The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2021, Rhewin wrote:
I had a bit of time and pulled out the time stamps of all of the full performances. Hopefully Pete can chime in if I missed one or two or misnamed one.

The following are all on The Dice Man pt 2:

8:55 - Hand Stick to Name Amnesia
15:27 - Memory Divination
18:45 - Midas Touch
20:20 - Midas Touch (double performances)
21:57 - No Table Hand Stick to Name Amnesia
23:44 - Jedi Push
25:49 - Insurance
33:10 - Jedi Choke
39:00 - Hand Stick to Name Amnesia plus PIN reveal
41:41 - Friction
45:27 - Object Divination
47:30 - Jedi Push
48:43 - Knockback Induction
50:00 - Try Principal and Name Revelation
53:57 - Jedi Push performed by Spectator
58:42 - Suggestibility Test with Hand Stick
1:00:06 - Name Amnesia
1:02:10 - Knockback Induction plus Hypno Bet

These are from Performances Director's Cut:
6:07 - Ambidextrous
36:04 - Knockback Induction with Jedi Theft

And of course the bonus Jedi Theft video comes with Jedi Theft.

Amazing - thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Ditto, I just screen shot it Smile
Thx 🙏
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2438 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Where do find the extra mind games bonus if we were a kickstart early buyer? I just saw a text for it being sold separately on ellusionist now.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
It should be in your E account

-Theodore Annemann
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I assumed that Mind Games was an add on. I ordered via Kickstarter as well and did not get a Mind Games bonus.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
I ordered it as an add on a few weeks after backing and had the same question, but then I checked my E account and it was there.

-Theodore Annemann
Derotanim
View Profile
Regular user
UK
101 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Will have to agree with what a few others have said. Content is fantastic (and goes above and beyond what was advertised), however the presentation / formatting is a bit lacking. No title cards, no broader structure that helps navigating between effects, and no full performances shown right before the explanation. This all makes it a bit tricky to follow, even if you are a fan of Peter's rather open, dialogue-y style.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2021, Derotanim wrote:
Will have to agree with what a few others have said. Content is fantastic (and goes above and beyond what was advertised), however the presentation / formatting is a bit lacking. No title cards, no broader structure that helps navigating between effects, and no full performances shown right before the explanation. This all makes it a bit tricky to follow, even if you are a fan of Peter's rather open, dialogue-y style.

It will probably frustrate some people is my guess. But I found that his teaching style really does reveal gems above and beyond the immediate topic. Personally, it takes me a few watch throughs until I know roughly what section I need for the meat and potatoes I’m looking for. Initially I was a little aggravated with that format...but now I find so much hidden value throughout that I’d be bummed if it was trimmed down. I think so much of his approach is in the subtitles, rhythm, etc etc that it’s more of a disservice to omit the side explanations. Anyway, pre coffee flow of thoughts, my apologies Smile
Smile

-Theodore Annemann
Jonas1969
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Jonas1969
Quote:

I have been watching and most have a full performance before the explanation. I think Peter's techniques are rather ingenious (culled from long known effects, but tweaked), but seem to definitely be for a setting in which there is one person chosen from a group and the full "WTF?" effect is on the spectators that are not the one chosen to be the subject of the effect; with a couple of mind-benders that will make the one-on-one scenario work, if even for the strange anomalies of physical suggestion.
Now if I can hypnotize Peter into saying "I was" rather than "I were" that would be magic! (just being silly, no offense Peter). You are exceptional for sharing some very weird and entertaining effects that can be utilized, in combination with so many other mentalism effects, for a full-blown "WTF?" mentalism routine. Cheers!
Derotanim
View Profile
Regular user
UK
101 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2021, Jonas1969 wrote:
Quote:

I have been watching and most have a full performance before the explanation. I think Peter's techniques are rather ingenious (culled from long known effects, but tweaked), but seem to definitely be for a setting in which there is one person chosen from a group and the full "WTF?" effect is on the spectators that are not the one chosen to be the subject of the effect; with a couple of mind-benders that will make the one-on-one scenario work, if even for the strange anomalies of physical suggestion.
Now if I can hypnotize Peter into saying "I was" rather than "I were" that would be magic! (just being silly, no offense Peter). You are exceptional for sharing some very weird and entertaining effects that can be utilized, in combination with so many other mentalism effects, for a full-blown "WTF?" mentalism routine. Cheers!

Weird, I remember there being no full performances. Maybe the format is different on the ellusionist download vs on the key usb? Watched it on the former, so that might explain why
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
No, I think what you saw on the key is all there is and what he’s referring to.

-Theodore Annemann
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
But on the E sections (in your E account) the performances are not before the explanations - they are highlighted as above in the index timing breakdown that was kindly done
Derotanim
View Profile
Regular user
UK
101 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
But on the E sections (in your E account) the performances are not before the explanations - they are highlighted as above in the index timing breakdown that was kindly done

Yep, exactly
Rhewin
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
The content on the key is exactly the same as what is in your E account. The only exception is the Performances Director’s Cut video which feature Ambidextrous and Jedi Thief which were not on the Dice Man. As Pete confirmed, this was an artistic decision. I ended up using some video editing software to clip out the performances for my own use which is how I got the time stamps I shared above.

Really the performance videos are good, but I’d meticulously watch the teachings and jam sessions and only use the performance as a quick example. If you pretend to be Pete Turner while doing these, you’re going to have a bad time.

I’ll hold to that the biggest issue with isn’t the performances being a part of Dice Man, but Ellusionist’s messaging. I don’t think they were on the same page as Pete. I even asked about the videos and they responded they were on the Performances Director’s Cut. I’m not sure they actually know what was in it.

For anyone reading the thread, I think this is still the best resource you can find for these types of pseudo hypnosis effects. Pete was ridiculously generous with the amount of teaching and the quality. I really hope that bringing up this gripe didn’t take away from that.
whistleandthumb
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of whistleandthumb
Really appreciate the time stamps posted earlier. If Ellusionist, Peter, or anyone else would like to use that as a guide to build a proper map of how to digest this amazing content, that would be awesome. The content is obviously off the charts, but I swear to god I have no idea what I'm meant to be watching and in what order. Makes learning the content a struggle.
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2021, whistleandthumb wrote:
Really appreciate the time stamps posted earlier. If Ellusionist, Peter, or anyone else would like to use that as a guide to build a proper map of how to digest this amazing content, that would be awesome. The content is obviously off the charts, but I swear to god I have no idea what I'm meant to be watching and in what order. Makes learning the content a struggle.

Agree
Aurel
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Aurel
Hey Pete,

I have two questions to Midas Touch. If it is not suitable for that place here, please remove it and I m sorry. I d stay as vague as possible.

1. Do you think it’s important which status the person has you re performing it for? So do you think it’s more suited for „suggestible“ / „playful“ / „open minded“ people or do you think you can also perform it for the alpha person in the room? I would not do it for a hardcore sceptic…

2. After the first touch there are three questions. Do you think it would be beneficial to go for a yes-street to heighten up the possibility for the third yes?
djrosen
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of djrosen
Not sure I like the sound of not getting a drive in future releases. What computer does not have a USB? If you are able to Download and archive the video from E, that is fine, but if its going to be part of the streaming service and only available online with no ability to download, I wont buy future products. Are you also getting rid of DVDs on the site? E, the new Apple.
Rhewin
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2021, djrosen wrote:
Not sure I like the sound of not getting a drive in future releases. What computer does not have a USB? If you are able to Download and archive the video from E, that is fine, but if its going to be part of the streaming service and only available online with no ability to download, I wont buy future products. Are you also getting rid of DVDs on the site? E, the new Apple.

I think you might be the victim of someone who wasn’t being entirely serious above. You get both a USB key in the kit and can download the videos. MMS New Official has nothing to do with Ellusionist as far as I can tell.
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Hi all, for those that have the kit and had a look at the blank billets included, would anyone know the thickness quality gsm please? I find the billets the perfect size and thickness so it just for ordering more. Not sure if Pete knows the gsm thickness or anyone else from handling them?
Many thanks
Rhewin
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
Hi all, for those that have the kit and had a look at the blank billets included, would anyone know the thickness quality gsm please? I find the billets the perfect size and thickness so it just for ordering more. Not sure if Pete knows the gsm thickness or anyone else from handling them?
Many thanks

They are the same ones that came with How to Read Minds. You can order a pack of 50 for $1.95 here https://ellusionist.com/products/read-minds-refills
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL