The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A. B. See by Spidey (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2111 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
Helllo, In I think the second routine where the spectator goes through the cards from bottom to top, buries the card they selected and then cuts, I don’t see how you can be sure the selection won’t show up in cards you deal to the table. Not a big deal since it should be identifiable by being out of place but the routine is presented as your card is not here, hence I have not even seen it. When I did the routine on myself the “chosen” card was kn the top stock. Anyone have thoughts ? Thanks


I, as well, thought this was an area of concern. It's not. If you follow Spidey's instructions as to where to cut (and when), their card will not appear in the ones you turn face up.
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2022, gabelson wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
Helllo, In I think the second routine where the spectator goes through the cards from bottom to top, buries the card they selected and then cuts, I don’t see how you can be sure the selection won’t show up in cards you deal to the table. Not a big deal since it should be identifiable by being out of place but the routine is presented as your card is not here, hence I have not even seen it. When I did the routine on myself the “chosen” card was kn the top stock. Anyone have thoughts ? Thanks


I, as well, thought this was an area of concern. It's not. If you follow Spidey's instructions as to where to cut (and when), their card will not appear in the ones you turn face up.



Correct! It’s extremely important to cut slightly above where they cut. Try as much as you can to basically undo their cut + a few cards. And if you do this you will always get to where it’s missing from before where it is. Again, feel free to join the Facebook group for specific questions and additional ideas the private group is called A.B.Seecrets
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
544 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
This was another great buy for me end of last year. Could perform this only a couple of times so far. It is a worker for me and for the long term. Just a few minutes and I could get the stack (if it can really be called that) down completely. This is now a permanent part of my close up case and virtual shows. Looking forward to explore its tremendous potential more fully this year.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
I've been doing reviews of magic that I buy. I feel it gives me the right to be honest and not hold back if I see deficits. Here is my review of Spidey’s A.B.See:

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, sillymagician wrote:
I've been doing reviews of magic that I buy. I feel it gives me the right to be honest and not hold back if I see deficits. Here is my review of Spidey’s A.B.See:



Great honest Review
waynet
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of waynet
Thank you for your honest review.
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
263 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
I am a satisfied owner of ABSee. A simple tool with almost unlimited potential. Total value for money. I like the fact that a 2nd deck is included, at worse, it is a great back up but at best 2 decks CAN be used for some creative routines, imo
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
Hello people, “A.B.See” has been nominated for best trick of the year in 2021 on Penguin Magic. Cast your votes if you feel it deserves it over this link -

https://forms.gle/vQ8aKPBYdDv2pLXq8

Last date of voting for this is 31st January 2022. Winners will be announced live on February 14, 2022 over Penguin's Magic Youtube Channel.

Also there's a Official Trick of the Year thread going on in the Magic Café. Let's make ABSee a strong contender by voting for it if you feel it deserves it.
Here's the link for that -
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......BlSVH8Q0
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12509 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2021, DrewBstoss wrote:
Is this based on Syl Reilly’s “Mental Pictoria” pack (with a disguised st***)? I’m curious what advantages this has over something like Anton’s “Mentalism Symbol Pack” beyond the outward appearance of being ABC flashcards.

Best wishes,

Drew


That's the only thing I'm wondering, too. If it's a stack, then that takes away some opportunities for mixing and so on.


Yes I wish I didn't buy it.i suppose youncan do classic force etc or cross cut force if you want to mix the card legit. Or any force.

The thing about true mentalism is you shouldnt be doing false shuffle false this and that. My opinion of course.

No on Best trick of the year.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Noobmaster69
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2022, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2021, DrewBstoss wrote:
Is this based on Syl Reilly’s “Mental Pictoria” pack (with a disguised st***)? I’m curious what advantages this has over something like Anton’s “Mentalism Symbol Pack” beyond the outward appearance of being ABC flashcards.

Best wishes,

Drew


That's the only thing I'm wondering, too. If it's a stack, then that takes away some opportunities for mixing and so on.


Yes I wish I didn't buy it.i suppose youncan do classic force etc or cross cut force if you want to mix the card legit. Or any force.

The thing about true mentalism is you shouldnt be doing false shuffle false this and that. My opinion of course.

No on Best trick of the year.

That's ridiculous. I can understand why people oppose cards in mentalism, even though I disagree, but if you do use them why shouldn't you do false shuffles?
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
May I ask how this differs from/ is an improvement on Omnitool?
Noobmaster69
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:
On May 1, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
May I ask how this differs from/ is an improvement on Omnitool?

I don't have Omnitool, but A.B.See has a secret that makes memorizing the stack really easy and that is unique to this deck, as far as I know. Other than Omnitool the cards are not marked and except for a DB there are no special cards included, though. The video download is very extensive. There are quite a few routines and a lot of extra information, like a section about false shuffles and cuts.
JuanPoop
View Profile
New user
Australia
82 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
I just got mine after a loooong wait.

Well worth the wait though - an awesome product, with great routines and very thorough instruction.

As has been stated above, it is quite easy to learn the method. I do quite a few Mem-Deck effects (using Mnemonica), but this is way easier to learn (and apply) than most of those.

Top class purchase.
aka John
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2979 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, sillymagician wrote:
I've been doing reviews of magic that I buy. I feel it gives me the right to be honest and not hold back if I see deficits. Here is my review of Spidey’s A.B.See:




I was firmly in the "looks nice, but don't need it" camp, until this smooth talker got in my head and hypnotized me. I still don't need it, but...ordered. Looks fun Smile The reviews are great btw! thx
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On May 1, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
May I ask how this differs from/ is an improvement on Omnitool?



I'd love an answer to this, from someone who owns both...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4469 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On May 10, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
Quote:
On May 1, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
May I ask how this differs from/ is an improvement on Omnitool?



I'd love an answer to this, from someone who owns both...

I own both.

It's not very much an improvement, other than style. A.B.See as far as I know is not marked, however Omni-Tool is so that allows for the clean handling of Julien's 3 spectator routine, and of course it comes with the TOD stack.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1162 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
As I have been back on the Café now for a few months I must mention this .
Buy it , buy it , buy it !!!
This is absolutely fantastic.
So many great routines are taught by a great teacher &!I have been working it & every magician I have shown it to loves it as well
Very very good Spidey
rubenhernando
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
34 Posts

Profile of rubenhernando
Hi guys.

I've received A.B.See recently and is absolutely amazing. I really like how it looks the design and everything. Congrats!
I'm still practicing it to make it fluent and I have some problems with the op***** s*****e, because something I forget that is not a real S*****e and I end up peeling one or two cards, any tip on that?

Btw, Any of you know how to enter to the Facebook page? I've asked to join but I have not any response.

Thanks Spidey for such and amazing deck!
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, rubenhernando wrote:
Btw, Any of you know how to enter to the Facebook page? I've asked to join but I have not any response.


Didn't know there was one! Do you have a link?
Noobmaster69
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:
On May 31, 2022, Pugwash wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, rubenhernando wrote:
Btw, Any of you know how to enter to the Facebook page? I've asked to join but I have not any response.


Didn't know there was one! Do you have a link?

It's in the video. You own A.B.See, right?

@rubenhernando:
Did you check your messages? They'll send you a message request and ask you for proof that you own it. Took me quite a while until I saw that...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A. B. See by Spidey (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL