The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » So many options, so little time (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Satire
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Satire
Hello! I picked up most of the magic I know when I was 13 out of a copy of Expert Card Technique I picked up at the local magic shop. From there I went on to performing at events for a bit of pocket money through my high school years. Now I mostly break it out when friends ask me to at parties, but I haven't advanced much in the last couple decades, relying on my old, known skillset.

I've picked up a (small) handful of new effects over the last few years, but I'd like to devote the time it actually requires to it and grow my repertoire. Hence swapping over from being a lurker here!
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
I think I was about 12 when I picked up my dad's red-covered copy of "200 Tricks You Can Do" by Howard Thurston, and just a few months following that I asked for a magic set for my birthday and was off and running, performing a little show for the summer reading club at my local public library and getting raucously "busted" by other kids my age who had the same plastic cups and balls etc. that I did.

Nowadays (age 79) I still read a lot of different threads here on the Forum and sometimes pick up on an "easy" or "self-working" trick on YouTube that I can learn without too much effort. I've also assembled a nice collection of m****d c***s and have invented (or likely reinvented) several effects to baffle friends and family as and when they will tolerate such.

Bottom line: I think that magic as an art form or mere pastime is all good no matter one's age or level of commitment to it.

Real bottom line: Welcome to the Magic Café, where the learning and sharing never stop! (smile)
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » So many options, so little time (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL