The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Playstation ESP Deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I recently saw a Playstation commercial and noticed the Action Buttons of the controller. See the attached image - it's pretty much a variation of four of the five ESP symbols.

Obviously, the star is missing, the traditional ESP + is turned 45 degrees to represent an X, and instead of the wavy lines, there's the triangle.

I like these shapes and wondered if anyone has come across an ESP deck design that uses the triangle, and X. I know Alexander Marsh's deck uses the triangle, but I haven't seen anyone use an X instead of a +.

Also, curious to find out more about the Playstation symbols, I came across this info...

"Using the simple geometric shapes of a green triangle, a red circle, a blue cross, and a pink square to label its action buttons rather than traditionally used letters or numbers, the PlayStation controller established a trademark which would be incorporated heavily into the PlayStation brand. In an interview with Teiyu Goto, designer of the original PlayStation controller, he explained what the symbols mean: the circle and cross represent "yes" and "no", the triangle symbolizes a point of view and the square is equated to a sheet of paper used to access menus."

What's interesting is that the purpose of these shapes could infer a personality type if you were to do a reading with these symbols...

The circle represents "yes": someone who is eager to take on new projects.

The X represents "no": someone who is a bit more cautious and hesitant to act.

The triangle represents a change in "point of view": someone who wants to look at a situation from different angles and collect more information before moving forward.

The square represents a sheet of paper for notes; someone who is logical, meticulous, tends to write out a plan before taking action.

Anyway - found this interesting and would love to know if anyone has seen a deck utilizing these symbols.

Thanks!

Bill

Click here to view attached image.
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
There is in fact a Playstation deck and I have used it once. I did not use it in the context of a reading, but I think it could be easily done. The decks are readily available and come in a pretty fun container https://www.gamestop.com/toys-games/card......&bt=true
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Wow, very cool! I see that it represents a standard deck, using the 4 Playstation symbols as the four suits - interesting. Will definitely have to pick up a few decks. Thanks for sharing that Rhewin!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Playstation ESP Deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL