The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best trick for noisy atmospheres? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
As many of you know, you cannot always be heard if there is loud rock music playing at the event you were hired.

I've found that Anti-G and torch to rose (if outside) are great attention grabbers.

I'm curious what effects you find are powerful and visual in such environments.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Edit: Which ORGANIC effects are best:

Here's my small list:

* Quarter in bottle
* Anti-G
* Extreme Burn
* Fraud
* Prohibition
* Silhouette
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Are you allowed to use fire?
Chris.k
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Chris.k
You can use loops.
Raven
jared23m
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of jared23m
It might not be your style, but if you're into mentalism you could do a routine that involves no talking and only writing things down. Noise is a perfect excuse to get a spectator to write things down. You just got to prompt them on the paper instead of having it in your script.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
If loud music is playing, or if you otherwise must shout to be heard, then effects dependent upon lots of vocal patter may have to go. Focus instead upon routines which could be successfully performed by a mime. In other words, try a silent approach.

Simple but highly visual effects, especially those which need no running commentary or complicated requests asked of spectators, would seem ideal. What would work in a silent movie, for example?

Three Fly, Sponge Balls, Chop Cup, etc., seem like good examples of things you could perform wordlessly (but with appropiate hand gestures, facial expressions, etc.).
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best trick for noisy atmospheres? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL