The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Switch ONE trailer live now, Christian Grace (142 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21~22~23 [Next]
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Steve is great and I agree. And he is someone who we should talk about or listen to instead of idiots on the Café. This place is more a detriment than it is a helpful resource.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Bits of advice that bear repeating:

"No one is making you read anyone else's posts. No one is making you read any particular thread. You are free to ignore any Café member. No one is making you comment on this board. You have free will and the ability to exercise it. The choices are yours." ~Me

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." ~Bruce Lee

Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, jf4viva wrote:
Steve is great and I agree. And he is someone who we should talk about or listen to instead of idiots on the Café. This place is more a detriment than it is a helpful resource.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, maxon_paul wrote:
Ok I have switch one sitting on my shelf unopened. I can send it back for a refund unopened. Do I open it? Or do I send it back? I'm a mentalist. I don't care about changing cards into anything. I was looking for an undetectable billet switch. I know there is a 'pocket filing cabinet' at work. I know there will be directing of the spectator to get close to a card etc. I was buying this for a imperceptible billet switch. Is this worth it? Or should I just send it back? Thanks.

Don’t be silly, you can do both if necessary.
Most reputable dealers accept returns regardless of whether they are opened.
Penguin for instance accepts returns no questions asked as long as the item is complete with original packaging and undamaged.
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
Ok I have switch one sitting on my shelf unopened. I can send it back for a refund unopened. Do I open it? Or do I send it back? I'm a mentalist. I don't care about changing cards into anything. I was looking for an undetectable billet switch. I know there is a 'pocket filing cabinet' at work. I know there will be directing of the spectator to get close to a card etc. I was buying this for a imperceptible billet switch. Is this worth it? Or should I just send it back? Thanks.

Penguin for instance accepts returns no questions asked as long as the item is complete with original packaging and undamaged.

Don’t return it. It’s disrespectful to the creator. Resell it if you must. But don’t return magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
My goodness. Chill, dude. First you insist this place is full of idiots and that you never come here and now you start lecturing us -those same idiots- on how to deal with return items?! Who made you The Ethical Emperor?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Speaking of advertising in old magic catalogues there was never a problem calling an index an index back then.I bought one [well you got 2] from the old Hank Lee catalogue.It would have been simple to say 'you get a beautiful leather wallet plus a sleight of hand technique' in the first advert the Vanishing inc. boys put out.There was a reason Mark at Saturn magic refused to stock it!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2021, Markymark wrote:
Speaking of advertising in old magic catalogues there was never a problem calling an index an index back then.I bought one [well you got 2] from the old Hank Lee catalogue.It would have been simple to say 'you get a beautiful leather wallet plus a sleight of hand technique' in the first advert the Vanishing inc. boys put out.There was a reason Mark at Saturn magic refused to stock it!

Careful Mark, you’ll soon be labelled a C@@@, Troll and Idiot if you’re not careful. BUT, it’s great to see others sticking their heads above the parapet.

And very interesting in ref to Mark at Saturn.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I guess one thing about the old catalogues is that you would have to buy or order them, and you had them in your home. They weren't available to anyone with a quick Google. So I guess that means that advertising has turn a bit more vague due to this. Just a thought.

Although having said that, half the time you had no idea what you ordered. Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2021, jf4viva wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don’t return it. It’s disrespectful to the creator. Resell it if you must. But don’t return magic

Once the creator has done a deal that’s the end of it he is not personally checking how many people are sending the item back

At the end of the day under the distance selling regulations you can return anything back for a full refund no questions asked

So if it’s of no use to you then my all means send it back !!
maxon_paul
View Profile
New user
Alabama
14 Posts

Profile of maxon_paul
Well I opened it and my dog jumped up and grabbed it took it outside and chewed it up, then lightening hit it. Guess I won't send it back.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Yeah, I don't think they would refund your dog anyway Smile
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Once the creator has done a deal that’s the end of it he is not personally checking how many people are sending the item back

This is not necessarily true, in fact I would say that it is rarely true. If you sell to Murphy’s then you get paid for the stock they take. In cases where a company such as Penguin or VI produce the product then you are paid on the basis of sales minus returns. Even when you produce the item yourself often dealers will take items on a sale or return basis which means you get paid based on sales minus returns.

The problem with some items people buy them to learn the secret then sell the item on. If you can learn the secret quick enough you could return the product having learned the secret and in the process you get the secret and the creator gets diddly squat.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
You call people who disagree with you idiots, silly, lazy, whiners and ****s!
Not really interested in what you have to say. You should chill, accept that others can have different opinions without calling them names.
Focus on some anger management, yoga or relaxation.

Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, jf4viva wrote:
I’m tired of talking about bad magicians trolling the toxic place that is the Café. I don’t even come on here to look for genuine reviews of tricks.

What I do know is there ARE some unbiased honest opinions that are reliable. I’m going to start a YouTube review that will give genuine feedback on material and what you need to know about the trick.
I understand there are different levels of magician and different limitations and capabilities and I will take that into account. I try to incorporate that knowledge into my own releases and include a more advanced version of certain tricks.

If you’re interested in this idea, message me on Facebook or Instagram with tricks you want me to review. Enough of the trolls. Enough of the biased opinions. Enough of the whining and moaning because someone without the necessary knowledge buys a trick and has buyer’s remorse because they didn’t get real
Magic in the package.
It’s time to hold magic creators more accountable. As well as magic companies. It’s also time to give people with actual Knowledge and insight a voice to help others make an informed opinion.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2021, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

The problem with some items people buy them to learn the secret then sell the item on. If you can learn the secret quick enough you could return the product having learned the secret and in the process you get the secret and the creator gets diddly squat.

Mark

That's true Mark truth, integrity and honesty have just disappeared (no pun intended). If I was a dealer, you open no refund. Magic is not your normal retail, we sell secrets.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:

This is not necessarily true, in fact I would say that it is rarely true. If you sell to Murphy’s then you get paid for the stock they take. In cases where a company such as Penguin or VI produce the product then you are paid on the basis of sales minus returns. Even when you produce the item yourself often dealers will take items on a sale or return basis which means you get paid based on sales minus returns.

Mark

This is especially true with this release. Buying from VI gives you instant access to the instructions. I think it would be fair to treat this as a opened package.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
Quote:

Mark

First of all it was no secret that you was buying a index

2nd the actual demo is not explained but an alternative method
so the buyer has every right to ask for a refund

And last of all this explains why Murphy’s are always pushing pre orders

Fact is anyone that took the dealer to court and showed the demo
Them played the secret would win hands down refund would be awarded
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Here is a little bit of fun. In the private FB group, someone pointed out that the switch can be reversed. Meaning you show a card and in the process of very cleanly and fairly folding up the billet, you’ve switched it. This again looks as clean as the regular Switch One. You can hand out the card or billet immediately after you fold it. You can table the folded card or billet or just leave it with the spec. No need to have them close their fist around it, etc. They can open the billet/card. Everything is as it seems.

Can’t do this with paperclip or OSYN. Can’t do it anywhere near this clean with other switches.

Think about the applications this opens up for you. DR and hypno effects comes to mind. In the hand card changes, etc. where the spec opens up the card or billet. Super clean. Nothing needed to show that you are not switching because you don’t have a moment here that opens you up for a dirty moment to be caught on.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I don’t disagree at all that this is a really nice switch, quite possibly the best in many situations. But man kissdadookie, you have really drunk the kool-aid on this effect. You seem pretty obsessed with it. Trying to find fault with any hint that something else might be equal to it. We get it, you totally love it! Just your posts alone probably account for 10 of the current 15 pages so far.

But it’s not fair to claim that everyone who may prefer another switch is uninformed, inexperienced, too lazy to practice, or just plain wrong.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2021, Markymark wrote:

Careful Mark, you’ll soon be labelled a C@@@, Troll and Idiot if you’re not careful. BUT, it’s great to see others sticking their heads above the parapet.

And very interesting in ref to Mark at Saturn.

Hey up, you’re back, you little troll you.

I knew you wouldn’t be able to keep to your own promise of not visiting this thread (see your previous post). So when you said….

Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote [In this case Pegasus is 100% correct]

I rest my case. I’ll leave it there. Any issues please PM me. My last visit to this thread.

……you were making it up. Pretty much like the rest of what you’ve said.

Gotta laugh really 🤪
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
I don’t disagree at all that this is a really nice switch, quite possibly the best in many situations. But man kissdadookie, you have really drunk the kool-aid on this effect. You seem pretty obsessed with it. Trying to find fault with any hint that something else might be equal to it. We get it, you totally love it! Just your posts alone probably account for 10 of the current 15 pages so far.

But it’s not fair to claim that everyone who may prefer another switch is uninformed, inexperienced, too lazy to practice, or just plain wrong.

No, I’m pointing out the merits of the switch that other switches don’t allow for. You came on here and said that this is interchangeable with paper clip or OSYN. Your argument is that this switch brings nothing really to the table other than being a magician fooler. I’ve just presented a application for this switch that has nothing to do with fooling magicians as it allows for DR and hypno effects which comes immediately to mind. Spectator sees something and then on second viewing of the same billet they are holding, it is something else, etc. You can’t do this with paper clip and OSYN. If you did try to use paper clip or OSYN, it’s more work and you’re convoluting the process since you need a reason to use the paper clip and have to take the billet back, etc. This is independent of using a in**x. For example, think about the applications and kind of effect this opens up. Memory loss. Losing the ability to read and regaining it. Etc.

If you think this is simply a attack on your preferred method, that’s on you. You’re the one feeling uncomfortable with the comparison, likely because it points out that perhaps you didn’t actually think through your argument that thoroughly, since you made the assumption that there’s no real practical differences in the switch methods. I’ve just presented you with a very practical difference.

Also, with so many people unclear what the difference is between this and any other switch and here is a huge differentiator that has a very valuable practical application and you are annoyed that I’m attempting to give potential customers better and more thorough information?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Switch ONE trailer live now, Christian Grace (142 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL