The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Moment by Andy Nyman (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2021, tomdeg wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Does that dealing procedure really fool anyone?

YES!
I use this process for SOCKS, and an Xmas card match I do. NEVER had an issue.
(I also have an alternate version I use at times.)

Are you referring to the trick by Michel Huot? Or something else? I've always enjoyed this mixing procedure here, and I'm not sure if I really have any effects that use it.

YES, I use this same procedure for his SOCKS trick.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I ordered this today and was able to watch the tutorial video. The teaching is absolutely superb and everything is covered very very well. For the type of effect this is I would definitely highly recommend it. I will now patiently await the arrival of the cards.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Josh Burch
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Just a thought shame Alakazam not selling it as post and time sent from the US, mmm?.

Penguin offers free shipping worldwide on all orders. When it is available at other locations Propdog sells a good portion of Penguin's line of products if you would rather purchase it from a dealer in the UK.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I forgot to mention but the second act in this which is called the circus in your hand is absolutely wonderful! It's nice when you purchase something that actually turns out to be more than meets the eye. This is one of those effects.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I must echo what Gumbini says, bought yesterday, and watched tutorial today. The usual stellar Andy Nyman teaching. Great bonus effect too, which naturally ties into the rest of the routine. Needs a bit of memorization but nothing unreasonable.
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
Can’t wait to get these cards, looks like an engaging routine. I’ve also posted on the penguin page how you can do the second routine with absolutely no memory work Smile
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I bought this namely to perform in casual situations because the effect is quite charming. I've used the 'switch' before and can attest that spectators won't have a clue. So, I know this will play well and fool laypersons. There's a lot to like about 'The Moment' because the unique cards will lend themselves to offering an interesting storyline.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I agree with all the comments on here about this charming effect. I have to admit I am very curious how this can be done without any memory work. Pixelated may have come up with a very unique handling of this!

Good magic to all,

Eric
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Where on penguin do we find the handling?
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2021, aheller5 wrote:
Where on penguin do we find the handling?

After your order is processed, it'll be in the "My Downloads" of your account. Or if your logged in, click on "MyPenguinMagic" in the banner at the top of any page.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have just put in my order. Both effects Andy has come up with are strong, entertaining and with the cards having a certain charm. Also, importantly, the cards can be used in yet other ways making the whole package an excellent buy.

Neil
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Neil I absolutely agree my friend! I've already started practicing both Shuffles and I still get amazed that this works all the time. Yes when you slow it down you could understand the workings of it but my gosh when you do it quick you almost wonder if you're doing it right haha. Funny thing is I almost passed on this because I understood the shuffle was in play but I'm very glad I did not pass on it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2021, Josh Burch wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Just a thought shame Alakazam not selling it as post and time sent from the US, mmm?.

Penguin offers free shipping worldwide on all orders. When it is available at other locations Propdog sells a good portion of Penguin's line of products if you would rather purchase it from a dealer in the UK.

Thank you Josh, will get if off Penguin ,got it down for a xmas treat to self.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

One final point. Placing the full magic and entertainment value of a circus into the palm of a Spectators hand is something I believe should not be overlooked lightly. To me this has so much charm and possibility and it is a very magical moment when the spectators imagination is put into play. This may be the strongest part of this whole effect. In my opinion it is well worth the time and effort that will be required to pull this off flawlessly. Overall this is a very nice card effect yet it's different from other card effects.

Good magic to all,

Eric
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
One final point. Placing the full magic and entertainment value of a circus into the palm of a Spectators hand is something I believe should not be overlooked lightly. To me this has so much charm and possibility and it is a very magical moment when the spectators imagination is put into play. This may be the strongest part of this whole effect. In my opinion it is well worth the time and effort that will be required to pull this off flawlessly. Overall this is a very nice card effect yet it's different from other card effects.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Now it is my turn to agree with you Eric. This second effect is a truly magical and special moment which happens in the spectator's mind and hands.

Neil
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Neil it is always wonderful when such nice people agree with you! I know the both of us will have lots of fun with this and I believe we are not alone haha.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Received this today and was able to perform it for my wife since I had been rehearsing with other cards. My wife absolutely loves this effect and especially the circus in her hand is the one that is her absolute favorite! This went over even better than I thought it would. To say I am happy with this purchase would be an understatement! I do not believe I will crumple up the magician card however I will continue to shuffle & overhand Shuffle to break them in and make them look a little older. What a wonderful Charming routine!

Good magic to all,

Eric
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes, got this yesterday, just love it. Even the packaging is a notch above.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I've been looking over the cards and in my head trying to come up with different ideas. If there is a weakness in this effect I believe it is with the prediction on the magician card. I believe most people especially magicians would assume there is a prediction for the red deck and there is a prediction for the Blue Deck and of course they would be right. The idea that I am toying with is to reverse the prediction cards in other words the red magician card on the back would say "I knew you would choose the blue deck" and on the blue magician card on the back it would say "I knew you would choose the red deck". Now when performing this I would say there used to be two magician cards however I lost one throughout the years. And then I would simply say how every time I perform this it seems the magician card that I have is always correct. I will give this some more thought but I believe this is how I will be marking My Magician cards. I think it helps to eliminate the idea that you have a magician card for each color deck. Anyway just an idea but I sure am loving this effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
I've been looking over the cards and in my head trying to come up with different ideas. If there is a weakness in this effect I believe it is with the prediction on the magician card. I believe most people especially magicians would assume there is a prediction for the red deck and there is a prediction for the Blue Deck and of course they would be right. The idea that I am toying with is to reverse the prediction cards in other words the red magician card on the back would say "I knew you would choose the blue deck" and on the blue magician card on the back it would say "I knew you would choose the red deck". Now when performing this I would say there used to be two magician cards however I lost one throughout the years. And then I would simply say how every time I perform this it seems the magician card that I have is always correct. I will give this some more thought but I believe this is how I will be marking My Magician cards. I think it helps to eliminate the idea that you have a magician card for each color deck. Anyway just an idea but I sure am loving this effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric

I haven't got the effect but Andy did send me the performance a while ago. Why not have one prediction on the Blue magician and the other on the back of the red card pocket (if they are included).

Regards

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Moment by Andy Nyman (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL