The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Power Play by Ian Cranston (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ianchandler
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
Https://iancranston.gumroad.com/l/kjVdFL

Ian is a fantastic magician from Korea who's become popular on Instagram thanks to his crazy sleight of hand. But his magic is in a different league entirely. Think engaging, thoughtful magic in the vein of Asi Wind, Ben Earl, and David Williamson.

This is his first lecture release in English. Power Play received rave reviews for its original Korean release, and it's easy to see why. There's over 3 hours of content here, and it's really more of a seminar that goes over several interesting methodologies as well as useful approaches to audience management.

Here are the routines as described on the product page:

- Numerical Concordance

: One of the most impossible coincidence effects out there by Dani Daortiz. Ian will be teaching his take on it, which makes the routine completely imrpomptu, and also 3 techniques that allow you to go directly into miracles without any apparent set-up right after ‘Numerical Concordance’.

- You & I

: An extremely interactive piece of card magic where you and the spectator find 4 aces together.

- Shuffled ACAAN

: ACAAN that starts with a shuffled deck.

- Systemized 4 of a Kind

: A system that allows you to find the chosen 4 of a kind from a shuffled deck of cards.

- My Stop Trick Handling

: Ian’s handling of ‘Stop Trick’ that is extremely easy and natural.

[What To Do]

- When Timing Force Goes Wrong

- When Classic Force Goes Wrong

- When You Find The Wrong Card

- When Spectator Remembers The Wrong Card

- When You Get Caught Palming A Card
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
This seems incredibly interesting 😃 Are you interested in giving away a "review" copy? 😃

I'm a huge fan of DaOrtiz, congratulations

BTW, I don't know if this is worth mentioning it, but "NUmerical COncordance" is an effect by none other than Hofzinser himself.

There are 2 versions described of this effect, one by Ottokar Fisher and the other by Magic Christian. There is a difference between them. According to FIsher, the effect included a predcition. Magic Christian says that that was an addition by Fisher, but not originaly with Hofzinser. I personally like better the Fisher version.

I LOVE DaOrtiz. I believe he is a genius. I know that Numerical Concordance is one of his favorite effects. He always uses it as an opener in his one man show. In my PERSONAL opinion (only my opnion) the original Fisher effect is more powerful - look at the script. It just gives you the chills that real mind control has taken place. IMO anyways.

Good luck with your release

Maxi
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Power Play by Ian Cranston (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL