The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone use a "suitcase table"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Does anyone find that the "table" part of the suitcase table too small? 24 by 14 is not too big, then again, I am accustom to 33 by 33. Do any of you owners find a problem the small space on the table? Do any of you add a larger top attachment to make a larger area? I can see me running out of room placing my dove pan and lid and other things on my top. Also, I am concerned I will not have enough room to perform my ninja rings routine on a 24 by 14, or worse, a 18 by 12 table top area. Can anyone who does any of these give me some feedback? Thanks -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I agree completely. I don't perform on the top itself.
I put one of these on top;
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=11
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=12

I also clip one of these onto the latch things on the table and use it as a table servante:

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=2

That setup can't be beat.

One bit of advice: Make sure you can do your ninja a routine with no table at all.
Either adjust the routine or make a new routine.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
If you know the ninja routine, you know what there are a few parts in which you need the table. One is the spin link in which you spin the ring on the table and link it. Another is when you dissolve 2 of the 4 ring off on the table, in which you slap one and the force of the table shoots the ring back on. Also, you put some rings on the table periodically during the routine. So, yes, I pretty much need a table to perform Ninja Rings. Thanks for the ideas though.

I measured the hight of the table with a tape measure, and as stated, the table top is pretty high, not for me, but for my spectators to watch me do magic. Changing my question abit, does anyone put a table top on top of the suitcase that is propped at an angle towards the audience? Someone mentioned a desire of doing this and I thought it was a great idea. Anyone do that? So then not only do you have a larger working area, but it is propped a little toward the audience so that they have a better angle to see. Thanks -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I do know the ninja ring routine. I've been doing it for years.

What I was suggesting is to make sure you can do a version of the routine that involves no table moves whatsoever. I don't find them particularly strong anyway so I got rid of them. I've never used any of the tabled moves.

It is a strong routine. I do it all the time professionally. Since I had done a lot of work professionally by the time I purchased it, the first thought that came to mind after "wow, that's a great routine" was "I got to get rid of those table moves to make sure I can do the routine anywhere".

I too think the table is just a bit high for some smaller spectators. That means younger spectators. For younger spectators, almost anything that is done on a table could be improved by getting it up off the table. With the exception of things like Ridiculous Ravioli, PBJ, Run Whomever Run, etc.

When I do the ninja rings, I walk around a bit. I hand out rings. I get people involved. It's not just me and a table and everybody watches me.

If you wish to discuss an in-the-hands version PM me for details.
Once you try it, you probably won't go back.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone use a "suitcase table"? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL