The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New PayPal shipping (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5807 Posts

Profile of videoman
Anyone else having issues shipping items through PayPal with the new PayPal shipping company Ship Station?

I keep getting an error message about an error transferring funds from wallet or something.
I don't even know what that means.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Not yet but it seems that the issues will be hopefully fixed soon
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
I'm getting the same error.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
It looks like you have to have at least the shipping amount in your PayPal balance, which is treated as a “wallet”; PayPal won't draw from a credit card or bank for this. The problem is it takes 2-3 business days for a transfer to your balance to go through. I suspect they are trying to get people to keep a balance so they can make interest off of it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5807 Posts

Profile of videoman
But in my case there is much more than the shipping amount in my PayPal balance so I don't understand why it would not be working.

You would think they would get at least the most basic bugs fixed before launching it. PayPal is not a rinky dink little company.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
252 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
Try also linking a credit or debit card to your account. Others have mentioned that they receive an "unable to process your request" error until a bank card has been linked to their account. ShipStation (owned by stamps.com) works beautifully after that.

Also, even if you have the credit card linked from PayPal, be sure it hasn't expired. Update the info as necessary, and it should work fine after that,

Good luck!
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
I called PayPal support. She didn’t know what was going on but told me for the time being you can access the PayPal label service by typing PayPal.com/mos , which worked.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
I also emailed PayPal and this was their response:
“Thanks for reaching out. We understand you are seeing an error when trying to purchase a label. Our Development team is aware of the issue and currently investigating. We don't currently have an ETA for when this will be resolved but I would be happy to follow up with you via email as soon as the problem is resolved. We apologize for any disruption this has caused.”
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5807 Posts

Profile of videoman
I have multiple cards linked to my PayPal account and it didn’t work for me, so I’m not sure how accurate that info is. When you begin on Ship Station the first time it gives you the option of paying by using your PayPal balance or a linked card. I chose to use balance as I always have. It seems like once you choose an option it gets locked in and that page never shows up again. At least that is what happened in my case.

I was involved in a class action lawsuit against Stamps.com about a decade ago involving their scam like business practices at that time and refuse to ever use any product or company affiliated with them. So I’m sad to see that ship Station is owned by them, although that explains a lot about the current fiasco.

Thanks for the link cyberdave. That did work albeit with a bit more hassle than was required before but at least it may be a temporary solution. But of course temporary for PayPal could mean years.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1612 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2021, cyberdave03 wrote:
I also emailed PayPal and this was their response:
“Thanks for reaching out. We understand you are seeing an error when trying to purchase a label. Our Development team is aware of the issue and currently investigating. We don't currently have an ETA for when this will be resolved but I would be happy to follow up with you via email as soon as the problem is resolved. We apologize for any disruption this has caused.”

I had the same problem and had to hand write my labels. Went to my post office and told him about the problem. He said what the problem is, there is an increase in postage fees and PayPal is busy trying to get the new prices put in.
I found out after I was able to print a label he was right, All postage was higher, check it out.
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Kari G. (PayPal Shipping by ShipStation)

Oct 14, 2021, 1:08 PM CDT
Hi There,

My name is Kari and I am reaching out to you in regards to an error that you may have been seeing when attempting to create a label.

Earlier we received reports of some users encountering an error - "Purchase Error- Error Transferring Wallet Funds," when attempting to create a label using the Shipstation with PayPal Shipping Solution.

Our development team was able to identify the cause of this error and roll out a fix.

If you are still experiencing an issue creating labels, please do reach back out.

We appreciate your patience.

Best,

Kari G.
User Success Team Lead
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I finally gave up on PayPal! I now just go to Walmart and when I buy something send money through them if for example I'm buying from a magician on the Café here. I just got tired of not receiving the same service I was accustomed to from them.

Good magic to all,


Eric
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5101 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2021, Rennie wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2021, cyberdave03 wrote:
I also emailed PayPal and this was their response:
“Thanks for reaching out. We understand you are seeing an error when trying to purchase a label. Our Development team is aware of the issue and currently investigating. We don't currently have an ETA for when this will be resolved but I would be happy to follow up with you via email as soon as the problem is resolved. We apologize for any disruption this has caused.”

I had the same problem and had to hand write my labels. Went to my post office and told him about the problem. He said what the problem is, there is an increase in postage fees and PayPal is busy trying to get the new prices put in.
I found out after I was able to print a label he was right, All postage was higher, check it out.


Sounds like a pretty lame excuse from Paypal. What, changing a number in a piece of computer code is a months long problem? It sounds ridiculous to me.
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
I'm still figuring out Café etiquette so I'm not sure if I should be asking my PayPal question here where you guys are already talking about it or if I should be making a new post because it's a different PayPal issue I'm having.

Anyways, I just started using it for the first time in my life to sell my coin bend, and I've noticed the money on about half of the orders is being put on hold.

I thought this was going to just be until the product arrived, but a lot of these guys have had it for a week now and the money is still locked up.

Do I need to get them to release it or is it something that will just happen sometime in the future?

Thanks
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5807 Posts

Profile of videoman
I’m sure it’s because your account is new. I think the hold can last up to 3 weeks.

More info:

https://www.businessinsider.com/paypal-money-on-hold


Quote:
On Oct 24, 2021, MattyMediocrity wrote:
I'm still figuring out Café etiquette so I'm not sure if I should be asking my PayPal question here where you guys are already talking about it or if I should be making a new post because it's a different PayPal issue I'm having.

Anyways, I just started using it for the first time in my life to sell my coin bend, and I've noticed the money on about half of the orders is being put on hold.

I thought this was going to just be until the product arrived, but a lot of these guys have had it for a week now and the money is still locked up.

Do I need to get them to release it or is it something that will just happen sometime in the future?

Thanks
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Thanks, VideoMan!
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
In case anyone doesn't know, when you sell through PayPal, they set the return terms - not you.

Buyers can request refunds up to 180 days after paying for a product through Paypal. Sellers must grant refunds to dissatisfied buyers. A dispute can be issued if a seller is unresponsive.

I have not had a problem in actual transactions, but just thinking that 5-6 months after I sold something a return is possible is somewhat unsettling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New PayPal shipping (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL