The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gerry McCambridge video? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2707 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to find a video of Gerry doing a PK Touch routine on a television show that involved female twins. I remember being mesmerized a couple of years ago and I would love to see it again. But... I can't find it anymore. If I remember correctly it was used in Penguin's advertisment for PK touches by Banacheck. But I can only see a photo now there. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I think it was from his NBC special The Mentalist.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2707 Posts

That's it! Thank you so very much, Bill! Best wishes from Amsterdam.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My pleasure, Unmasked!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Do not think the video was used as a promotion for my penguin lecture, if so I do not remember that, and pretty sure I would have not said to do that without Gerry's Permission. I may have mentioned it in the lecture itself though and also the Criss Angel Shadows version we did.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2707 Posts

Hi Banachek, thanks for chiming in! How are things in Vegas?
I honestly think Gerry’s clip was used in conjuction with your book by Penguin, and for quite some years too. I remember because I had a magic friend show me a P*Tou*#_~ routine at the time, using a Lo*^. I had never seen that before and I was thrilled. He told me what it was called so I immediately started looking for more info on the subject on Penguin. I came across your book and I didn’t know you back then (this was some 15 years ago). So I just saw a picture of the book and underneath it the clip from Gerry’s show. So… I assumed Gerry was you and his routine was in the book 😂. When I received the book I was suprised and initially disappointed, as my expectations were obviously different. It wasn’t until I bought your lecture and saw what you looked like that I understood you were not Gerry and your routine was great. I then went back to the Penguin site to doublecheck and discovered some reviews complaining that the book did not contain Gerry’s routine 😂. Apparently at some point the mistake was discovered. So now all that remains are funny memories…
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
[quote]On Nov 20, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Hi Banachek, thanks for chiming in! How are things in Vegas?
I honestly think Gerry’s clip was used in conjuction with your book by Penguin,

hmm I have never had a large book on PK touches sold by penquin, only a small booklet sold by everyone but that was years ago. I wonder if this was Gerry's book on his life, his Q&A or something else. I know I am often mentioned with his ads and offerings. Again, I had about a 12 page booklet that was sold years ago, not recently. If perchance I was wrong, I had no idea it was shown with the booklet, however, it does give you the method used. All but the sent. Plus that routine is not for sale as is and no one should be doing it.
Banachek
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2707 Posts

It was the small booklet. And it was years ago indeed.
magictechy007
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magictechy007
I saw Gerry McCambridge performance and Banachek. Banachek wins hands down, I don't want to say anything negative about Gerry's performance, but it just didn't resonate with me. But Banachek, wow - a true master of his craft!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Thank you for the kind words. However, different people have different tastes and Gerry does a really fantastic show, polished by years of experience, and stage time.

I would suggest seeing both of our shows. Mine tends to be more pure mentalism his is less so. Some will like his style better, some will like mine better, some will like both. I like to think we both hit the mark for what we are trying to present.

Gerry's show is in a more intimate 199 seat theater in the shopping mall area surrounding planet Planet Hollywood hotel, I am in a 620 seat theater at the Stratosphere. Two very different venues and you have to work the venue. Just like I say about TV vrs stage. I have more access to lights and other theater production items but Gerry sure makes use of his limited production assets. I suspect most will have a great time at either of our shows. While you are at it, go see De Silva and compare us all. He is amazing too. Oh, do not forget the brilliant Colin Cloud in Shim Lin's production.

For other middle-of-the-line shows, Mac King can not be beaten for value and entertainment, a true professional. Mike Hammer will have you rolling with laughter.

Not magic, but indeed probably the most underrated show in Las Vegas is the highly entertaining, topical, and hilarious Carrot Top.

You can thank me later for these suggestions. Smile

Again, thanks for the kind words
Banachek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gerry McCambridge video? (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL