The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Switch-A-Two by Mark Mason (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2021, chrisgali wrote:
Can I do it in my backpocket?

Extremely intrigued with this routine
why the back pocket?? The idea is to look like you just place the cards in plan sight snd you really switched them.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Exactly… that’s why I’m really intrigued.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2021, chrisgali wrote:
Can I do it in my backpocket?

Tell me more. Smile
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
I just don’t wear a jacket!
So I could place it in my backpocket halfway in view! Turn around do whatever Trick turn around again so the cards are still there and then do the switch!
Sorry for my English 🙈
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I don’t think this makes much sense when putting it in the backpocket. Seems very strange to put it in a pocket and then turning around so that it’s in view.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Watching this thread carefully...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree about the back pocket, makes no sense.
I have an electronic version as well that I bought at Blackpool along with a smoke device. It switches cards beautifully but unfortunately it’s a bit too noisy for me.
I didn’t notice the noise as much at a packed Blackpool but I got it as a deal with the smoke device.
It’s slim and discreet and it even shows how to wear it on your wrist and switch poker hands etc in card games.
So the technology is certainly there Gaz 😊
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I asked Mark Mason about the thickness. His response:

'Yes thinner and now a wedge shape tapers down to almost nothing at the bottom. No bar now it's a very thin blade. All this helped reduce the thickness. Several other design features as well. But definitely thinner'

May be helpful to some... ;-)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, leipzisch wrote:
I asked Mark Mason about the thickness. His response:

'Yes thinner and now a wedge shape tapers down to almost nothing at the bottom. No bar now it's a very thin blade. All this helped reduce the thickness. Several other design features as well. But definitely thinner'

May be helpful to some... ;-)

.5 of a mm can be construed as a slimmer design. How about actual dimensions? Can’t be that difficult can it?
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of bosami
I love the original, minus the bulky design and the method of attaching it to the jacket. The operation of the device itself was flawless and diabolical. But you risked exposure while seated if there were others standing. Curious about this and echo the need for exact dimensions.
...forever curious
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Mark is on holiday so couldn't give exact dimensions just yet.
fybd88
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fybd88
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I have an electronic version as well that I bought at Blackpool along with a smoke device. It switches cards beautifully but unfortunately it’s a bit too noisy for me.
I didn’t notice the noise as much at a packed Blackpool but I got it as a deal with the smoke device.
It’s slim and discreet and it even shows how to wear it on your wrist and switch poker hands etc in card games.

Does the original Switchroo make noise switching cards?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, fybd88 wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

Does the original Switchroo make noise switching cards?

No I have two and they are pretty much silent. A brilliant concept
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with Rowland the original is pretty much silent and still works great Gaz 😊
Ps there are loads of good ways to set it up in your breast pocket if you don’t want to use a safety pin
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I’m sure in the original you did the switch when you first put the cards in the pocket when the heat was totally off so it was never an issue.
Always been a sought after little gem that not many people have so I can see there being a market for it.
I will really have to find out the core differences to be convinced.

Love the principle and the premise though Gaz 😊

Did the original do the switch at the initial insertion of card/envelope/billet?

If so, and if this operates the same way, I'd be very interested in buying it.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2021, leipzisch wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I’m sure in the original you did the switch when you first put the cards in the pocket when the heat was totally off so it was never an issue.
Always been a sought after little gem that not many people have so I can see there being a market for it.
I will really have to find out the core differences to be convinced.

Love the principle and the premise though Gaz 😊

Did the original do the switch at the initial insertion of card/envelope/billet?

If so, and if this operates the same way, I'd be very interested in buying it.

It is under your control, it depends on how deep you put the cards inside your pocket, if you put the the cards lightly nothing will happen, press them deeper the change will execute.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
This new version, it literally looks like nothing is pressed down as in inserted but simply the hand seems to just cover. I was thinking remote control activating the change but don’t think it’s that techy. The switch may be the sane method as the old and if that’s the case the demo performers are executed perfectly
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
It is under your control, it depends on how deep you put the cards inside your pocket, if you put the the cards lightly nothing will happen, press them deeper the change will execute. [/quote]

Thank you for that clarification. Even better!

Re how the switch happens, Mark talks about replacing the 'bar' with a thin 'blade'. Can anyone shed light on what he might mean?
jordi_narpati
View Profile
New user
Indonesia
29 Posts

Profile of jordi_narpati
Kinda curious does this use any electronics by any chance? if its not I am very interested!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
If it’s somewhat like the 1st one than no electronics.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Switch-A-Two by Mark Mason (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL