act last Saturday.

https://vimeo.com/641554061/3709447d12

Mike
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
With the regular FIT there is always a chance a spectator could stumble upon the secret if it is given out to be examined... in the ad for the Stage Size version it says it CAN be examined, but if it is the same method isn't there still a chance the spectator might find the gimmick?
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
The normal version of the „swedish touch“ is also full my examinable. This isn’t based on the old original Frozen in Time.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Yes for the most part the original Frozen in time is the one that cannot be examined but with audience management it can be shown around as long as you handle the prop. This is a nice version and Michael you did a very nice job.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Thanks Eric.

And, yes, the new "Swedish touch" versions (close-up and stage) are fully examinable by the audience.

Mike
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of loeld
It has already been said, but I also want to say it once more because It is important. Frozen in time 2.0- The Swedish touch and Frozen in time- Stage version is not using the same method as the original that came out in the 90th. This is a totally different method and they can hold it and look at it after you have done your routine. That makes it so strong!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
My hesitation with buying this is that I didn't like that the performer has to hold the photo (horizontal) while obviously doing the necessary work. While we can all appreciate products that do not use electronics; in this case this would have looked better if they were employed. It would appear more convincing if the performer only had to turn-around the clock without having to physically touch it before the reveal. I understand that the photo is fully-examinable afterwards, but if I were a layperson watching Michael's otherwise fine performance I would suspect that he did 'something' under the cover of the paper with the question mark on it. It's hard not to assume that something 'sneaky' was taking place in that moment.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 12, 2021, Jared wrote:
My hesitation with buying this is that I didn't like that the performer has to hold the photo (horizontal) while obviously doing the necessary work. While we can all appreciate products that do not use electronics; in this case this would have looked better if they were employed. It would appear more convincing if the performer only had to turn-around the clock without having to physically touch it before the reveal. I understand that the photo is fully-examinable afterwards, but if I were a layperson watching Michael's otherwise fine performance I would suspect that he did 'something' under the cover of the paper with the question mark on it. It's hard not to assume that something 'sneaky' was taking place in that moment.

There are different ways of doing the necessary work and the photo does not need to be held horizontally. But, yes, the performer does have to physically touch the photo before the reveal.

Mike
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Unless of course they just happened to name the right hour which would be amazing and probably the absolute best outcome. Heck at that point you could even have them pick up the photo themself. But I think I definitely agree with Mike there are different ways of Performing this you could actually just have it sitting there all the time until the very last minute when you need to do the reveal. But I believe we might be putting too much on this for a person to hold on to the photo that's fine as well and your hands are almost in the right position for holding the photograph anyway. But I think for the most part this will fly right by the spectators observation. Especially when they see the time that is on there matches the time they picked.

Good magic to all,

Eric
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of loeld
If you look at the trailer then you can see that I set the time very quickly. I have done it for so long time so it just takes a few seconds. If you do a routine where they only think of a time and you know it then you can set the time quickly and off beat! That is what I prefer! I also think that many people who buys this can come up with their own method. In the explanation video I explain two more methods. One with an envelope and I can give them the envelope and they can take out the picture
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Once purchased, is there a way to see or download the explanation video without scanning a QR code?
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of loeld
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, Decomposed wrote:
Once purchased, is there a way to see or download the explanation video without scanning a QR code?

Ok! I guess that you bought it and then I don’t understand the question ? Why is it a problem with the QR code?

All the best

lp loeld
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
It comes with a code you scan in order to see explanation video. I am wanting to know if there will be another way besides a scan code to see how to use it? So many effects today one has to figure out on their own. Hope this makes sense. I am illiterate when it comes to tech. Sorry. Phone I have does not scan.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Then just download a free barcode/QR code app or if you are using Google on your phone then this has a QR code scanner on the search bar. Or if using iPhone it has a automatic QR code scanner in the camera
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great. Thanks. Will figure it out.
loeld
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of loeld
Here is a nice review from Martins Magic!
https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/st......-masuda/
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looks incredible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Frozen in Time- The Stage version (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL