The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eclipse by Dee Christopher and The 1914 (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Eclipse is a brand new ESP card kit from Killer Magic's Dee Christopher, in collaboration with The 1914. Eclipse is a marked deck of 25 ESP cards that are so bold and easy to see, that you can identify a card from the opposite side of the room!

No need to squint, these marks are bold to you but not known by the spectator. Spectators can inspect and handle the cards, but they won't be able to identify the marks. These cards are also printed on plastic stock. No more degradation, no more grubby hands ruining cards, and no more buying a new pack for every gig!

Each deck will come with an in-depth tutorial video by Dee Christopher himself, who will teach you how to decode the markings and 6 hard-hitting routines.

Eclipse by Dee Christopher and The 1914
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I ordered this right away, as it's 1914 and I like pretty much everything they release. I hope the markings are as visible as they say
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Hey, here to answer any questions!

Here’s the trailer to watch on my Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/643578695/4317f3f074 (I couldn’t find the code to embed on forum posts, if anyone else knows, that would be a big help!)

@dooblehorn; Thanks! They’re super easy to read with a split second glance, close up and far away. I’ve been using these for years, but we bought a bunch of decks to Andy & Preston Nyman’s London Magic Convention a couple of weeks ago to demo and teach a few people how to read them; the people that tried it had no problem at all reading the marks from a good 12’ away, and due to the way the marks work, a glasses wearing individual was even able to read them without his glasses! Doing it from a super long distance takes a little practice, but you can gradually get further and further away as you get used to the feel of it.

So, you don’t have to worry at all about the read; once you learn the super simple system, you’ll immediately know which card is which.

I should note, alongside the deck (which is made from the best plastic stock I was able to find, so will basically last forever, has a nice matte finish to kill reflections and can still still be shuffled and handled like normal playing cards), there’s also a 2.5hr masterclass including a five routine act (each routine can of course be done individually too,
I just show you how to set up and run it as a full act like I did when we shot the performances as it’s useful to have that option) and then there are a couple of bonus routines from Lé Val too, who joins me on the video. The tutorial feels a bit like the Shadow Wallet tutorial, full of added tips and tricks and a conversational style, but we’ve separated out each section into a course format, like with Craig’s Visible/Alex’s TAO Stagecraft.

Hope that helps, but I’ll be popping my head in here in case questions or queries arise!

DC.
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Hey DC,

I know this is somewhat specific, but how is the opacity of the cards? In other words, if you take one and hold it up to a light coming from the ceiling, can you see through it? Thanks!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Hey Luke, They are pretty much fully opaque; much more so than playing cards. Luckily it’s extremely sunny in the UK for once, as most of the lights in my house are not all too bright! But you’ll never have trouble with the cards being see through in ‘real life’ - Perhaps if you put it in front of a 1000W bulb you’ll see a faint shadow, but that’s about it!

https://ibb.co/YR6z8tM
https://ibb.co/CMFLhFT

Hope that helps!

DC.
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Hey, here to answer any questions!

Here’s the trailer to watch on my Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/643578695/4317f3f074 (I couldn’t find the code to embed on forum posts, if anyone else knows, that would be a big help!)

@dooblehorn; Thanks! They’re super easy to read with a split second glance, close up and far away. I’ve been using these for years, but we bought a bunch of decks to Andy & Preston Nyman’s London Magic Convention a couple of weeks ago to demo and teach a few people how to read them; the people that tried it had no problem at all reading the marks from a good 12’ away, and due to the way the marks work, a glasses wearing individual was even able to read them without his glasses! Doing it from a super long distance takes a little practice, but you can gradually get further and further away as you get used to the feel of it.

So, you don’t have to worry at all about the read; once you learn the super simple system, you’ll immediately know which card is which.

I should note, alongside the deck (which is made from the best plastic stock I was able to find, so will basically last forever, has a nice matte finish to kill reflections and can still still be shuffled and handled like normal playing cards), there’s also a 2.5hr masterclass including a five routine act (each routine can of course be done individually too,
I just show you how to set up and run it as a full act like I did when we shot the performances as it’s useful to have that option) and then there are a couple of bonus routines from Lé Val too, who joins me on the video. The tutorial feels a bit like the Shadow Wallet tutorial, full of added tips and tricks and a conversational style, but we’ve separated out each section into a course format, like with Craig’s Visible/Alex’s TAO Stagecraft.

Hope that helps, but I’ll be popping my head in here in case questions or queries arise!

DC.

Thanks Dee for the fast response! Really excited to receive these.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Hey Luke, They are pretty much fully opaque; much more so than playing cards. Luckily it’s extremely sunny in the UK for once, as most of the lights in my house are not all too bright! But you’ll never have trouble with the cards being see through in ‘real life’ - Perhaps if you put it in front of a 1000W bulb you’ll see a faint shadow, but that’s about it!
DC.

Thank you DC!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Looks great. Waiting on reviews once released.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I will most definitely be picking up a set to evaluate. If they are as visible as the claims made, I will be ordering several.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2021, Luke Master wrote:
Hey DC,

I know this is somewhat specific, but how is the opacity of the cards? In other words, if you take one and hold it up to a light coming from the ceiling, can you see through it? Thanks!

When the cards were held up from a distance I assumed Dee could see through the cards. Lol. Very impressive.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2021, Luke Master wrote:
Hey DC,

When the cards were held up from a distance I assumed Dee could see through the cards. Lol. Very impressive.

If only I’d have thought of that - it would’ve made the read even easier! 😂

Regards the visibility of the marks though; it’s super easy to clock it in a split second, but I’d get it down close up before trying to do it at a distance. We talk about the how and the why on the video, but the way I learnt to do it from that kind of ridiculous distance was just gradually getting further and further away to get used to the feel of it. It’s not hard though at all; as long as you can roughly see the black and white of the back design, you’re good to go!

DC.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Anyone know which one is more easy to read the marking system between Eclipse and Hyper Esp by Tenyo ? Hyper ESP is also a marking system which you can see from a distance.
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Ordered! Thanks Dee for the great products and support. There is something about ESP cards (over normal playing cards) which gives effect an 'edge'.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I suppose there is more of a tendency for specs to believe that a marking system is in play for ESP cards so being able to deliver your prediction(s) from a distance helps to alleviate that belief.
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
I always finish my esp routine with a key card / stack effect for the last phase just to ‘prove’ there aren’t any markings Smile
chosen1
View Profile
Regular user
lots of places
123 Posts

Profile of chosen1
I have a quick question about color. So I only use 10 cards in my routine, 2 of each set. And I really like the aesthetic of the backs of the two sets being different colors. Is there any thought or chance of, in the future, this deck coming in another color as well? Either the lines are a different color or even cooler a reverse image of the current back design.

Just curious.

Have an incredible day and thank you so much for putting so much thought and energy into each of your releases!

Best,
Brandon
We should all be in a constant state of wonder
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
In the trailer with Roo the cards seemed a bit thin.
Is that true?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

@chosen1 - We don’t currently have any plans for other colours, but we haven’t ruled it out; Perhaps a gaff pack in the future would be a nice idea, then we could supply a bunch of other things for various routines too. I’ll bring up the idea with the team this week.

@ArtIn - It’s likely just that the iPhone footage isn’t great; the cards are around the same thickness as regular playing cards (maybe a few microns thicker, but handle the same as a normal deck), they are made from opaque matte plastic so they last much longer than a cardboard deck would.

@Indo - I’ve asked around a few friends who know the system at work in eclipse, but none of them have seen that Tenyo set! Smile What I can tell you though, is that the system is very very easy. I can’t say which are easier, but ease can be quite subjective. If you have a magic shop near by, it’s worth nipping in to take a look at Eclipse from Monday when it officially hits the shelves. (Some places may already have them in.)

@Pegasus & Pixelated - Definitely helps when you can read from a distance, and mixing methods is always a wise move. In the tutorials that come with Eclipse, a few methods are used as well as the marks; some special envelopes, switches and stuff like that. There’s nothing technically difficult though, just simple and logical added methods to bury the marks a little deeper and allow for some really clean looking moments!

I’m about to head into the office to begin packing the U.K. & European orders (USA & ROW ship from our USA fulfilment centre), so we’re on track to ship out all the preorders on Monday still - I’m looking forward for everyone to get these in their hands; after seeing the response from people who saw them in action at London Magic Convention a couple of weeks ago, I think these could become a staple in many performers’ acts!

DC.
chosen1
View Profile
Regular user
lots of places
123 Posts

Profile of chosen1
Hello Dee,

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply. That would be awesome if y’all did that! Just having a bunch of gaffs in general would be open up so many doors and I think a reverse image would look so great!

Whatever you do I’m sure it will be done to the highest degree. I have shadow wallet, prohibition monte, iris, and visible and have been nothing but super impressed. 1914 has really burst onto the scene in an incredible way. Can’t wait to see what you guys do next!

Please keep me posted on any future eclipse plans.

Have an amazing day!

Best,
Brandon
We should all be in a constant state of wonder
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
It’s November 29, when will the tutorial be released on your web site? It’s being shipped to me, but tutorial in library not loaded.

Thank you

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eclipse by Dee Christopher and The 1914 (87 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL