The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ellusionist Pirate Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Anyone here use Ellusionist's pirate coins and can comment on their usability?

I'm curious how they handle in general and specifically how shiny/visible they are.

How nice will a standard r-n vanish look?
Mitchael
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Mitchael
I only use them for David Roths non s------d 4 coins across. My patter is there are 4 swashbukling Pirates. As each falls in battle, they show up in Davy Jones locker. The swords on one side and the Skull and crossbones facilitates the visuals.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I imagine they're about the same as the artifact coins. Those were fine to handle, and looked decent if the style was your thing.
There are a few reviews online if you do a search.

A retention vanish will look as good as your retention is - the coin is not what makes or breaks a vanish. Though if you're asking if they'll catch the light, the answer is still yes. But no better or worse than any other coin that will.
Mr Uku
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Mr Uku
I bought them because they looked fun and found that they handle great and are nicely milled which helps with various palms. Your retention vanish won't look any better, as mentioned above, as that has little to do with the coins.
They are reasonably shiny (antique gold rather than bright gold) and they catch the light nicely.
I've been very pleased with them.
The only bad thing about them really is that they are very noisy when they slide across each other which will make certain routines and sleights more difficult.
I've not tried softening them.

Hope that helps.
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Thank you all!

And yes, my question with the vanish was solely related to how shiny they are Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ellusionist Pirate Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL