We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Plus +1 Program (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
665 Posts

Profile of Inert
Has the Tenyo's Plus +1 program officially ended? I thought they put out some great rewards like Illusion Scale, Ghost Puzzle, Magician's Clock & Mind Roulette. The last item I can find listed is 2013's Magical Sushi. Anyone have a favourite suggestion?
johnsigna
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of johnsigna
The Plus One program has been ongoing. This year’s Plus One is Image Generator Mini, a lens cleaning cloth version of the Image Generator (T-219) t-shirt.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
665 Posts

Profile of Inert
Thank you. Good to know.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5435 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Looks like Tenyo just quietly re-released a few plus one items:
- Charisma
- Magical Calendar
- Magical Sneaker
- Magical Burger
- Magical Sushi

Available from most retailers (Penguin, Vanishing Inc, MJM, Stevens, etc...)
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
You forgot Magical Chocolate.

I suspect that Tenyo may have done that to curb those from Japan listing them on you know where for big bucks.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2924 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Magical Chocolate is a fun piece and definitely my favorite of this group.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Here is a suggestion for you! Perform MAGICAL CHOCOLATE using SMELL-O-VISION.

Take a Tupperware type container with a tight lid, place the cards and wrapper inside the container with some fragrant chocolate and place the lid on tightly. After a few days, remove the cards and wrapper. Take a whiff! Cards and wrapper smell like a chocolate bar.

Now you have an interesting effect using props that smell real!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2924 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Fun idea!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

So, these six +1 tricks have been commercially available for a few weeks now and I am wondering which one is your favorite.

John votes for MAGICAL CHOCOLATE and I do too. Which one do you like the best. You may want to list them in order from favorite being number one to least favorite being number six. Here is my list below.

1- MAGICAL CHOCOLATE
2- MAGIC CALENDAR
3- MAGICAL SNEAKERS
4- MAGICAL BURGER
5- SUSHI CAROUSEL
6- CHARISMA
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2022, Magiguy wrote:
- Charisma
- Magical Calendar
- Magical Sneaker
- Magical Burger
- Magical Sushi

I don't think it is a re-release per se.

More like having unclaimed redemption stocks from their redemption program, that Tenyo themselves are unable to sell domestically , they pass them onto their selective overseas distributors to cover costs, and everyone I suppose is happy.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 31, 2022, guerrestellari wrote:
Quote:
- Charisma
- Magical Calendar
- Magical Sneaker
- Magical Burger
- Magical Sushi

More like having unclaimed redemption stocks from their redemption program, that Tenyo themselves are unable to sell domestically , they pass them onto their selective overseas distributors to cover costs, and everyone I suppose is happy.

These have two differences from before. First, Steve Cohen has now provided English instructions which can be acquired online like with their usual T number releases. Second, they added a paper insert inside the packaging with the trick name in English and required information to access the English instructions online.

They may have made more of these since most of them were not recently available. Some were being sold separately while others never were but only available as plus one items in Japan only. I believe that after the year these were offered as plus one tricks, a new one was offered and the previous one was no longer available.

Here is a list of the 6 tricks and whether or not you could buy them separately after they were plus one tricks as I know it.

* CHARISMA- not sold separately
* MAGICAL CHOCOLATE- not sold separately
* MAGICAL SUSHI- not sold separately
* MAGICAL SNEAKERS- sold separately
* MAGICAL BURGER- sold separately
* MAGICAL CALENDAR- sold separately
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2022, Magical Moments wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2022, guerrestellari wrote:
Quote:
- Charisma
- Magical Calendar
- Magical Sneaker
- Magical Burger
- Magical Sushi

These have two differences from before. First, Steve Cohen has now provided English instructions which can be acquired online like with their usual T number releases. Second, they added a paper insert inside the packaging with the trick name in English and required information to access the English instructions online.

They may have made more of these since most of them were not recently available. Some were being sold separately while others never were but only available as plus one items in Japan only. I believe that after the year these were offered as plus one tricks, a new one was offered and the previous one was no longer available.

Here is a list of the 6 tricks and whether or not you could buy them separately after they were plus one tricks as I know it.

* CHARISMA- not sold separately
* MAGICAL CHOCOLATE- not sold separately
* MAGICAL SUSHI- not sold separately
* MAGICAL SNEAKERS- sold separately
* MAGICAL BURGER- sold separately
* MAGICAL CALENDAR- sold separately

I can only conjecture - 2 of the tricks were included in the Tenyoism bundle, so Tenyo might have done a re-run of those for the book deal and /or had extras.

As for the rest, what does one do with unredeemed inventory of older plus ones once the redemption period is over? Well, to put them out to overseas distributors, they would most definitely have to provide translated instructions and also put out the name of the tricks in English.

Looking forward to seeing if this is a one-offf

I’m suspecting that moving on, this would be the way Tenyo handles the domestic redemption program - finding an outlet once the redemption period is over. It happened with a whole new hole.
VolunteerMagic
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of VolunteerMagic
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2022, guerrestellari wrote:

I’m suspecting that moving on, this would be the way Tenyo handles the domestic redemption program - finding an outlet once the redemption period is over. It happened with a whole new hole.

The weird things about A Whole New Whole is that, while it was really nice getting that redemption trick so quickly, as far as I know, it’s been the only redemption trick that went from being “redemption exclusive” to being sold by several magic outlets within months. I think Sneakers and Burger were out for years before they were reprinted.

That said, I’d be very surprised seeing something like Image Generator Mini reprinted in the same fashion. That trick seems like it’d be more expensive to produce than the other card-based tricks.

However, the new Liar’s Fruit, I really hope that gets the reprint treatment—it’s a good one
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Plus +1 Program (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL