The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Iphone IOS Transparent Widgets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27219 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just a happy discovery. Smile https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transparen......33516754
When you add one to a stack - the stack is invisible till you scroll it. Smile Or in reverse to make it go away leaving the empty wallpaper space.

And the animated effect when the outline of the placeholder gets narrower and narrower and gone... hmmmm

What do you think?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1809 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I didn't click on the link, Jonathan, but the indecipherable nature of your post (for me) makes me happy I'm "unplugged."
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27219 Posts

If you have an iPhone - notice how it arranges icons and widgets on the desktop. The item at the Apple store helps you put invisible spacers on the iPhone desktop so stuff can stay where you place it... and has a "special effect" built in which folks here might find useful.

Just to arrange that screen the way you want it... and iPhones can have desktops across a few pages. That's useful. If you're on facebook - I posted a few pics of the desktop.

As magic method it's similar to "black art". Look at the pictures provided at the Apple site link. The "smart stack" widget and the photo app widget seemed like an easy win for folks who carry an iPhone. The action to scroll a stack ... again think about black art applied to closeup magic. Smile
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1809 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks for your very clear explanation, Jonathan. But again, I’m unplugged, meaning no cell phone, iPad, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media apps. My only phone is a landline. And my “techno” world is limited to a Mac computer for writing & recording music, and an HP computer for Word documents and email. (And for me, that’s a very contented world).
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27219 Posts

It's nice to put icons where you want them on the computer screen.

Any thoughts on what folks were thinking back in 1976 when Frampton's "I'll Give You Money" was played in some places and the first segment of "Station to Station" in others. Amusement? Smile
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1809 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Haha! Even though I had previously played in rock bands, in 1976 I was a student at Berklee College of Music, immersed in learning about orchestration, film scoring, and jazz composition & arranging.

Saw Peter Frampton once on The Midnight Special on my little black & white TV, and wasn’t too impressed. I remember thinking, “Just another pretty boy.”

It wasn’t until 1980 that I joined Frampton’s band as a rock ‘n’ roll mercenary: “You pay, I play.”
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1809 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
To be fair, that time when I saw Peter on TV, he played Baby I Love Your Way on acoustic guitar ...
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Iphone IOS Transparent Widgets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL