The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Dominique Blanco
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Dominique Blanco
Hello to all, I just wanted to give my honest opinion on this purchase I made 1 months ago and watched different effects in the kit: The try principle-Ambidextrous-Hand stick-Midas Touch. This were to me the most appealing one, if I can say so. Here in Europe the set cost 160€ this is a high price, compared to what you can get for this amount in magic shop. My expectation were very high, I purchase at Ellusionist almost over 10 years now and this was my worst decision to made. Some of the principle I was interested, require pre-show. Even if in the jam session was promised to show a situation with no pre-show that was not the case. I don´t have anything against Peter, but I wrote him to ask more support to try 1 effect, no answer at all. Well probably he is to busy at the moment. To me the only effect that is good, in the entire set, is Midas touch. This is the only one where I had the feeling to get, what I saw in the trailer. To me the risk that a lot of people, from different culture, just not following along, to what has been instructed, is very very high. Nothing against Peter, but the explanations and I have no idea how many times he says, not to go out of the tangent here, and than talking endless about some topics that had nothing to do with the explanation, just let you loose the fade completely. I hope to find someone who can buy this product, asap for even 50€ to be honest, because it´s way fair to say is 160 euros worth. I was disappointed that I decided as well to stop purchase ever again at Ellusionist. If you are a beginner or semi pro, think more than twice before you buy this product, if you are expert, well you are more advanced than me, so I do not allow my self to give any advice. If you are in a country where people do like to play along with you and are little sleepy, well probably you will be a star with this kit
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
So, because the material is beyond your grasp, or not what you expected;
•anyone that has success with it performs for slow, patronizing, audiences.
•after 10 years of doing business with E, based on one purchase you’re done with them.

Got it.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
1031ent
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
I would just like to say I am P!$$ED OFF after receiving this kit in the mail.

The file format appears to be restricted to apple products. I could never get the files to play. I tried loading codec's and many different movie players. I even installed i-tunes and could not get the videos to play. Why would it not be disclosed that the movies can only be played on apple products? Also the majority of the world uses windows, so it seems like an odd file format choice. Why not use a format that can be played on both Microsoft and Apple products? Can I just say again how irritating it is to pay $149 for a video, wait a week, and then not be able to view the product.

There is absolutely no need to send the box full of junk. THIS SHOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN A VIDEO DOWNLOAD. Thanks for wasting all the material to send me a junk box, not to mention how it had to be shipped from California with all those emissions. At least give me the option not to get a junk box and just download the video.

I would just like to say F.U. Ellusionist

IF I COULD GIVE THIS ZERO STARS I WOULD !!!
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ELLUSIONST PRODUCT !!!!!
(disclosure: purchased from VanishingInc)
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
677 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
1031ent, I don’t own the product but the file format being limited to Apple products only doesn’t sound right to me. I highly doubt that’s the case. What’s the extension of the file format?
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
677 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
“ There is absolutely no need to send the box full of junk. THIS SHOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN A VIDEO DOWNLOAD.”

I can think of a few reasons they likely didn’t make this project a video download only. Just off the top of my head: People are more likely to buy a product and are willing to pay more for it when there’s gimmicks included. And it probably makes people feel like they’re getting more bang for their buck. Also, if there’s gimmicks involved there’s a higher chance people will purchase it vs. pirating it.
Fromentum
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2022, 1031ent wrote:

The file format appears to be restricted to apple products. I could never get the files to play. I tried loading codec's and many different movie players.

What players did you try?

For me it works fine on VLC media player and kodi. Without any problems at all on a windows machine....
1031ent
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
I tried VLC player and it did not work. I am starting to wonder if there is an issue with the files on the USB.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
677 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Yeah, if they don’t play on VLC player then there’s the possibility that the files are corrupted. Check the file sizes and see how large they are. Sometimes corrupted files can have smaller file sizes since all the data that needs to be there isn’t there. Maybe also try copying the files from the USB drive to your hard drive and see if they play directly from the hard drive. Also see if you can play them from a different computer. These are all good troubleshooting tactics to try and isolate what the problem may or may not be. Otherwise your best bet is to contact your retailer’s (Vanishing Inc) customer support. VI has great customer service and I’m sure they’ll take good care of you. But it’s good to get the troubleshooting out of the way first so you don’t risk going through the trouble of getting a replacement only to realize the replacement doesn’t work either because the issue lies on your end. Sorry, I know it’s an inconvenience. Good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (170 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL