The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Latex Cube gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is that out of stock as in they’ve not yet received stock or they’ve sold their existing stock?
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
It's in stock,just a new link and it comes with a real cube now instead of the first link where it just came with the shell.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S32374
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Understood Steve. Thanks.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Better off to get it with the matching cube glad they sell it that way this way you have the perfect matching cube !
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Make sure you order plenty of replacements...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2021, Magic from A to Z wrote:
Make sure you order plenty of replacements...

Why is that?
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2021, Blindside785 wrote:
Why is that?

As demoed, If you were to crush it over and over and over again, I'm sure it will wear and tear particularly in the corners...
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
No need to crush it just use the latex gimmick to solve the cube !
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of pierre888
I was gifted the latex cube gimmick from murphys but unfortunately, I doesn't come wiht the cube. Any idea where I can buy the cube that looks like it? I noticed the orange side in the cube is not orange but almost rose or pinkish...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That’s a shame as according to the images the colours are identical. That’s me out.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2021, pierre888 wrote:
I was gifted the latex cube gimmick from murphys but unfortunately, I doesn't come wiht the cube. Any idea where I can buy the cube that looks like it? I noticed the orange side in the cube is not orange but almost rose or pinkish...

They have a set complete with a regular cube. I think we better purchase this version than the one w/o the cube, to make sure they are the same color.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
There’s currently a two star review for this product on Vanishing Inc. You can see it here: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/close-......gimmick/

I’ll also paste it below:

“Andre
Hello. The latex rubic video was superb. No complaints. But. You need large Incredible Hulk hands or The Thing hands. Not meant for boy wonder hands. Yes. It wasn’t jelly soft. It must’ve been jam soft. Because jam don’t shake like jelly.

Food for thought,
Boy Wonder”

What exactly are they trying to say? That the gimmick is too big? That it’s difficult to crush?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I was thinking more on the lines of just solving the cube like in the demo will the gimmick fit properly over the regular cube the spectator mixes ?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2021, tophatter wrote:
I was thinking more on the lines of just solving the cube like in the demo will the gimmick fit properly over the regular cube the spectator mixes ?

Yes, apart from on side, the rest can be solved.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I purchased the Latex Cube Set by SYOUMA and here's my review:

The provided gimmick is disappointing. I was expecting it to be more rigid, but it's quite flimsy. Because it doesn't hold its shape, don't expect the gimmick to pass for a real cube if there isn't a rigid object like a cube already nested inside of it. The cube that comes with the set is the right size and fit for the gimmick, but I did try some other cubes I have at home like a Rubik's Dream cube by Henry Harrius, and these did not work as well due to their slightly larger dimensions. You can technically nest a slightly larger cube inside the gimmick because it does stretch, but it'll be a snug fit, which will also make it more difficult to remove. The gimmick is also difficult and awkward to palm due to it's size and shape. Your hand will look quite awkward trying to conceal it. Furthermore, the colors on the gimmick don’t quite match up with the colors on the provided Rubik’s cube, particularly the side that is supposed to be orange is instead pink on the gimmick. I don't mind the minor differences in the shades of yellow, green, blue, and red between the gimmick and the cube because those aren't noticeable. But the orange vs. pink is a noticeable contrast. User indomagic suggested above to purchase the set rather than the standalone gimmick to ensure that the gimmick and cube match. Well, I can confirm that they won't because the provided Rubik's cube does not have a pink side. Lastly, if you exclude the trailer, the video instructions are only a measly two minutes long. And get this: one of the more visual routines in the trailer requires you to "modify" the gimmick in a major way (using scissors). If you do this you are essentially rendering it useless for all of the other routines. And it's not like the gimmick is cheap. Honestly, I expected better, especially for the price. I'm going to return it and get a refund.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, Phatmeat wrote:
I purchased the Latex Cube Set by SYOUMA and here's my review:

The provided gimmick is disappointing. I was expecting it to be more rigid, but it's quite flimsy. Because it doesn't hold its shape, don't expect the gimmick to pass for a real cube if there isn't a rigid object like a cube already nested inside of it. The cube that comes with the set is the right size and fit for the gimmick, but I did try some other cubes I have at home like a Rubik's Dream cube by Henry Harrius, and these did not work as well due to their slightly larger dimensions. You can technically nest a slightly larger cube inside the gimmick because it does stretch, but it'll be a snug fit, which will also make it more difficult to remove. The gimmick is also difficult and awkward to palm due to it's size and shape. Your hand will look quite awkward trying to conceal it. Furthermore, the colors on the gimmick don’t quite match up with the colors on the provided Rubik’s cube, particularly the side that is supposed to be orange is instead pink on the gimmick. I don't mind the minor differences in the shades of yellow, green, blue, and red between the gimmick and the cube because those aren't noticeable. But the orange vs. pink is a noticeable contrast. User indomagic suggested above to purchase the set rather than the standalone gimmick to ensure that the gimmick and cube match. Well, I can confirm that they won't because the provided Rubik's cube does not have a pink side. Lastly, if you exclude the trailer, the video instructions are only a measly two minutes long. And get this: one of the more visual routines in the trailer requires you to "modify" the gimmick in a major way (using scissors). If you do this you are essentially rendering it useless for all of the other routines. And it's not like the gimmick is cheap. Honestly, I expected better, especially for the price. I'm going to return it and get a refund.

I Agree the provided Rubik color is not exactly the same as the gimmick one. But it might be not big issue, since mostly you only show one Rubik during your performance. So no change to compare between two.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just wait until V2.0. I’m sure you guys will get a discount.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2021, tophatter wrote:
No need to crush it just use the latex gimmick to solve the cube !

Agreed. I think the weakest effect would be to crush it for a vanish. Much stronger is solving the cube by placing it in a paper bag and giving the bag a little shake , then it comes out solved.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Just wait until V2.0. I’m sure you guys will get a discount.

Hmmmm... maybe I'll wait to see if V2.0 is improved (unless there is no V2.0 and you're just pulling our leg?) .

Are you joking or has a V2.0 been announced ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Latex Cube gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL