The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson's Shuffle-bored (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1165 Posts

Profile of Corbett
For those that perform this classic often, what is your approach to controlling the spectator's shuffling? There are so many ways that the spec that screw everything up when asked to do what is needed. They orient their pack wrong, their turn over individual cards in the process, etc...
JonHackl
View Profile
Regular user
Western Australia
154 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
Personally, I go ahead and do most the shuffling for them. I split the deck and let each spectator shuffle a half as much as they like, any way they like. Then I have them each cut their halves in two on the table. From there I do the shuffling. They choose which packets to flip over, and I do the actual riffle shuffles.

Another option is to prepare packets yourself for them to do rosetta shuffles, and let the spectators push the cards together. This also involves your handling the cards, of course. Personally, I think with this particular trick it's a worthwhile trade-off for me to handle the cards a little.
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5099 Posts

Profile of landmark
Bannon's Dear Mr Fantasy has a good take on this.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2550 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Aldo Colombini has a nice take on it also with his Pre-Deck Ability
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1520 Posts

Profile of Cain
I don't off-hand recall the takes from Bannon and Colombini, but I've always regarded Lennart Green's Rosetta shuffle as superior. Just spin the packets and instruct a spectator to gently push them together. It looks like more of a mess.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson's Shuffle-bored (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL