The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unboattled - By Rubén Hernando (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
raul lopez
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of raul lopez
Hi Ruben, can I give the boat to the spectator, as a present?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5983 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes you can, Ruben stated this on his post in the 1st page of the thread:

"
Give away to the spectator a souvenir that previously was drawn on a paper."
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1034 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, rubenhernando wrote:
Hi all!

I'm Rubén Hernando and I'm happy to announce my first magic trick that will be available pretty soon.

This is Unboattled, a magic trick that you can carry in your pocket or wallet. Ready to amaze people minds.

But, what is Unboattled about?

A paper boat trapped inside a drawing of a bottle is released and materialized in the spectator's hand.
This is all thanks to the power of imagination.

Unboattled is a perfect piece for close up magic.

It's easy to do
It's easy to reset
It's ready to perform once it’s outside the package.

Let your imagination float!

Here you have the video performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQS3jBZlLY

Have a nice day!

Rubén

Ruben!
This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy crap!
So simple but cool!

I am retired from the Army now, but this would have been freaking amazing for me to have when I was deployed and in various places around the world! Much of magic doesn't go over too well (cards, balls etc.), but this!!!! would be perfect!

I just ordered it though and will show the family for Christmas.

But today would have been perfect for the Army-Navy game!!!! I could have produced the "Navy" ship, then have one of my Army Soldiers destroy it (maybe flash paper!!!) LOL!!!!
I will do that next year

Anyway
Congrats on such a unique, simple yet cool effect!
I really enjoy effects like these where we use simple methods that allow us to have fun!

Great job my friend!

Stay Awesome!

Mike
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Wow Mike. I am so happy to read that you liked it so much. And what an amazing thing you have been in the navy.

Yes, definitely Unboattled is simple in method and appearance but impacts very strongly. You have to see people faces when the folded paper falls into their hands.

It is a magical moment that they always remember. Then, when you show the empty bottle is an amazing wow moment as well.

Thanks for your kind words.

Ruben.
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2021, raul lopez wrote:
Hi Ruben, can I give the boat to the spectator, as a present?

Hi Raul, yes. No problem with that.
Although is not necessary, I truly recommend to give away the boat to the spectator. That is a very memorable moment.

Cheers!
Vanessacg
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Vanessacg
Hey, I'm just ordered my Unboattled!

This should be very fun to do in a Kid's show!!

I really like the materials, not looking like "magician stuff".

I hope it arrives soon.

Nice idea Ruben!

Bye!

V
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Cool Vanessa. Yes, kids love Unboattled and the moment when the boat falls down their hands is so cool.
About the materials, all have been made with Kraft paper to have a handmade look.

Thanks for the support!
Vanessacg
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Vanessacg
Wow, I've just received Unboattled. This time the shipment has been so fast!

I'll post my review in a few days, I want to practice a bit, but it seems quite easy to do! How cool!

In the package, you'll find some instructions for creating some refills, so easy btw, although you have 2 in the package I think it would be good to create some more.

Everything seems to be hand-drawn and this is what I really like. It is something I'll carry in my pocket these days.

Well, let's gonna have some fun!

V
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2021, Vanessacg wrote:

Everything seems to be hand-drawn and this is what I really like. It is something I'll carry in my pocket these days.

V

Yes, the main idea was to create some props not suspicious with hand-crafted details.

I hope you enjoy Unboattled.

Thanks for the support!

Ruben
Vanessacg
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Vanessacg
Hi! I've been playing around with Unboattled these days and this is my review:

What do you receive?

Inside the package, you have a small paper kraft envelope that contains the gimmicked drawing of the boat and bottle. Also, a paper boat is precharged inside the draw, so it is ready to perform.

An extra paper boat is provided, so you can do the magic trick twice (just if you want to give the boat as a present)

Very detailed instructions to make an origami boat is provided as well. In less than 5 minutes you can have a bunch of boats ready to use. So don't worry about the refills. They are really cheap and easy to do.

Is it difficult to perform?

Not at all. It takes just a few minutes to get used to the movements to be more natural. I suggest doing it in front of a mirror to see how your spectator will see the effect.

Can the spectator inspect the drawing?

The spectator can not hold the paper but it is really not necessary because the patter does not require that.

Ruben talks about (in the video instructions) how the imagination can do incredible things and only with the spectators mind the paper boat can be folded to become a tiny piece of paper.

The moment when the paper is released from the bottle is so cool because the white paper contrasts a lot with the brown kraft color of the drawing.

Personal thoughts?

I only have performed two or three times but I really like it because it is something you can do in multiple situations and for different audiences.

I did it a couple of times for family and friends and I will keep it in my wallet for next weeks for sure.

If you want something different get yours!

Cheers.

V
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Thanks for your review Vanessa!

I appreciate it!
peterwatch
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of peterwatch
I love it. Nice job, Ruben.
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2022, peterwatch wrote:
I love it. Nice job, Ruben.

Thanks, Peter! I'm glad you like it!

Have a nice day!
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Hi everyone!
Only 10 units left until Unboattled will be sold out.
Hurry up and get yours before will be too late.

Thanks for your support!

Let your imagination float!

Cheers.

Ruben
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Guys, I just push up a bit this post just to announce they are only 5 units available of Unboattled.
I remind you the link:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/16603

Thanks for all and have a nice day!

Ruben
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
As the old saying goes : Packs Small, Plays Big.

Of course it isn't stage or parlour perhaps but one on one it is dynamite especially with kids.
And all kids love getting a souvenir that cost almost nothing except 5 minutes of craftwork.
But knowing kids, be prepared to have a lot of the little souvenirs as each one will want to participate.

What a terrific idea Ruben. Thank you for putting it out there.
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2022, SteveFromSpokane wrote:
As the old saying goes : Packs Small, Plays Big.

Of course it isn't stage or parlour perhaps but one on one it is dynamite especially with kids.
And all kids love getting a souvenir that cost almost nothing except 5 minutes of craftwork.
But knowing kids, be prepared to have a lot of the little souvenirs as each one will want to participate.

What a terrific idea Ruben. Thank you for putting it out there.

Thank you Steve! I'm happy to read this review and see that you are enjoying Unboattled.

Have a nice day!

Ruben
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
944 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Please tell me this will be available again.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
29 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2022, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Please tell me this will be available again.

Hi Barry. At the moment I don't know when will be available again.
It depends on the demand, so let me know how many people on this forum would be interested on and maybe I can send more units to Penguin Magic.

Thanks for your interest!

Ruben
tgmagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of tgmagic
Ruben, this effect looks charming and brilliant. When will it be available again? I'm sure it will sellout if you make it available. I registered on Magic Café for the sole purpose of letting you know that we hope this is back in stock soon!

Thanks,
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unboattled - By Rubén Hernando (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL