The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INDEXED (52 cards - 1 pocket - Built into a deck!) (224 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, Michael Daniels wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, Waterloophai wrote:
Thanks for the pats on the back.
However, it is too much honour.
It started with my idea, but it is Michael Daniels, building on my idea, who came up with the ideal solution.

Thanks for mentioning my solution Waterloophai.

Those who have Indexed and would like my solution, PM me with the length of the tutorial video and I'll share it with you.

Mike

I've added the tip to the tutorial page, it's a great addition.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It certainly is a great addition many thanks to all Gaz.😊
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I've got about 6 indexes and this is by far the best. Having the whole 52 in a pocket is awesome. The additional tip Michael so graciously shared has actually made a huge difference to both speed and correct location. Very very happy with this.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
WIll this item be sold form an EU based dealer.

Shipping from the UK to Denmark, will add 25 Euro in customs and handling fee alone, plus 25% in VAT on top. DOn’t mind the VAT, do mind the extra customs fee.

Jan
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2022, Vraagaard wrote:

Shipping from the UK to Denmark, will add 25 Euro in customs and handling fee alone, plus 25% in VAT on top. DOn’t mind the VAT, do mind the extra customs fee.

Jan

We keep most of our products exclusive to keep the price as low as possible, if this was a retail price of £59.99 we could afford to sell Indexed to other dealers around the world.

We choose to keep the price on the website as low as possible. I'm sure our UK customers are very pleased we sell Indexed for £35.99 and not £59.99 just because would need extra margin to be able to wholesale it as well.

There will of course be handling and taxes for those outside the UK.

When we sell outside the UK we do not charge tax so the price is 20% lower than the website. This reduction covers all or most of the VAT you may be charged on import. The handling charges are another issue in the UK they are around £12 depending on the carrier and I guess this varies around the world.

We also offer flat rate shipping on a standard package so you can add extra items for no extra costs on a small package.

I hope those that have Indexed will agree its great item and good value at the price, at lot of indexes cost 2 - 3 times the price or more and that will most likely be because they are sold wholesale to other dealers or distributors.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2022, takeachance wrote:
I've got about 6 indexes and this is by far the best. Having the whole 52 in a pocket is awesome. The additional tip Michael so graciously shared has actually made a huge difference to both speed and correct location. Very very happy with this.

That is great to hear.

Indexed is the first index I have actually ended up using.

Multiple pockets and large bulky indexes just did to work for me and certainly don't work if you just want to go out casually and perform, with Indexed you can just throw the deck in your pocket and you are ready any time.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2022, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:

Jan

We keep most of our products exclusive to keep the price as low as possible, if this was a retail price of £59.99 we could afford to sell Indexed to other dealers around the world.

We choose to keep the price on the website as low as possible. I'm sure our UK customers are very pleased we sell Indexed for £35.99 and not £59.99 just because would need extra margin to be able to wholesale it as well.

When we sell outside the UK we do not charge tax so the price is 20% lower than the website. This reduction covers all or most of the VAT you may be charged on import. The handling charges are another issue in the UK they are around £12 depending on the carrier and I guess this varies around the world.

We also offer flat rate shipping on a standard package so you can add extra items for no extra costs on a small package.

I hope those that have Indexed will agree its great item and good value at the price, at lot of indexes cost 2 - 3 times the price or more and that will most likely be because they are sold wholesale to other dealers or distributors.

So you don’t charge 20% UK VAT outside the UK?
Why did you charged UK VAT to me then?
I’ve paid 20% UK VAT and nothing was reduced.
I asked Mark about it and suspected a shop system error at first…

@Vraagaard, I paid 51,51£ for Indexed (including 13,29£ for delivery to germany and 8,23£ UK VAT) + around 6,99£ customs fees and 5,20£ VAT/import taxes.
In total around 63,70£. “20% lower“ what a joke. Hope you can make a informed decision Jan.

The index is great but that comment of Mark now got me thinking.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2022, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jan

@Vraagaard, I paid 51,51£ for Indexed (including 13,29£ for delivery to germany and 8,23£ UK VAT) + around 6,99£ customs fees and 5,20£ VAT/import taxes.
In total around 63,70£. “20% lower“ what a joke. Hope you can make a informed decision Jan.

If you check our website now we no longer charge VAT outside the UK.

We have had 3 customers be charged VAT when they should not and as a result we have withdrawn from the scheme as it seems Europe is unable follow its own rules. We were going to contact you on Monday to ask for the charges you paid so we can refund them and we now have to amend our VAT return. This is why we have withdrawn from the prepaid scheme, it has caused us loads of grief and wasted time the last week or so through no fault of ours.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Is there a private group for INDEXED.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2022, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jan

If you check our website now we no longer charge VAT outside the UK.

We have had 3 customers be charged VAT when they should not and as a result we have withdrawn from the scheme as it seems Europe is unable follow its own rules. We were going to contact you on Monday to ask for the charges you paid so we can refund them and we now have to amend our VAT return. This is why we have withdrawn from the prepaid scheme, it has caused us loads of grief and wasted time the last week or so through no fault of ours.

I appreciate that and look forward to your mail on Monday.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
The Saturn website shows zero VAT when shopping from DK. The item price including shipping will then be 45,95. Arriving in DK it will be subjec to 18 pounds customs fee, + 25% VAT on top of everything, bringing it to around 80 pounds. Think I will wait till next year in Blackpool - not joining the convention this year - unfortunately.

All the best

Jan
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2022, Vraagaard wrote:
The Saturn website shows zero VAT when shopping from DK. The item price including shipping will then be 45,95. Arriving in DK it will be subjec to 18 pounds customs fee, + 25% VAT on top of everything, bringing it to around 80 pounds. Think I will wait till next year in Blackpool - not joining the convention this year - unfortunately.

All the best

Jan

Wow those are high fees and tax much higher than in the UK and other countries. Shipping has also increased in recent months to the EU, many EU countries have put on Brexit surcharges to their shipping and again to the customs handling fee which is crazy it's no more expensive to process an import from the USA or the UK, why charge extra for the UK.

It seems more like an EU attack on UK imports. I guess the Brexit fallout will continue, things are bit crazy at present with all these new rules, one minute we charge tax the next we don't, transition periods etc it's hard to keep up it's no wonder customers get confused and I think the officials even are struggling at times.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Just to set it straight. The DK rules are the same for all countries outside of EU. There is NOT an extra penalty on packages from the UK, its standard custom fees for all packages outside of EU, and VAT in DK is 25% on everything.

But since UK are not an EU member after Brexit I had a real hard time shopping from my favorite dealers in the UK for single items. If I do buy a large shipment the customs fee of 18 pounds becomes small in comparison, and the VAT of 25% is standard in DK. However buying a single item it becomes expensive.

Best

Jan
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2022, Steven Conner wrote:

There is no group for Indexed at present, but it does seem that people are coming up with ideas for it.

When Mirrah came to me with Indexed pre Covid it was my challenge to find a way to make it and I kept going until I did, I knew this was going to be good and a concept worth working on.

I'm sure Mirrah will be really please to read and hear that many customers think it's the best index they own, the feedback has been amazing.

Can I get some feedback if others think a group would be a good idea?
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2022, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2022, Steven Conner wrote:

There is no group for Indexed at present, but it does seem that people are coming up with ideas for it.

When Mirrah came to me with Indexed pre Covid it was my challenge to find a way to make it and I kept going until I did, I knew this was going to be good and a concept worth working on.

I'm sure Mirrah will be really please to read and hear that many customers think it's the best index they own, the feedback has been amazing.

Can I get some feedback if others think a group would be a good idea?

I’m loving my index and I think a users group would be a good idea Mark
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Anyone have experience with Q by Cosmo Salano and can compare the two?
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2022, Magic-Daniel wrote:
Anyone have experience with Q by Cosmo Salano and can compare the two?

I have pretty much all indexes except Q which I've heard good things about.
I do know one thing though: you can't produce a playing card faster than with "indexed".
And with 99.99% certainty. (there's always the human error factor.)
"Indexed" itself is 100% proof.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I have Q and it has served well. It takes up more pocket space so there is more restrictions on clothing than index. Of the two imho I much prefer index. That small tip given has sped up the process a lot. I’m also hitting every time. I’m really liking it over all my indexes
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2022, takeachance wrote:
I have Q and it has served well. It takes up more pocket space so there is more restrictions on clothing than index. Of the two imho I much prefer index. That small tip given has sped up the process a lot. I’m also hitting every time. I’m really liking it over all my indexes

You guys are the absolute worst at making (!) me spend my money Smile

Guess I’ll be back with my feedback in a couple of weeks. THIS is why I don’t worry about a cash compartment in my wallets anymore btw.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2022, 252life wrote:
You guys are the absolute worst at making (!) me spend my money Smile
Guess I’ll be back with my feedback in a couple of weeks. THIS is why I don’t worry about a cash compartment in my wallets anymore btw.

Your money will be well spent (this time) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INDEXED (52 cards - 1 pocket - Built into a deck!) (224 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL