The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam new site coming, Gather your files (114 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Doric
View Profile
Special user
801 Posts

Profile of Doric
Yes they are. I bet they've had to 'shell' out a lot of money to put things right.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2979 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 23, 2022, Doric wrote:
Yes they are. I bet they've had to 'shell' out a lot of money to put things right.

That one really...cracked me up 😂
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have really ,really tried to get on with this new site and just not find it user friendly, even looking for new stuff on the New arrivals bit, I even googled a new trick, site came up with it ,clicked on ,and not on it?, I will alway's use their shop if I am ever down,which unfortunately not a lot these days, use to get a fair bit on line and my Birthday has come up and I have chose to go elsewhere just not for me, love the Guys there great bunch ,awesome Shop,but I gotta say,I'm out.
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
122 Posts

Profile of civins
I'm the same.
Not all my purchased downloads are available on the new site.
I've tried the online chat function - but not received any reply from Alakazam.

I can access the "old" website on my laptop but not on my mobile phone.
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Having a problem with a download which requires a password now, originally just needed to register the product to watch the tutorial. I don’t have the password, tried to contact in chat, no response, sent an email now. Very frustrating, but sure it will be worked out. Not having a chat function and no one responds, I don’t have that problem with other magic dealers, so what’s the answer Peter? Thank you.

Joe
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Joemv
The above problem was resolved…thank you Peter and customer support…much appreciated…

Joe
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of King14
I have lost 80% of my downloads. Alakazam should have contacted its customers and told them that they were going to screw them over with their purchases. Keep well away from this company as they are profit-driven. I have lost a lot of content. Send a DVD with the trick. Go to Saturn magic for service.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On May 28, 2022, King14 wrote:
I have lost 80% of my downloads. Alakazam should have contacted its customers and told them that they were going to screw them over with their purchases. Keep well away from this company as they are profit-driven. I have lost a lot of content. Send a DVD with the trick. Go to Saturn magic for service.

Have you spoken to them about your downloads. From what I’ve been told you haven’t lost them yet.
If you are wrong maybe you should make sure before condemning them.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2250 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On May 24, 2022, civins wrote:
I'm the same.
Not all my purchased downloads are available on the new site.
I've tried the online chat function - but not received any reply from Alakazam.

I can access the "old" website on my laptop but not on my mobile phone.

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure some downloads missing on the new site. Really, curious what exactly drove the change to overhaul the entire website? The old one seemed fine to me.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of corindaman
I am also missing 80% of my downloads, you can’t seem to be able to contact them. How times have changed with this company.!
Doric
View Profile
Special user
801 Posts

Profile of Doric
I just checked my account and many videos are still missing. What's the status of the transfer? Is it considered to be complete at this point?
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of King14
I have lost every download. They never contacted me to tell me to save all files. They do not answer and all you get is that goofy chap pitching cheap tricks. This shop should be avoided unless you are a 12-year-old.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1535 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
The new site is no longer user friendly.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Hi guys,

As mentioned before nobody has lost any downloads some downloads did not transfer automatically but you can still access your old account here old.alakazam.co.uk and if you let us know which items are missing from your new account(via email to sales@alakazam.co.uk) we can upload them manually for you.

I hope this helps

Regards

Peter Nardi
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of bosami
If there is an option to download the video, I do that as soon as I purchase the effect. I never rely on the streaming video link working years into the future.

That said, I received many emails from Alakazam notifying me of the site change long before it went into effect. And I'm sure they'll make it right if you happened to miss the emails. (IE Peter's post above.)
...forever curious
Alfredo Jones
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Alfredo Jones
A few of my files are missing. I will wait to see if they transfer over at a later date. No rush at all!
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
I spoke to Andy several times and he was very helpful
But basically they cannot just transfer all of your tutorials to the new site
The only way is to go into the old site while you still can go to the tutorials and click on download straight to your computer
Very time consuming but you then have them
If I remember correctly this is what they said to do at the very beginning of the thread
I know they obviously felt they needed to upgrade the site but if it isn’t broke why fix it ..?
Doric
View Profile
Special user
801 Posts

Profile of Doric
That's a real step back. I feel bad for the Alakazam team as I imagine the whole thing is a nightmare for them and they will be losing business for sure. However, it seems customers haven't been made the priority in terms of decisions made around the website migration, that's been the main error imho.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2022, Alakazam Magic Official wrote:
Hi guys,

As mentioned before nobody has lost any downloads some downloads did not transfer automatically but you can still access your old account here old.alakazam.co.uk and if you let us know which items are missing from your new account(via email to sales@alakazam.co.uk) we can upload them manually for you.

I hope this helps

Regards

Sorry Peter but that is.not true after speaking to Andy several times he told me that Alakazam could not do that and sent me an email with links
to do myself and as I have just posted I downloaded from the tutorials from the old site myself

Peter Nardi
Doric
View Profile
Special user
801 Posts

Profile of Doric
If customers had been asked what they wanted from the new site I'm sure being able to access previously purchased downloads would have been top of the list.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam new site coming, Gather your files (114 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL