We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » IT Carrying (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardC
View Profile
Regular user
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
158 Posts

Profile of CardC
I was wondering how all of you store it. also if anyone has a good idea how to store on your person and then set it up really quick. like if your doing walk around? thanks
be happy
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi,

Do a search. There are lots of threads on this subject.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Depends on what method of IT you are using. I use the John LeClair method, so I wear one, and keep backups in my wallet on playing cards!
:goodluck:
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
I keep it in the package at home, and wrapped around a dollar bill in my pocket.
alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa/Barcelona
247 Posts

Profile of alekei
You can use it around your belt. with wax in both ends, you can put it very extended, carefully around your belt. When you know you will use it, pull one end, put it where-you-know, and the other end, where-you-know.

Bye!
Vincz
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Vincz
I wrap around in a quarter of a card
RBerteig
View Profile
Regular user
Monrovia, California
146 Posts

Profile of RBerteig
I'm too lazy to learn to use "real" IT, so I keep mine in my super-micro ITR. Incidentally, I added a flap of lining material to my usual performance vest and mount the ITR behind it rather than the usual shirt-based locations. Works like a charm.
Ross Berteig
Wizards in my Parlor
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
He he he - lots of threads on this subject

To ad to what Mark Martinez posted, if you are carrying set ups wrapped around a playing card (I use a hole punch to make semi-circles on opposite edges)
try wrapping it in wax paper too, keeps it from sticking
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
After you finish up your dental floss, take the floss box apart and wrap it around the core, put it back together and you can reel it out as you need. Use the lid to "lock" the thread, that way, the box can be one of your anchor points.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
A friend of mine named Bill Bowen developed this floss box idea around 1988-89, and marketed a very small quantity of them under the name "Stealth T***** Dispenser". He also replaced the plastic core with a brass piece that spun more smoothly. His other main contribution was a supply of putty (like Blu-tak) in the lid (for those hollowed out lids, like Oral B). The end of the IT was worked into a small bit of the putty and secured where the floss-cutting blade had originally been. He was able to strip single strands up to about 60+ feet (remarkable). For the original IT, his device was the best I have ever used.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
What about using an old beeper case shell with the working of the floss core. EVERYONE WEARS A BEEPER IN TODAY'S WORLD. No one would notice.
Jerry Smile
Josh Allens
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
188 Posts

Profile of Josh Allens
That would be pretty cool. I just wrap my it around a card I have in my wallet.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
You can get some awesmoe idea from Ammar's Easy to Master Thread Miracles for hook-ups. How about taping one end to the plastic part on your shoe lace and the other in your mouth or hand....or maybe attached to your clothes somehow.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I also keep prepped hook ups wrapped around a playing card. If you are using it there are many hook ups. If not using an ITR I usually use a button or my belt.
Daniel Faith
bjiamin
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bjiamin
Ammar's EMTM-Vol3 has some really ideas to transporting, do check it out ... I keep my IT around a card or a straw
masterofdeception
View Profile
New user
Canada
11 Posts

Profile of masterofdeception
I stick one end into my ear (so the wax blends in with my ear wax Smile) and the other end on my shirt button (one of the bottom ones)
whizzomagic
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Ky
109 Posts

Profile of whizzomagic
I am set up at all times. I set up before I leave home in the morning and have my IT anchored to my glasses with a tiny piece of bee's wax that I keep attatched to a button on my shirt. I keep extras around a torn playing card in my wallet.
music
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of music
I hace a itr that is concealed inside a beeper case. I believe I bought it at Daytona Magic about 8 years ago.
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
Well I normally use the leclair hook up, and with this you can pretty much wear it wherever you go with out it getting in the way

I also carry a spare leclair animator in my pocket wraped around a card

but for the Fearson hook up I'm still yet to find a good way of keeping it on me.
Aaron Farrugia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » IT Carrying (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL