The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTW by Peter Eggink (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Bet Alex will be a no show now!!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Let’s see how ArtIn gets on with his / hers.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I have a love-hate relationship with this forum.
These are the times when this forum is indeed useful.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2021, alatorre wrote:
Pegasus,
I did not. Would it matter if I did?
I am really not understand the animosity, I'm really trying to be as candid as I can.

I pre-ordered, thanks for answering my questions.

Oh dear. Smile Smile

Was it just me that knew 100 percent that this, or any other machine for that matter, would ever work in the real world.

I fortunately saved my money pegasus. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2021, alatorre wrote:
Pegasus,
I did not. Would it matter if I did?
I am really not understand the animosity, I'm really trying to be as candid as I can.

I pre-ordered, thanks for answering my questions.

Oh dear. Smile Smile

Was it just me that knew 100 percent that this, or any other machine for that matter, would ever work in the real world.

I fortunately saved my money pegasus. Smile

That’s good to hear.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Anyone else parting with their unit please let me know .

Cheers!
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I’m really shocked there is not much more of a buzz about this good or bad. Strange why this thread is so quiet
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
That Murphy's pop up bottom right of this screen may have a little to do with it.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
I’m really shocked there is not much more of a buzz about this good or bad. Strange why this thread is so quiet

I would imagine that few are buying it, given the recent cratering of Peter Eggink's reputation and how skeptical most potential buyers are of this product.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
For 200 Dollar you get a vice that not work in real life! Now after they took the money they didn't answer here on the Café. Unbelievable.I would like to see a live Session with Peter Eggink performing it 3 times in a row make the Gimmick work without a fail. When you look closely in the Demo Video 2 you could see that the window is dirty after testing it a couple of times because it doesn't work corectly. Also in the Explanation Video you could see that he make the card appear on the window only 3 times. A psychological effect is that you could see that he is closing his eyes while the card appear because he didn't know if the card will stuck or only hang behind the window. He is sceptical himself. Again, sorry for my bad Englisch. Where is Mr. Eggink and Mr. Latorre now?????
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Hello all once again,

Sorry for my lack of input. As I mentioned in a previous message, I am currently preparing my final trimester exams, so I have limited time to check out the Café.

I'm sorry if at any moment what I was saying seemed deceptive or fishy. Never my intention. Seeing how the cat is out the bag (method-wise) I'll try to be even more transparent with my thoughts and answers:

- In all my testing and prototyping, I was getting reliable sticking of the card. As I mentioned, I worked on this for about 6 months, so it's surprising to hear that it isn't working mechanically. Could anyone with issues PM so that I can try to give them a helping hand?

- Yes, for windows without blinds or a frame that has space to accommodate the unit, a sticker is needed for cover. I am aware that for some performing environments this will be justified, not so much for others. There isn't much solution for this issue, I would recommend getting a full refund in that case (and I apologise for that).

Finally, as I also mentioned, I haven't seen the final product yet. I know for a fact and have proof that the system works when it comes to the mechanical parts and pieces. Please, if anyone has any doubts or needs help with the product, send me a PM and we can set up a Skype/Zoom call and see what we can do!

I really believe in this project, and in some ways really is my baby. I apologise for any inconvenience or 'fraudulent ' behaviour you might have perceived. It was never our intention to hide anything, even more so knowing how expensive this product is.

Alex Latorre
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Personally Alex I think you have been more than helpful from day one with lots of info. Understandably you couldn’t have exposed the actual workings/gimmicks and thanks for being open and honest now with comments.

I know this is not your fault as you were primarily the gimmick inventor, but there should have been restriction warnings either in the trailer or in the description about things you have to consider for environments when performing. Sadly due to these restrictions I think will be the big deal breaker performing in the real world at different locations and venues where it’s a case of the environment has to be right for the trick. Which like I said in the real world this simply is not practical.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Alex I send you a PM
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Same as the distance and selling regulations law - yet you can’t return it as you know the secret lol. In ethic I agree but legally it’s laughable.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2021, pegasus wrote:
And this is why when it is a complex electronic device that will not be replicated then it is absolute rubbish to use as an excuse ‘I cannot expose the details as it’s a magic trick’. Utter nonsense and this only exists within the magic community.

To be honest a lot of people are used to steal ideas and run with them these days.
I can understand not going all in with details and being protective.

What I don’t get are misleading trailers, poor (not optimized) product designs and setting wrong product goals!
Why not any window + window frame? Nobody expected this to sit on the actual window.
Develop at least for normal working environments or even your own home.
Why not showing a (honest) full frame uncut trailer.
How about a product description which states that a cover will be needed?
You might have a hard time even finding one single window for this.

Nothing learned here.
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
62 Posts

Profile of ostadler
A lot of hostility here.... at least it feels this way. So a heads up to Alex Latorre for standing above this and still showing up and answering all questions - Great!

Anyway: it sounds none the less very interesting, like Windowmation only in pocket format.

If anybody wants to sell his unit please pm me Smile

Also, I wonder if you could combine this CTW with the gimmicked card from John Kennedys CTW.... so you could add some kind of kicker to the original effect (appearing missing corner BEHIND the glass)....

Best regards,
Oliver
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Also, I wonder if you could combine this CTW with the gimmicked card from John Kennedys CTW.... I also thought about this. After playing around with it I now feel better with it. A little tip: Use a plastic playing card for the glueing Action. You can use the card for month or years because you can clean the card. Also the card will not bend after glueing it a few times. If you follow the Instructions from Peter Eggink ( he send me a Video that it realy works a couple of times in a row without a fail) it works every time.
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
62 Posts

Profile of ostadler
Thanks for the tip! I hope to have this effect soon, I am looking forward to it.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Would sticking a coin behind the card make a) the card fall quicker and b) help the card stick to the window better due to the weight? I don't own the prop and just guessing if this could help.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I think we have all give him more than enough chance

But I have come to the conclusion

Peter Eggink = Crap Item best to Avoid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTW by Peter Eggink (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL