The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infinity Watch V3 & Pocket Watch V3 by Bluether Magic (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..13~14~15 [Next]
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Also, is there an indicator on remote to let you know it needs to be recharged ?
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2021, Scottacorman wrote:
Also, is there an indicator on remote to let you know it needs to be recharged ?

There is a indicator light on the remote to show when it's fully charged after using the USB to charge it.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Will that indicator light stay on to show it’s charged or turn off when unplugging usb?
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2021, Scottacorman wrote:

When you turn the remote on the first thing that is shown on the screen is the % of the remaining charge left on the remote.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Certainly Pros and Cons. For context, I use a prop of this sort both close up, parlor, and stage. I perform for corporate audiences and private audiences and will, at every one of them, utilize a prop of this sort for 2 specific routines of mine, one utilizing a forced time and the other utilizing the named time effect.
Lastly, I paid for both my 2 sb watches and the infinity and none of the creators know me (short of some lovely conversation with Benke and Andras on feature request and a few issues I had/am having with my original SB, the new SB version 2 is flawless though).

The infinity v3 is a vast improvement to the former infinity versions and is a worthy prop if you want to use a remote. I love by SB watch (i have 2) and there are certainly more ways to input time, more connectivity possibilities, etc. But they still rely on connection with your phone. Benke is wonderful and his app is so great, however, even the best apps can have connectivity issues. And I have experienced this myself at gigs. The other thing people don't always think about is that having swipes (my preferred method) on my phone ready to go, then restricts the use of my phone for other routines. Doesn't make it impossible but impractical in a strolling environment. There is a simplicity to having a dedicated remote, connected directly to the watch. No apps or phone needed. It produces a much more stable connection that doesn't tie up the phone and also doesn't need it as a middle man. Both the SB watch and the Infinity are fantastic options for different use cases and circumstances. Obviously, if you want to connect the watch to a web prediction, or use your phone openly using the phone key input method, have dice rolled and that automatically input the time for you, etc, these things are only possible with the, very good, SB watch. The obvious benefit to that you are essentially ready to go any time because you don't have to carry the remote with you make casual performances really a perfect use case. Now contrast that to the infinity. For the 2 basic uses, a force time feature where a predetermined time (from the performer) is forced on the spectator by them thinking they are choosing a random time by turning the crown, and then a named time by the spectator matching the time set by the performer on the watch ahead of time, the infinity is a very good alternative. Very reliable in my testing so far and the remote is wonderful, easy to use, stable, small, and quiet. (take everything the miranda watch was and then make it 10 times better and that is what this remote is by comparison). The infinity doesn't do as much, but it does those 2 effects very well, possibly better depending on the circumstances. The force time feature, to me, is definitely superior on the infinity because you can show the crown functions and the spectator can even test this. Some may disagree and that is okay, but I do feel like if you are using the watch to force a time, the spectator turning the crown and seeing the hands move freely beforehand is a definite advantage. No, it isn't perfect as owners will know with the necessary handling, but it is, in my opinion, superior to the SB watch in forcing a single time on someone. But with both there are circumstances where I would definitely choose one over the other. I'm fortunate that I have access to both. Choosing just one though, for me, would be very very difficult as again, different situations will lead to a different choice. Whatever you choose though, I really do not think you will regret your choice. I am happy to answer any questions regarding the 2 watches via PM.

Hope these short thoughts help.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, elimagic wrote:
Certainly Pros and Cons - But with both there are circumstances
where I would definitely choose one over the other ...

To own both watch types would of course be optimal but the price aspect is still to be mentioned in all of that

The SB watch incl. the required app and shipping costs = $400 / Infinity Watch V3 incl. shipping costs $250
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
For the sake of completeness it should be noted that there are remotes available from third parties that work wonderfully with the SB watch. Although most of these require the app to work there are a couple that work directly with the watch so no app is used or needed. For instance, I use the Versa remote from ThoughtCast and when that is used with the SB watch it essentially mimics the functions of the Infinity V3.

But it should also be noted that while you can buy very inexpensive remotes to control the TimeSmith app, a remote that works directly with an SB watch currently costs around $200, bringing the total to $600 vs the Infinity’s $250.

But it’s not as black and white as it may seem because it’s been proven that Andras and Benke stand behind their products 100%, while the quality and durability of the Infinity remains to be seen.
Plus, as stated previously, there are many more options available with the TimeSmith app so while you do pay more you can also do a LOT more. I love using it with the calculator app where the spectator is unknowingly entering all the information for you so you apparently know nothing yet can reveal as much as you like.

You can also go to the other extreme with an SB watch and perform a super quick routine that I will sometimes do for a cashier or at a take-out counter, where I will look at my watch and say Oh gosh, my watch stopped right on my favorite time of the day. What’s your favorite time of the day? Whatever they say I show that our favorite times match exactly.
I mention this only to point out that you cannot recreate this as easily with the Infinity. So the Infinity is not as good as the SB in allowing for longer routines involving other things such as a calculator or dice, and it’s also not as capable of doing very quick routines done on the spur of the moment.

But what it does do it does very well so I am by no means disparaging the Infinity. Merely pointing out some differences.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, videoman wrote:
For the sake of completeness it should be noted that there are remotes available from third parties that work wonderfully with the SB watch. Although most of these require the app to work there are a couple that work directly with the watch so no app is used or needed. For instance, I use the Versa remote from ThoughtCast and when that is used with the SB watch it essentially mimics the functions of the Infinity V3.

But it should also be noted that while you can buy very inexpensive remotes to control the TimeSmith app, a remote that works directly with an SB watch currently costs around $200, bringing the total to $600 vs the Infinity’s $250.

But it’s not as black and white as it may seem because it’s been proven that Andras and Benke stand behind their products 100%, while the quality and durability of the Infinity remains to be seen.
Plus, as stated previously, there are many more options available with the TimeSmith app so while you do pay more you can also do a LOT more. I love using it with the calculator app where the spectator is unknowingly entering all the information for you so you apparently know nothing yet can reveal as much as you like.

You can also go to the other extreme with an SB watch and perform a super quick routine that I will sometimes do for a cashier or at a take-out counter, where I will look at my watch and say Oh gosh, my watch stopped right on my favorite time of the day. What’s your favorite time of the day? Whatever they say I show that our favorite times match exactly.
I mention this only to point out that you cannot recreate this as easily with the Infinity. So the Infinity is not as good as the SB in allowing for longer routines involving other things such as a calculator or dice, and it’s also not as capable of doing very quick routines done on the spur of the moment.

But what it does do it does very well so I am by no means disparaging the Infinity. Merely pointing out some differences.

I agree with a lot of what you have said, especially the SB watch team being tops. They are.
However, you could very easily recreate the scenario you mention with the infinity. The only difference is that it would take a bit more time once you know the time. However, one way the infinity combats this is that you can enter the hour first, as that is what takes 95 perfect of the time to get to and then once you add the miniues it’s near instant. Some light scripting makes this a non issue, but to your point, if you say “say a time” book it’s ok my watch, then yes, that would be simpler with the Sb. Whether that is actually a good routine/use for these props is something else entirely. I don’t use these as a throwaway quick trick like that so to me that isn’t really a concern. I will also say that while remotes work with the timesmith app, outside of the extra price, it’s another link in a chain tjah can go wrong. As someone who in any given strolling show may perform a routine using a watch 20 times in one night, that is terrifying as inevitably that will go wrong a percentage of the time which is why a dedicated remote, connected directly to the watch, is superior as far as using a remote for the input goes. Again, I love my Sb watch and as someone who has performed with one, for literally hundreds of performing and rehearsal hours both for paid gigs since it’s initial launch, I highly recommend it. But the shortcomings of that prop are fixed with the infinity. In the same way, the infinity has shortcomings as well, like a lack of input methods, lack of flexibility, speed, etc that the Sb watch absolutely nails. So to each there own. I think that you should grab an sb and infinity and you cover your bases. One day the perfect prop will be made, perhaps by SB or infinity, but until then, both are very high quality options that do what they do very well. To your last point though, Andras and Benke”s service is proven so that absolutely is worth noting. I don’t have any experience with those at infinity. Their product I seems very good and I’ve not had any connection or any other issues as of yet. Just worth noting.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:

The versa is $200 so the total would be about $400
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
Quote:

The versa is $200 so the total would be about $400

I believe the Sb watch is around 300 plus 40 or so for shipping. So add that to the 200 remote.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Oops. Yeah youre right. The other post said 200 so I just based it off that.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:

The retail price of the SB Watch is currently $400 (Pocket Watch) / $350 (2021 models) / $300 (2020 models) + shipping

And if you already own the Anverdi Mental Dice (3) you still need to buy new ones (over $400) that work with this watch !
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Actually the “other post” said that the REMOTE cost $200 so the total cost with the watch is $600. I’m not sure how you came up with the watch costing $200, you must have read it wrong because that’s not what I said. I’ve purchased a couple SB watches so I’m well aware of its cost believe me. 😃

To clarify the cost of the SB watch, the current wristwatches cost $350 plus $40 shipping from Hungary to US. I would presume that locations closer to Hungary have lower shipping costs. This cost includes the full TimeSmith app. So total cost of the watch combined to the total cost of a remote that will work directly with the watch comes out to approximately $600 for those in the US and equally distant locations.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Actually the “other post” said that the REMOTE cost $200 so the total cost with the watch is $600. I’m not sure how you came up with the watch costing $200, you must have read it wrong because that’s not what I said. I’ve purchased a couple SB watches so I’m well aware of its cost believe me. 😃

To clarify the cost of the SB watch, the current wristwatches cost $350 plus $40 shipping from Hungary to US. I would presume that locations closer to Hungary have lower shipping costs. This cost includes the full TimeSmith app. So total cost of the watch combined to the total cost of a remote that will work directly with the watch comes out to approximately $600 for those in the US and equally distant locations.

yeah you're right. Sorry if I confused anyone. I just misread it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

I agree with a lot of what you have said, especially the SB watch team being tops. They are.
However, you could very easily recreate the scenario you mention with the infinity. The only difference is that it would take a bit more time once you know the time. However, one way the infinity combats this is that you can enter the hour first, as that is what takes 95 perfect of the time to get to and then once you add the miniues it’s near instant. Some light scripting makes this a non issue, but to your point, if you say “say a time” book it’s ok my watch, then yes, that would be simpler with the Sb. Whether that is actually a good routine/use for these props is something else entirely. I don’t use these as a throwaway quick trick like that so to me that isn’t really a concern. I will also say that while remotes work with the timesmith app, outside of the extra price, it’s another link in a chain tjah can go wrong. As someone who in any given strolling show may perform a routine using a watch 20 times in one night, that is terrifying as inevitably that will go wrong a percentage of the time which is why a dedicated remote, connected directly to the watch, is superior as far as using a remote for the input goes. Again, I love my Sb watch and as someone who has performed with one, for literally hundreds of performing and rehearsal hours both for paid gigs since it’s initial launch, I highly recommend it. But the shortcomings of that prop are fixed with the infinity. In the same way, the infinity has shortcomings as well, like a lack of input methods, lack of flexibility, speed, etc that the Sb watch absolutely nails. So to each there own. I think that you should grab an sb and infinity and you cover your bases. One day the perfect prop will be made, perhaps by SB or infinity, but until then, both are very high quality options that do what they do very well. To your last point though, Andras and Benke”s service is proven so that absolutely is worth noting. I don’t have any experience with those at infinity. Their product I seems very good and I’ve not had any connection or any other issues as of yet. Just worth noting.

Since I'm not a pro I can't vouch for it working perfectly 20 times a night but my guess is that it would as it's been absolutely rock solid for me everytime I have used it. I'm referring to the "app-less" direct remote I use with the SB watch. It seems to behave pretty much exactly as the Infinity in terms of reliability so I don't view it as a potential weak link in the chain. Sometimes carrying electronics in your pocket on a day to day basis and only using them every once in a while can be a better test at how well the items connect or stay connected than using them continuously at a gig.

AFA using the watch for quick "throwaway" performances, I realize that this may not be considered the best use of the watches potential, but sometimes you only have a few quick seconds with the person behind the counter (as an example) and it's not unusual to hear a comment related to time such as I get off soon, it's been a long day, sorry for the wait, etc. I like to try and bring a smile to these people's faces in these instances and I have found the watch can fit the bill perfectly. Often they don't even realize it's a trick but believe it is a genuine coincidence. Sometimes I prefer that over performing what is obviously a magic trick.

You can't recreate that exact experience with the Infinity unless perhaps you forego using it as a genuine watch and keep it set to 12:00 all the time. Because to set the crown time means probably having to remove the watch and visibly set it to a "time". The difference between that and how I sometimes perform the SB watch is that now you're obviously doing something which they will quickly come to realize in a moment is a magic trick. Nothing wrong with that of course but sometimes that's just not what I feel like doing. A subtle difference but I do prefer being able to do it in a more subtle way at times, where they are not sure if that was magic or not. I don't always feel a need to be Mr. Magic, here watch me do a trick for you as some people do, which is what leaves a bad taste for magic in some peoples' eyes. Not directing that comment to anyone in particular but I think we've all known that kind of magician.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that I don't perform the watch quickly because I'm a rank amateur who doesn't know any better, but because it helps brighten the day of the people I perform it to and in turn brightens mine as well. If given more time and the right situation I love to use the watch as part of a Toxic calc routine. That can genuinely fry brains. Smile
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
My question is.. What is the connectivity range for the Infinity pocket watch with the lid closed and in a volunteer’s hands?

On a side note, this has been an excellent thread.. Thanks for chiming in everyone...Magicians helping magicians... I love it..
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2021, The Mysterious One wrote:
What is the connectivity range for the Infinity pocket watch with the lid closed and in a volunteer’s hands?

From the information I have received, I would say that up to 6 meters is a safe range
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Dimensions of the keypad remote control:

Thickness = 1.2 cm / 0.47 in
Length = 4.7 cm / 1.85 in
Width = 3.3 cm / 1.30 in

In short, very small
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Dimensions of the keypad remote control:

Thickness = 1.2 cm / 0.47 in
Length = 4.7 cm / 1.85 in
Width = 3.3 cm / 1.30 in

In short, very small

Be nice if it were a bit thinner (perhaps .25 instead of .47) but overall a pretty good size. If it’s too small the buttons can be difficult to press with accuracy.
I no longer own Joao's watch but IIRC his remote was very similar in size.

I believe that the pen remote was initially desirable to some because it was novel and seemed like a James Bond type device, but I think it will soon fall out of favor because the standard remote is so much more versatile as well as easier to operate (and you don’t have to worry about getting ink on your clothes or hands.)
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2021, videoman wrote:
Be nice if it were a bit thinner (perhaps .25 instead of .47) but overall a pretty good size

If it’s too small the buttons can be difficult to press with accuracy => YES I agree

It seems that the size is pretty much identical to "The Watch" remote except that the buttons are a little less high but the lower edges are rounded and therefore the V3 remote is very comfortable to hold. The operation also works in the side pants pocket from the outside if the fabric is not too thick. The vibration is absolutely inaudible at the lowest level and the 3 level adjustment of the vibration strength is excellent. Outstanding for me is the really working crown to move the hands of the watch manually. The radio connection has worked for me even through a wall when I was in a next room. After a short familiarization period, the operation of the clock and the various programs is not difficult to learn and then put into practice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infinity Watch V3 & Pocket Watch V3 by Bluether Magic (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL