The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1622 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Children with rich parents!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
279 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2021, Markymark wrote:
Children with rich parents!

And that’s just the Ellusionist staff… Smile

Anyone want to chip in to an ad campaign where we take Brad Christian to the desert and treat him like a laptop?
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2021, takeachance wrote:
Hey Brad, if you read this, sack your advertising advisor LOL.

I know you're joking, but If their marketing team is evaluated by results, I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon. They are very good at what they do.

That ad copy hits a lot of the buzz words for a lot of different demographics. Without going into detail, I'll bet they crushed over projection in South Asia. And I've got to admit that I laughed out loud at the brute force "short in confidence" line 😂 That hit some of the smaller fellas subliminally, while others knew exactly what they were doing and got mad about it... then after they were mad they probably ordered because they really do want to overcome their small and diminutive confidence. Did you notice the subliminal hobbit shadowed in the text of that line? Not really, lol, but Every word in that has target and purpose.

Anyways, please don't take my words as condoning this, if I had my way I'd literally ban advertising and have all products fail or succeed based on regulated testing and customer input... unfortunately most companies, no matter the business, are going to do what makes them the most money.
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
What’s “regulated testing” out of curiosity? Gatekeepers?
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Well, it's non existent. It's what I imagine in my meritocracy utopia.

There would be trusted panels of experts in every field who review and test everything and they can keep it from going to market if it's dangerous, doesn't function or is poorly made.

For example, in our industry, perhaps David Copperfield, Mike Close and Bill Goodwin would be the expert panel. (I'm going to name effects here I'm not familiar with so no offense to the creators, it's just a hypothetical.)

Before the other brothers can release summit, it will be examined by the expert panel. There is no advertising, the brothers are simply allowed to say what the trick does. The panel examines it, and makes them completely redo the explanation of their product. Other brothers go back to the drawing board, and create a clear and concise explanation of their product. Now the buyers will determine if it's worthwhile. After a flood of negative reviews, the product is pulled because in this society there are no bad products allowed to be sold.

Now say the panel is presented with that multiplying deck thing, (can't remember the name), the panel simply says no. That product can't even be made available for sale. This is a high trust society where the buyer is protected at all costs.

Every single industry will have these panels. There will never be corruption because if the panel starts allowing bad products to market, they will be replaced. It's a meritocracy. If someone is bad at their job, they will be replaced with someone more competent.

Could this ever happen?

Lol, no. We are so thoroughly corrupted.

well, maybe after some sort of collapse.

With no advertising, there's no competition. There's not 75 options for deodorant with 100s of our nation's brightest minds figuring out how to get people to buy their brand. There will be maybe five deodorants, one for each ph balance that a person may need.

This solves a lot of problems... but most importantly, think of all the brilliant people who are currently trying to trick consumers out of their money (quite effectively) and what they could now dedicate their life to. We'd have golf courses on mars.

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
I get your overall point but have no interest in some “elite” group thinking for me. Most people are capable of doing research and making informed decisions. I don’t need/want/desire Copperfield or anyone else deciding what may or may not work for me. I don’t need that anymore then I need the “panel of experts” at Google or Facebook telling me what’s (according to them..) acceptable. This fairly new concept of having so called experts think for us is beyond depressing. I’ll take my chances on the occasional burn personally. But again, I do get the underlying concept. I just disagree with the approach.
I hope that all made sense, I’m distracted sitting in the barbers chair about to lose an ear:)

-Theodore Annemann
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

I'm not going to go into a dissertation here, but I obviously failed to accurately express how this society operates. Facebook would have been busted into a million pieces and all of the leadership jailed the very first thought they censored, emotion they maliciously invoked through experimentation or bit of data they illegally collected.

In fact, they would have never even been able to become a thing under a corruption proof meritocracy.

All matters of importance will be voted on by all citizens. Voting rights will be based on record. Almost all of the people who voted for the Iraq war remained in power for their entire lives. In this system, an error that egregious would immediately knock you out of your position of power. Citizens consistently making correct judgment calls will have a much more powerful vote than the citizen who is always wrong.

If you disagree with what the panels are deciding, it's likely lots of other people do too and they will be replaced. Perhaps you'll end up on one?

And I haven't exactly worked out an entire government, lol, but if you wanted one of the products the panel rejected, I'm sure we could figure out a way to get it to you. You would have to seek it though, it can't be offered for sale to the public anywhere.
And if you simply need to have 47 tooth pastes to choose from, absolutely no worries. Exit from the meritocracy is easy (getting in is a different story) and we'll surely be friends and allies with the society you choose to join ☺ We will catch up at the annual cow polo tournament. (Cow polo has replaced kick ball as the world's official sport, non negotiable)

I really like doing this. I evolve my make believe fairy tale government a little bit every time I talk it out.

EDIT: And if you did decide to go with the Vangough fade, make sure he evens it out on the other side 😂

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
LOL we can agree to disagree on everything but the fade Smile On that there’s no argument. And you are always welcome in my fantasy world, where all opinions are welcome equally.
Peace ☮️

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1952 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Discussions between people that think they know how things really work are a waste of time to us who do.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Discussions between people that think they know how things really work are a waste of time to us who do.

Exactly Unmasked which is why I am always in complete and total agreement with you on all things 😁

-Theodore Annemann
Fromentum
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Seriously? This is a thread about magic. And you guys are starting to fantasize about structures of a utopian government....and overestimating the capabilities of people....

Quote:
On Oct 21, 2021, 252life wrote:
Most people are capable of doing research and making informed decisions.

No... basically just no .....

This is first not helpful for the discussion on the topic and a waste of time for people who are interested in the actual product.

Secondly this is also pretty worthless if you want to discuss actual possibilities for goverment structures. It might be your little ideas that you think about and it's totally ok to discuss that with your circle of friends who are interested in you opinions. But if you look into the complete literature about government theories that offers neither something revolutionary new nor a wells tructured theory. The Leviathan by Hobbes or Against Democracy by Brennan would be far better resources that argue about the mentioned ideas.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1952 Posts

Seriously? This is a thread about magic. At least you start by saying so and then … you start giving us your opinion anyway 😂
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Fromentum, trolling, and pseudo intellectual arrogance, aren’t the theme of this thread either, yet here you are.

-Theodore Annemann
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Apologies. I was asked a question that could have been answered with one sentence and went full autist explaining a fluid idea I'm excited about.

I think about the thousands of 130-160+ IQ people wasting their gift working 70 hour weeks for a marketing agency and am convinced that it's a problem worth solving.

I'm new and am still figuring out forum etiquette. I'm a little embarrassed to have made a mistake that should have been self evident.

I'll do better.

The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1952 Posts

Don't worry, Matty. Like you said: you were asked a question. And it's a freakin' Café, right? So you can digress abit, it's not an effing business meeting with targets... thank goodness.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
^^ that

-Theodore Annemann
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
I have a question here, I thought I read somewhere that this kit comes with a collection of Peter's books as a PDF? Is this correct or was this something only for the initial KS backers?

Whilst I don't agree with the marketing of this product a £100 for a large bulk of Peter's work is really good value. I can understand that some of this material might be more difficult to perform if you are hobbyist just performing for friends but this is stuff that you really need to get out there and do. I can learn a card trick and practice it at home but with psychological stuff you need to be out there honing it as much as you can.

For me this is really interesting as if I perform for friends at a bar then other people will want to see stuff too and this is where you can pull out this kind of material on people you don't know and you can really hone your character (which can be difficult when performing for friends that know you well)

I like the fact that Ellusionist doesn't have a UK store so means there might not be so many people running around performing this stuff come Christmas time!
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
As a backer for the kick starter, you will receive the kit and teachings but not a collection of Petes books as PDF’s
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
Ah I think this might have been the "Legacy Collection" that was an add on. It's a shame as I would have loved to have got ahold of those books.
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
There were other things/effects you could have added on when placing the order, but not a collection of his books on PDF
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.61 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL