The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why are you here? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2632 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Let me start out by saying I appreciate all of you on the Café. I don't always agree with all of you but I always respect your opinions. I've often asked for tips and advice from a lot of you and I've never been let down by what you have so generously shared with me and continue to share with me. And I hope I am of some help to you when you need my advice.

With that being said I would like to know why are you hear on the Café? I myself sometimes like to come on here and just get people's views on new effects coming out kind of get a general feel for what you think of a certain effect. I also come on here too sometimes just shoot the breeze with you folks. I try to answer the PM's I receive but sometimes especially lately my time has been very scarce due to my business doing very well but taking quite a bit of time. So just out of curiosity I'd like to know why people come on here? I have a feeling it will generally be for the same reason and that is even the most cantankerous of us like to be able to communicate with people who have shared things in common.

In closing I would simply like to say anyone who is reading this post even if you don't answer it I would like for you to know I value all of your opinions on here and I will let you know right now the vast majority of you have given me absolutely very valuable information and have helped me out numerous times with questions that I've had and I'm sure we'll continue to have for that I am very thankful for all of you.

Good magic to all,

Eric
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
These days I'm here mostly as a diversion: spending time with friends as a stress reliever.

I used to be more active in the performing fora, but I'm so busy these days that I've cut back on that considerably. Alas.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I’m in the same boat as S2000. Used to contribute and share a lot, especially in the kidshow section.

But since retiring from performing magic shows, NVMS is the only online place I visit.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Jerry Hornak
View Profile
New user
Northwest Connecticut
76 Posts

Profile of Jerry Hornak
I run through most of the new posts daily to see if there's someone I can help with a comment or if I can answer a question about something I might actually know.
Smile
Making Happy Memories for Children since 1980!
https://JerrysMagic.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I got here for the "All tied up" section. I am an escape artist, or I was before the quarantine. I need to get back to it having gotten my shots. I still come just for the fun of it. The section I liked is all but dead.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9463 Posts

Profile of funsway
Back when there was always a 100 or more folks on the Café' at any moment I used comments and attitudes as an indication of what might work and not work
with today's audiences - or ideas on how I might adapt my created effects and sleights to meet today's needs.

Now it is more "magician helping magician" in any way I can, often by presenting a different view based on my unique experiences.

Either way, since I can't perform much any more, the folks here are my "eyes and ears" to the outside world to some extent. No mask required Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2632 Posts

I remember the days when it seemed like at least a hundred people were on here always at one time in fact it amazed me sometimes I would wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning and there would still be a lot of people on the Café! It does make you wonder what happened to most of the people who used to be out here all the time. My guess might be in the midst of covid-19 we all were yakking it up and now that things are opening back up again I guess a lot of people are out doing other things haha!

Good magic to all,

Eric
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1808 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I suspect that quite a few of us on here are old farts…. And so some of us may be close to slipping into the next world. (I knew at least two ex-regular contributors who departed).
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2948 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"Why are you here?"

This is an enchanted place. Smile
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2632 Posts

Yes it is indeed!

Good magic to all,

Eric
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9463 Posts

Profile of funsway
Enchantment of the green is just the tip of magicberg, to mix some metaphors.

Over the years I have had many long internet discussions (not PM's/posts) with new friends met here --
Tim Feher, Bill Palmer, Lawence O, Pete Biro, MB, Dick Oslund, MagicIan, Mickie Silver, Whit Haden, Aldo Colombini and Al Schneider to name a few.

There are also many performer with questions they do not wish to ask publicly in a post.
I have sent more than 300 free ebooks to magicians who could ask the right questions and tell me something of themselves.

I am the magic, you are the magic, we are the magic.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why are you here? (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL