The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ A. B. See by Spidey (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4612 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2021, BSpideyA wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Well after watching the 3 vidioes ,seems to be a stack of sorts and 3 cards before, after the picked one, think the Memory thing on this is gonna blow it for me ?,wondering if I will get this by Christmas pre order from Alakazam ?.

Itís not a memorized deck per se. Thereís something I canít reveal openly that makes it much much much easier. Did you watch the trailer? A layman had this down in 10 minutes, literally. This is exactly why we didnít put the full performance in the trailer. We knew people would immediately assume itís a complicated memory thing. It really isnít. It does involve SOME memory but anyone Iíve shown it to had it down in less than 15 minutes.

Excellent BSpidey thank you for clearing the Memory thing up
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Spidey .there seems to be an issue with the sound on the tutorial from Murphyís Magic when you start from the introduction you have sound, but if you try to advance to another chapter you lose sound, I have tried this on different devices with the same problem so I would think itís a problem on Murphyís end. This is a great magic utility, thank you for your inspiration and teaching.

Joe
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2021, Joemv wrote:
Spidey .there seems to be an issue with the sound on the tutorial from Murphyís Magic when you start from the introduction you have sound, but if you try to advance to another chapter you lose sound, I have tried this on different devices with the same problem so I would think itís a problem on Murphyís end. This is a great magic utility, thank you for your inspiration and teaching.

Joe

Joe! Thanks so much for letting me know! Let me
Get in touch with them right away! Glad you like it, feel free to answer questions and help others on here figure out if this is for them 😊
Oscar999
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I don't get all this discussion about whether there's memory or no memory... the suggestion being that the offering is somehow less than desirable if it "might" require just a little bit of effort to perform.

We're magicians. Not everything is plug and play. Some things are worth putting in the effort...

I think the lesson here is that if you create something that requires a bit of brainpower to pull off, you'll be the one lone original magician performing it.

~Oscar
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4612 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2021, Oscar999 wrote:
I don't get all this discussion about whether there's memory or no memory... the suggestion being that the offering is somehow less than desirable if it "might" require just a little bit of effort to perform.

We're magicians. Not everything is plug and play. Some things are worth putting in the effort...

I think the lesson here is that if you create something that requires a bit of brainpower to pull off, you'll be the one lone original magician performing it.

~Oscar
Bully for you then, sounds like you have a perfect Memory and us older ones have to suck it up and get on with it, power to your all in sarcastic Brain power awesomeness,simple questions are asked, what don't you get on a question of Memory and performance, why you don't think we al put in our Best ?.
akurzweil
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of akurzweil
A.B.See arrived today. It's excellent. It's unique and it's very clever. My memory is bad, but this is very easy. It's true: in 10-15 minutes you'll be able to do it. Ingenious. I'm sure I'll use this a lot.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4612 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Not recieved mine yet, been ages on pre order,i rung Alakazam today, hope I get it before Christmas?.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1504 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I use a mem deck, have Redford's Photographic Deck, as well as Spellman's Gallery Deck, and find value in all of them, so was a bit unsure of how useful AB See would be, but after watching Steve Faulkner's review, and reading Jheff's review as well, my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take the plunge. The deck arrived yesterday, and after watching the instruction video, and playing with the cards a bit -- I'm so happy I ordered this!! It is a clever principle and Spidey, like others have said, is a terrific teacher. Not only does he cover 6 or so effects, but there's also a lengthy section on various techniques (false cuts and shuffles) that work well with this kind of deck. I excited to try out a few of the routines over the holidays!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4612 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mine arrived today, the wife won't let me have the card with the download code to watch it ,dam n blast gotta wait till Christmas lol, I definitely think it's a count off thing and something to do with the 3 cards after?,only speculation though.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1504 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Wow, that's like giving your kids a Playstation now, but not giving them the controllers until Christmas!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1945 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Ordered this after seeing Steve's review. These tie in with my 3 year daughter as we have a few sets of flash cards for her.
Perfect for when someone is over and I can use these 👍🏻
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4612 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Wow, that's like giving your kids a Playstation now, but not giving them the controllers until Christmas!

I know lol
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2793 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Just contacted the UK dealer I ordered from who advised me the stock comes from the manufacturer and it is not likely to come any time soon. A disappointment.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4612 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Just contacted the UK dealer I ordered from who advised me the stock comes from the manufacturer and it is not likely to come any time soon. A disappointment.

Sorry to here that Neils was looking forward to reading your feedback on it, I wont know till Christmas Day, proberly get to watch tutorial Boxing Day.
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Memory work? Not specifically any more than when I was four years old and learned my ABCíS ALPHABET SONG.

I just came home to my mail, and I opened this up and sat down and watched the tutorial. Really clever stuff here, and honestly very well made.

Spidey, I do feel like a little more could have been added in since this deck was created from the ground up. Maybe some marked backs. Perhaps something that could have resulted in a color separation (like Out of this World). The cards backgrounds could have been incorporated for color divinations that donít rely on the built in method.

Anyway. Great product. Anyone worried about the memorization is spending too much time worrying about nothing.
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2021, CopperChopCup wrote:
Memory work? Not specifically any more than when I was four years old and learned my ABCíS ALPHABET SONG.

I just came home to my mail, and I opened this up and sat down and watched the tutorial. Really clever stuff here, and honestly very well made.

Spidey, I do feel like a little more could have been added in since this deck was created from the ground up. Maybe some marked backs. Perhaps something that could have resulted in a color separation (like Out of this World). The cards backgrounds could have been incorporated for color divinations that donít rely on the built in method.

Anyway. Great product. Anyone worried about the memorization is spending too much time worrying about nothing.

We threw around the idea of marking the backs but I settled on refusing because I wanted the back to be beyond simple with nothing to see even instinctively. And Iím glad I did, the fact that it is NOT in anyway marked seems to be impressing a lot of the workers who feel comfortable handing it to even the smartest spectators or magicians for examination with absolutely no worries. I didnít want to do seperation effects I didnít want anything that felt card tricky. I wanted a direct and killer divination tool and thatís what I think we have here. Iím not saying we wonít eventually make a marked version but to me this is great. And the method stands on its own. Just my opinion 😊 glad youíre enjoying it.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1945 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine arrived today from Alakazam and I really like it.
I did spot the method when asked to pause the instruction video but this is so good.
This will be getting used a lot over the Christmas period.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2021, NeilS wrote:

Looks like it is sold out everywhere!
But I found out that a dealer in Europe seems to have a few left, so I a put in an order, and just now got a message that it is on his way!
https://tesmarzauberartikel.de/en/all-ma......er=66711
But it also says:
'Only a few items available!'
I have got a couple of items from them with no problem at all! Recommended German dealer.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1673 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Looks like Penguin has it in stock
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Looks like Penguin has it in stock

Yes, but I saw that Neil talkes about a UK dealer that was out of stock so I only would mention an other dealer nearby, also in Europe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ A. B. See by Spidey (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL