The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Trojan deck - Joshua Jay (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
198 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Saw this at his lecture last night. It was the end of the show and being tired I wasn't trying to spot any moves. Just enjoying the magic, and I gotta say it definitely got a wow out of me at the end.
without exposing too much, the way he structures the routine is great because of the timing misdirection with the selected card. There are other options to perform the same effect but If you have any of his other gimmicked card stuff you know they are quality. For 75$ I don't know, but it just depends on how you use it. If you can tell a really really heart gripping story and create the right atmosphere I think this can be very strong.

In response to the Italy lectures. Stuff happens, Josh seems to be a great guy. So unfortunate if true but I'm sure he had a proper reason. He has a lot of tour dates coming up soon and last night it appeared that he sold out of all of his material minus a few single decks and gimmicked cards. So we will see if he cancels the rest of his tour.

Cheers!
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, sillymagician wrote:
I've been doing reviews of magic that I buy. I feel it gives me the right to be honest and not hold back if I see deficits. Here is my review of The Trojan Deck:

Thank you for the review.

Kinda surprised by some of the comments about Josh. He is a great magician, and has personally provided extensive help with several effects that I purchased. They're not all winners, but he's contributed much more to the magic community than many have. Just my two cents.

D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Trojan deck - Joshua Jay (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL