The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tom Ladshaw Replica Morgan Dollars + Gaffs (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
312 Posts

Profile of will lane
Hi all, I've long been on the fence about the replica Morgan Dollar sets floating around the market. I recently decided to take the plunge and ordered the "Morgan Dollar Replica MASTER Set PLUS" set from Tom Ladshaw. I think he re-sells these coins, but having to find exactly which manufacturer and getting the exact same product on eBay or Amazon, plus the multi-week wait, isn't worth it.

There has been some talk about these exact coins from this exact seller, so I wanted to give everyone a clear look at these coins, plus let you hear how they sound, and also hopefully convey how they handle. I did record in 4K so if your computer can handle that, try it out.

I'll write a more in-depth review later in the appropriate sub-forum, but I want to say I am very happy with this set. No they don't look like real Morgans (does that matter that much?), but they handle very well and are very well made, including the gaffs. Tom Ladshaw threw in some loops as a free gift for me, so I cant guarantee you'll get the same on your order, but I filmed them in that second shot anyway. You also get some plastic coin cases that I forgot to film.

https://tomladshawmagic.com/morgan-dollar-master-set-plus

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Tom is a top notch guy! I have ordered things from him and always excellent service. I do not think he would sell something if he would not use it himself.
Jack Skipton
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
I’ll add another big vote of praise for Tom Ladshaw. I’m super happy with these coins (I got the same set) and Tom’s customer service is just the best.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I tried to get on Tom's site, but I Have security software, and beware, my software said your connection is not private. Sorry to say this, this type of gaff is pretty common at ebay, Amazon, or Alixpress. This is just something marked up, imho. I wish the best to all, but when we are dealing with the same items, bought and marked up, it is at least good for others to research it.
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
312 Posts

Profile of will lane
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2021, countrymaven wrote:
I tried to get on Tom's site, but I Have security software, and beware, my software said your connection is not private. Sorry to say this, this type of gaff is pretty common at ebay, Amazon, or Alixpress. This is just something marked up, imho. I wish the best to all, but when we are dealing with the same items, bought and marked up, it is at least good for others to research it.

Yes, I am aware that Ladshaw likely marks up and resells product from overseas manufacturers. As I wrote in the original post,

"I think he re-sells these coins, but having to find exactly which manufacturer and getting the exact same product on eBay or Amazon, plus the multi-week wait, isn't worth it..."

It's probably not worth someone's time and effort to try to find exactly which seller/manufacturer Ladshaw buys from. Every listing on eBay/AliExpress/Amazon might be the exact same product... but likely it's not. Not only that, but likely there manufacturers trying to copy the copies, so you may end up with a poor imitation of the product. And, Ladshaw's sets will arrive in probably a week or less; from another site like eBay or Amazon, it might take multiple weeks.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2090 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2021, countrymaven wrote:
I tried to get on Tom's site, but I Have security software, and beware, my software said your connection is not private.

If you click through to the details you should be able to see that the server certificate for the site expired on 9/19 - yesterday. That date is built in when the certificate was issued. It will likely be updated soon.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I checked today, the set described above is not available at the website mentioned above.
I don't know when the last time was that you shopped on Amazon, but you can order a shell and set of
Morgan replicas (separately) and if you have Amz prime, you can get it delivered free in up to two days.

At a fraction of the price. I am not paid to endorse a website. But I try to steer hungry magicians to good deals if I can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tom Ladshaw Replica Morgan Dollars + Gaffs (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL