We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A slightly different application for the wand spin? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kanawati
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
280 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Hi everyone, a couple of years ago I posted a cups and balls routine I was working on. Here’s the original in case anyone wants to see it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QT7i7Ryx1c8

My routine has changed quite a bit since then. I’ve added ideas from David Williamson and it still borrows heavily from Tommy Wonder. I have also borrowed the idea of using a wooden spoon from Denis Fabre who has posted on the Café and you can see his excellent performances on YouTube.

But I did want to share one change I made. In the first video I achieved the second load of the egg by using a gimmick I made and having to go into my pocket 3 times (just for one load)! I found it confusing trying to motivate all those moves! I now only need to go to my pocket once. I use the Mora / Vernon wand spin but in a slightly different application…not quite as a vanish. Here is just that sequence:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbtbv16q_XQ&feature=youtu.be
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone using the wand spin for that type of application before so just wanted to share the idea. Still a work in progress!
John
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Nice work! I enjoyed seeing the evolution from the first two the second. Thank you for posting both.
Kanawati
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
280 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Many thanks D. Yoder:)
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I can see this being done wearing a button up shirt that one flap is un-tucked, the buttons are misaligned, wearing a tie that is crooked, and starting off by walking onto camera or stage with a trip over something on the floor. you could address the audience like that teacher in the school who was kind of caught off guard and is not sure if he likes being in front of everyone publicly speaking. Like the principle shoved you out in front of the assembly because he has better things to do.

I do love that you don't mention the cups being 6000 years old and are on the walls of the Egyptians temples. The way you open is great you are saying it is an old trick but in a different way that is less over used.
Kanawati
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
280 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Thank you Chuck:) I do like incorporating moments in my routines where the magic is a bit out of control! You’ve actually touched on part of the backstory I have for my character…an academic of sorts, someone fascinated by the psychology of magic and misdirection…
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A slightly different application for the wand spin? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL