The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Penn & Teller - memorized deck (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1332 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I haven't watched all the episodes of "Fool Us" with Penn & Teller.
Only a few on Youtube.
Does anyone know if any magicians (other than Jen Kramer) used a memorized deck in their performance?
And if yes, which one(s)?
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
990 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I believe there have been quite a few, including one on this week's episode (it's actually billed as a rubik's cube trick, which is amazing, but the card selection likely used a memdeck).

But, check out both of Siegfried Tieber's appearances, as I believe both of them involved memdecks...
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1332 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2021, no2ss wrote:
But, check out both of Siegfried Tieber's appearances, as I believe both of them involved memdecks...

Thanks. For the moment I have Jen Kramer and Siegfried Tieber (2X).
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
990 Posts

Profile of no2ss
The one from the latest episode is Sydney Weaver, and while the trick is really a cube trick, it makes use of a memdeck.
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Hmmm, I thought I was going to list a bunch, but after thinking on it for a minute I'm coming up blank.

I know Mike Close fried them with mem deck backstage a bunch of times in the earlier days...

I've been meaning to rewatch all the episodes to take some notes and make a bit of a rough spread sheet on trick selection... I'll update this post if I come across any during my totally real for real scientific research 😂
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
990 Posts

Profile of no2ss
This reminds me... the effect that Penn did for Carrot Top on last week's effect was using a memdeck. In fact, at one point, Carrot Top makes an... inconvenient choice that makes it quite clear a memdeck is in play, and Penn has to do a little jazzing to cover it up.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5099 Posts

Profile of landmark
Daniel Roy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Penn & Teller - memorized deck (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL