We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » DIY Playing Card Finger chopper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I remember a long time ago (a 10 years or maybe more) buying a PDF download for plans to make a finger chopper out of a few playing cards and (I think) a stapler. The plans came with cut out templates to lay over the cards to make the necessary cuts. I cannot for the life of me remember who created it or where I bought it. Does anyone know what the name of this was, or where I could purchase it again?

Thanks.
magictaffy
View Profile
New user
Cardiff,Wales.UK
93 Posts

Profile of magictaffy
Https://www.magicnook.com/magicbob/IHCT2/IHCT2-00a_TOC.htm

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but there are 3 volumes available on a fantastic range of make yourself illusions with cards.
You can also buy individual tricks. I'm sure the one you want is in there somewhere, good luck.

Paul
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, magictaffy wrote:
Https://www.magicnook.com/magicbob/IHCT2/IHCT2-00a_TOC.htm

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but there are 3 volumes available on a fantastic range of make yourself illusions with cards.
You can also buy individual tricks. I'm sure the one you want is in there somewhere, good luck.

Paul



Thank you! I'll look for it but I'll probably get this either way. I love making gaffs and this looks like a great way to kill a weekend!
mantel
View Profile
Special user
838 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2021, Herr Brian Tabor wrote:
Does anyone know what the name of this was, or where I could purchase it again?

ThumbThing by Steve Fearson

https://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?m......s_id=408

It appears to still be open despite what happened

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=61
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2021, Herr Brian Tabor wrote:
Does anyone know what the name of this was, or where I could purchase it again?

ThumbThing by Steve Fearson

https://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?m......s_id=408

It appears to still be open despite what happened

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=61


That's it thank you! I didn't hear about his story until now.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5135 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, magictaffy wrote:
Https://www.magicnook.com/magicbob/IHCT2/IHCT2-00a_TOC.htm

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but there are 3 volumes available on a fantastic range of make yourself illusions with cards.
You can also buy individual tricks. I'm sure the one you want is in there somewhere, good luck.

Paul


Scroll down the page to "Off With Her Head." Sounds like what you want.
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, Herr Brian Tabor wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, magictaffy wrote:
Https://www.magicnook.com/magicbob/IHCT2/IHCT2-00a_TOC.htm

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but there are 3 volumes available on a fantastic range of make yourself illusions with cards.
You can also buy individual tricks. I'm sure the one you want is in there somewhere, good luck.

Paul



Thank you! I'll look for it but I'll probably get this either way. I love making gaffs and this looks like a great way to kill a weekend!


If you like making gaff cards, getting your hands on Steve Dusheck's Card Magic book would be a treat. I don't know if it's still available new, but it usually runs anywhere from $30-70 on the secondhand market, and it's chock-full of DIY gaff tricks (all fun and powerful stuff, if you're into gaffed cards/decks). Unfortunately, I don't remember offhand if there's a 'guillotine' trick, but there's enough other stuff in there that will keep you entertained.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » DIY Playing Card Finger chopper? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL