The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Downloadable Magic Instructions (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Cowart
View Profile
New user
Deep South USA
45 Posts

Profile of Ron Cowart
I wanted to take a minute to inform my friends and contacts here, that I have created a website which contains downloadable instructions for various magic props.

The site just went public a couple of days ago, so currently there are only 20+ downloads (I'm adding more daily). With that said, allow me, please, to point out a couple or three details.

- The relatively small charge for the instructions is not per page but for the complete set of instructions, regardless if it's one, two or eight pages. Also, I'm not trying to get rich, I'd be thrilled just to offset the cost of leasing the VPS server this resides on.

- You don't have to send just one item to the shopping cart, then check out and then proceed to do the same thing for a second item. You can add to your shopping cart, then check out for all items as a whole. This will make sense to those of you who have seen the "one-item-at-a-time" sites.

- Once you checkout, you download your items. No waiting.

- PayPal is my exclusive method for payment.

- About Registration: Registration is 100% [u]FREE[/u] and is required to make purchases. There are several reasons for this. You can go back into your profile and download your past purchases, as needed. I won't have to verify your status (make certain it's not a bot), as it's done automatically once you register. Also, as the number of registered members grows, I will, on occasion, send out notices, when new uploads, especially things I think you might find interesting, are added.

***COMING SOON***

I have plans to add downloadable video backgrounds & elements, as well as background music (mp3's) for those of you who like to make your own videos. Of course, mine will lean heavily in the direction of magicians.... Smile

I have tested the site and everything is working. I am always open for suggestions.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

https://magicollector.com/
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
581 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Do you also manufacture the props you are listing or are they in public domain?
Ron Cowart
View Profile
New user
Deep South USA
45 Posts

Profile of Ron Cowart
I do not manufacture the props. The instructions I have listed are vintage in nature and not available. As such, I'm trying to provide a needed service and not intentionally or inadvertently infringing upon anybody's rights.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I’m not sure how ethical this is? Should you be making money off of these docs? Are they yours?
Ron Cowart
View Profile
New user
Deep South USA
45 Posts

Profile of Ron Cowart
John, you have absolutely no idea as to the ones I do not post, for that very reason. I am totally comfortable with what I do post. As for you questioning my ethics, please don't be offended when I say, you don't have to visit the site.

Just out of curiosity, is it ethical to list your website (http://www.professionalmagicroutines.com) that redirects to a venue selling NFL gear?
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
581 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Sounds okay to me. Especially if the copyright on these tricks has expired. I think copyright registration is only good for 50 years, which seems like a long time until you realize that would be 1971! LOL Getting old aint for the weak hearted!
Ron Cowart
View Profile
New user
Deep South USA
45 Posts

Profile of Ron Cowart
Pulpscrypt, exactly! Besides, having been involved in magic, since 1972, I have built a rather significant list of those whose effects I have posted on my site, with their approval. The other side of the token is I've not posted some for the same reason.

Your observation is appreciated, thank you.
Ron Cowart
View Profile
New user
Deep South USA
45 Posts

Profile of Ron Cowart
I was fortunate to obtain a significant number of Tenyo instructions. While I have uploaded a dozen or so to the site, I still have at least twenty to go. For those of you who have joined the site (it's free), thank you for your support.
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
Thanks for posting Ron.. I look forward to keeping up with your site as it grows... PS.. I wish everyone had a better grasp of 'Public Domain'.. instead of being quick to criticize ..
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2021, Ron Cowart wrote:
John, you have absolutely no idea as to the ones I do not post, for that very reason. I am totally comfortable with what I do post. As for you questioning my ethics, please don't be offended when I say, you don't have to visit the site.

Just out of curiosity, is it ethical to list your website (http://www.professionalmagicroutines.com) that redirects to a venue selling NFL gear?

Haha
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Downloadable Magic Instructions (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL