The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
Roberto I think you are wrong as in the video showing you how to add to your pledge it literally shows a screenshot of the "Legacy Collection" as an optional extra.

Click here to view attached image.
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
dkelten
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of dkelten
Just to pitch in on the whole advertising thing, I can see where most people dislike how ellusionist advertises but to be honest I think that is the point. As the amount of attention this thread got simply by creating arguments about how they advertized or what it is that they said, it drives a lot more attention to their products and pushes even more traffic towards it. All things considered, its an effective strategy.

Additionally, if they didn't deliver a product that was ultimately worth it, they wouldnt be as succesful as they are in the long term. I bought the how to read minds kit, even though I knew a good amount of methods for what they included, and I was still quite impressed with the kit as a whole. Many people seem to not like Turners work, but I tend to enjoy it, and with the last kit the amount of additional material they added in as one off discussions were worth the cover charg IMO.

I backed this, and quite eagerly await its shipment, if not only for the additional thoughts that I imagine will be sprinkled into the videos.
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
Agreed dkelten, and to be fair a lot of the best stuff on the HTRM kit is just all the subtleties and tips you get from Pete.

I am familiar with some of his work and Kenton's as well and a lot if it you have to be using it day in and day out to hone it. I am sure (and over the years I have been like this) many hobbyists have spent countless hours practicing moves and routines at home but not really got out there and performed that much. You simply can't do that with a lot of Pete's material you just have to be out there performing and honing your scripts and presentations.

I am on the fence on ordering the HTCM kit but I am sure it will be full of interesting stuff.
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2021, big dan wrote:
Roberto I think you are wrong as in the video showing you how to add to your pledge it literally shows a screenshot of the "Legacy Collection" as an optional extra.

Like I said, you could of at the time of check out added optional extras - but the kit doesnít and didn't come with the books as pdfs as you mentioned.
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
80 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Surprised to see no activity here since October. They've started shipping, just got mine yesterday. Haven't had a chance to delve into it yet because of work, unfortunately. Anyone else get theirs, and if so, any initial thoughts?
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
457 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Got mine yesterday as well. Haven't gotten a chance to go through it yet.
If you think rocking a glitter vest or card print tie looks good, safe to assume our views on magic differ.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
I have a love hate with it. Hereís the hate part...this material being so openly available pains my ice cube heart.
That aside, itís very well done. I donít think it equally replaces the original, more in depth works. But itís more then complete.
The little add ons werenít necessary at all, but theyíre actually really nice. The brass pen not only writes nice, but could be a legitimate self defense weapon, probably TSA safe, and youíd look good using it. Jokes aside I doubt itíll leave the house but I like it on my desk. Same with the dice.
The material is what you expect from Peter. People that donít like the long jam session, free flow of thoughts, instructionals, will be perturbed most likely. I personally love it. Thereís nothing fundamentally new here for folks that have his earlier works, but the devils in the details. I found quite a few gems. Seeing some live performances was nice as well. The USB is unique, being attached to a brass key. This makes it cool...but delicate hanging off the side of my laptop. I give it a week before I manage to break it. But, guess Iíll need to be careful.
I suspect Peter will catch some flak over some of the material discussed. i.e. dropping people back during ďhypnoticĒ effects. He gives all the disclaimers, and some of the details Iíd never seen pointed out before. Hypnotists will/should find value here. Peterís hypnosis work doesnít seem to get much attention, but shouldnít be overlooked imo.
Ok, forgive me for the general rant comments, Iím just waking up and need coffee.
Iíll try and add more substantive feedback down the line.
But in short here it is;
If you already like/have Peteís work get this.
If you were curious get this.
If you have night terrors over strong material being released into the wild..donít get this, itíll drive you crazy.
The material, explanations, packaging, extras, price, etc. though...itís good.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Nice overview and thanks for posting 👍🏼 Out of interest what is your personal favourite effect on the project and why?
Thanks
Iím too (as with us all) are looking forward to receiving everything shortly.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Nice overview and thanks for posting 👍🏼 Out of interest what is your personal favourite effect on the project and why?
Thanks
Iím too (as with us all) are looking forward to receiving everything shortly.

Easily Midas Touch. His work with PK touches is the best Iíve personally come across and fits my approach. Also his ďhypnosisĒ work shared. (I use parentheses because he tends to refer to it as pseudo hypnosis himself. I get the impression he does that to avoid the semantic bickering and potentially legalities, but regardless..).
But to pick a best would be hard. Itís a collection of seriously strong material.
These are just my thoughts, and others mileage may vary.

-Theodore Annemann
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Thatís great and interesting to hear - thanks. Not sure if you had/have his original Midas touch, only was wondering if there is anything new or added re this? I think a few new subtleties to the original maybe, but wondering if maybe anything else extra like maybe another phase etc. Yes also curious re the Ďhypnosisí effects and his take on amnesia effects.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Actually, aside from the performance clips, when it comes to Midas if I had to choose between the original written version and this, Iíd go for the original. But, thatís splitting hairs. Iím such a huge fan of quality PK work though Iíll take all I can get.
I just need to start consolidating and categorizing all of my stuff in general though. With so much material being spread out (not just Turners stuff, all of it) on different sites, dlís, etc., I drive myself nuts finding what Iím looking for ugh. But thatís off topic Smile
But no new phases were added (honestly thank god. Iíll take that as a less public release if it happens).
But his discussions on some basic hypnosis and Try Principle are interesting *to me.

-Theodore Annemann
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
54 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
I haven't gotten my physical copies yet but I have been watching the digital files added to my account once my Kickstarter order shipped.

Absolutely great stuff here. Peter and his co-host for the project Mark Lemon, provide fantastic killer effects that just about anyone can do with some practice. They also riff brilliantly during the project and associated videos which is, in typical Peter fashion, just littered with complete gems. The whole package is a bit more free-form and filled with tangents than the average Effect:Method paradigm, but many of those tangents have killer thoughts within them.

Ellusionist (and to an unknown extent Peter) isn't immune from criticism though, and I really find their responses to people on the Kickstarter to be a tad inappropriate. Some folks seemed miffed that with Black Friday shopping and free shipping you can essentially re-create much of the Kickstarter (but critically to their mind, not all) for the same amount or even less money, plus you get the products at essentially the same time as backers who have tied up and pledged their money to the project months in advance. There is more nuance to it than this, but regardless instead of a measured response refuting claims, ignoring them, or even just saying "Sorry some of you feel that way, but don't worry backers there is loads of exclusive content you're about to get, cheers!" they made a long rambling post about how this criticism hurt their feelings and "ef the haters" kinda mentality that caused at least one person to feel doxxed & persecuted by sycophants as a result (allegedly fwiw).

When I saw all that debacle I was really annoyed because this, similar to the ad campaign, comes off as a bit of a blemish on Peter's reputation and certainly on E's; despite this content being insanely good!

And it really is insanely good for the price. With zero prior experience an intelligent and diligent performer (or aspiring performer!) can be doing a killer PK Touch routine, a psychic blowback (aka Jedi Push), make people unable to say their own names or lift an object/bodypart. It's wild to think how accomplished and "legit" you'd instantly become if you learned this material.

As someone who was into Peter's material but didn't own much of it due to the limited supply and high cost, this is a downright bargain I think.

It is really strong stuff and certainly taught in a way that is decent for beginners but best appreciated by folks (even beginners) with a mind on mastery and earnest performance to get the most out of it.

Last caveats, the rambling nature of some sections makes it quite hard to pick up the exact and clear scripts used. Unless the final physical product comes with written scripts for stuff like Midas Touch I won't lie and say I didn't have a pretty laborious time manually transcribing the material myself. Charitably I can say that helped me remember it, but honestly I'd rather have just had a bare bones outline for most of the material to accompany the videos too already.

From looking at BFF and DID etc tables of content though I wouldn't say this seems like a must have for previous Peter purchasers, but I can't truthfully speak way too much on that because I don't own those projects. Seems like overlap but this is all new footage and recording so maybe it's worth it?

Overall, without even getting my physical box yet!, I'm rating this a 10/10 for content and price. For the record I did get Mind Games too, which I didn't mention yet in this post but that is additionally really strong content on Psy Forces and equivoque etc. Idk how non-backers can get that but I am highly enjoying it.

Edit: I wanted to clarify that from an outsider perspective the Kickstarter has actually been run quite well, fulfilling very quickly, and with a lot of engagement by E and their support team - even during the holidays. Which makes it all the more annoying when they baffling make a misstep and throw their customers under the bus for a slightest criticism. I'm not angry, I'm dissapointed in that situation!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have not been able to find a performance video of Midas touch, I received my product. Am I missing something?
Thanks
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
54 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2021, Xcath1 wrote:
I have not been able to find a performance video of Midas touch, I received my product. Am I missing something?
Thanks

It should be in the explanation section of your Ellusionist website account. Do you have the other videos tied to your account? It's about a 3rd of the way through the explanation videos.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Is that the ďperformances directors cutĒ video? I tried to scrub through it and did not see it. I will look again. Is he seated at a desk or is this at the outdoors r party filmed from the back ? Thanks
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Itís in the Dice Men section I believe. SoloDoubleAct made excellent points. Midas in particular needs careful attention to scripting, placement, timing, etc. Whatís presented here is bare bones and omits much of that compared to the original. Iíd recommend picking up the hard copy, and get as much on the effect as possible. Something this strong can be stripped down and still be jaw dropping...but it pains me to see. The language is fairly precise and having it clearly laid out will shave a lot off the learning curve.

-Theodore Annemann
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4289 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I must say, Iíve been enjoying my time so far going through the content here. I must also say, I donít understand why his markings for his marked cards thus far has been a 0 out of 2. Itís just too fine for me personally which makes them hard to read for me especially when under performance conditions. Crossed Keys are easier to read than the Resurrections but man, still kind of hard to read. DMC still reigns supreme for me for marked cards.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Absolutely agree. No way I can use them for the marks. Really nice decks otherwise. (Side note; for ESP cards check out Eclipse. Cant say enough good about that.)

-Theodore Annemann
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
54 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2021, Xcath1 wrote:
Is that the ďperformances directors cutĒ video? I tried to scrub through it and did not see it. I will look again. Is he seated at a desk or is this at the outdoors r party filmed from the back ? Thanks

I'm sorry I misunderstood and thought you meant the explanation not the performance, I misread. The performance for Midas Touch is in Dice Man Part 2 about a quarter of the way into the video. I don't remember the exact timestamp but there are a few performances starting with a girl in a pink outfit and her friend in a blue outfit.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks again, ai will look.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL