The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Quite all the RISING CARD around (LOOKING FOR HELP) (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2021, countrymaven wrote:
Quote from Al Baker on rising cards with or w/o thread: (read the first post above)

Son,' he said, 'some of these guys that come in here drive me nuts.' I
went to the door as he reached for his coat. 'Half the time', he continued, 'all a guy needs
is a dab of wax or a silk thread, and he's got a miracle on his hands. But what does he do?
He spends all day in here looking for machinery to do the same trick. Then he has to
spend an hour provin' it aint.'

Yeah but a piece of thread does not look very pretty on the shelf... Smile
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
J M, haha, great sense of humor. So true. Applies to so many things magical.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
There's one on YouTube now by brick Tilley that uses a clock dome and takes only one person to operate.the clock dome is an interesting addition..🤗
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2021, Poof-Daddy wrote:
IIRC Tony Miller has a rising card inside a sealed ziplock bag.

I've seen it and the method is nice, too.

Paul Richards has a nice method on one of his DVDs. You only need a deck of cards. You can make the gaff in a few seconds.

Mike Powers has a great method in his latest lecture. The gimmick is easy to make and use. Most of us already have what we need to make the gimmick, although he uses a specific type.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Ben Harris' Enlightenment
Robtherunner
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Robtherunner
Hello,
I have a old rising card that has stopped working. trying to find a new one that has a similar gimmick. Anyone know where to get this? or who makes it/ what this kind is called?
Thanks!
see picture. If I can get it to attach.

Teh gimmick is a weight built in to a stack of some of the cards works like a pully system.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Hi Rob, seems you have a Devano Rising Card Deck, one of the best! Martini Magic makes them and they are also available at other magic shops. You described it perfectly - weight and pully system
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
From lybrary.com is a CARD RISE THROUGH FINGER that uses no thread and startles the onlookers.easy to construct and works close or platform.give it a look.there is a video demo as well,so you know what you're getting...forget all the other stuff,this is unique.
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Quite all the RISING CARD around (LOOKING FOR HELP) (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL