The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sparkling by James Wang (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jocowbala
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Jocowbala
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2022, MR Effecto wrote:
Received mine. Very nice kit. Product looks very well made and almost comes with everything you need to perform the effect. You will need a bottle of champagne of course and one more idem that’s cheep snd easy to get. The set up for 1st time should only take around 10 minutes or less going over the instructions. After that less than 5 minutes. I haven’t set up a bottle yet but this should be a crowd pleaser for sure. After set up hands off performance. Never have to touch the bottle. At you control always.

Thank you so much!
And also hope you enjoy that!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
100 percent given on the WMR.

https://youtu.be/kVNc92Q425Y
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Great effect and great method.
I have one brand new and unused for sale at a discount in the for sale section.

Sparkling got 100% from BOTH Sean and Dave on the latest Wizard Magic Review.

"Brilliant, the best da*n thing we've ever had on this show." David Penn

Save money and have it in days rather than weeks. US only.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=739346
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Wouldn't call it a "review". Was only a presentation. Nothing about any aspects that people asked/mentioned here.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Anyone else remember seeing this effect when sansminds demoed it years ago? I’m not sure if they ever released their version though.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2022, pelicantrapper wrote:
Anyone else remember seeing this effect when sansminds demoed it years ago? I’m not sure if they ever released their version though.
ya they Credit them on the download.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Looked like powder was dropping from the cork inside the liquid.
Magic for magicians. 🤐
Christian_de_Punto
View Profile
New user
Earth - Europe - Germany 138 plus
86 Posts

Profile of Christian_de_Punto
Should be next to the videos, where kids are dropping mentos into cola... ;-P

Quote:
On Jan 27, 2022, ArtIn wrote:
Magic for magicians. 🤐
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
It is an amazing trick and the method is brilliant. I never would have thought the gimmick’s internal components would be so complex yet such an easy trick to perform. Well worth the money! I gonna have fun with this.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
This is brilliant!!! Would love to chat in a PM with anyone who has bought this and is from the UK.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I don't have this but Im not sure I want to run and find the cork before someone else obviously will (or it flys to a place I cant get to). I hear its dicey to travel with? I cant imagine its convenient to setup on site. Is making a huge mess really all that fun or entertaining after the laughing stops? But yes making something explode like this would be somewhat amusing.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2022, Darkness wrote:
I don't have this but Im not sure I want to run and find the cork before someone else obviously will (or it flys to a place I cant get to). I hear its dicey to travel with? I cant imagine its convenient to setup on site. Is making a huge mess really all that fun or entertaining after the laughing stops? But yes making something explode like this would be somewhat amusing.

You're absolutely right about needing to get that cork swooped up. As a bar tender, I would obviously just pull corks, but almost every time guests wanted to do a celebratory *pop themselves at their table, someone went cork hunting almost immediately. I think an assistant would be ideal, or have it aimed to a closed off upstairs to round up later... I'm sure there's lots of solutions, and this effect is so strong that it's worth finding a solution... but there's going to be some disappointed magicians who didn't plan ahead that are either going to be licking their wounds over a lost expensive gimmick or have some yahoo picking it up and exposing it.

Maybe even go big and have a catch in the ceiling that triggers some sort of Rube Goldberg madness 😂

If you do this at a wedding, a catch of some sort is almost mandatory with all of the little rug rats that will be scrambling for it.
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Wondering if a length of string could attach to the Cork and around the neck of the bottle. Allow enough for some flight, thinking a couple of metres or so. Would that deter from the effect I wonder?

I love the look of this but for me, I hate the thought of losing the cork or having to search frantically for it after....
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think by finding a bottle with the correct size opening you can control whether the cork goes flying or just ends up laying alongside the bottle. In fact, you don’t want the cork to be too tight. The instructions are very specific about the minimum size opening.

I think it’s not so much that you get a very loud sounding pop with a flying cork, but having the fizz and liquid shoot up several inches above the bottle and cascade down like a fountain. That’s the visual that really sells the effect I think.

So in actual use I think the cork not being examinable is a non-issue.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2022, Christian_de_Punto wrote:
Should be next to the videos, where kids are dropping mentos into cola... ;-P

Quote:
On Jan 27, 2022, ArtIn wrote:
Magic for magicians. 🤐

Just saw the Dan White performance.
It was much better and he used the right bottle.
Seeing the powder dropping into the liquid isn’t very magical.
Jocowbala
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Jocowbala
Thank you all that so many options and thought, no matter it’s positive or negative.

But no matter you like it or not, I just want to say thank you to those magicians who bought it and hope you guys already saw the solution in teaching video.

If you see this message, and really interesting with Sparkling but you can not find your answer in the discussion before. You can use Facebook to search Wang Chung Yuan to pm me, or send me a mail (magicianjameswang@gmail.com)

I really love to share with you all details of this trick.
Hope you can enjoy to perform this trick!
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Someone will pick up the cork...

Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2022, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Someone will pick up the cork...

Smile

Someone said it can be set up so the cork just barely pops off and stays on the table.

That is such a specific amount of energy with so many tiny variables.

I have no idea how that could be done consistently. Seems like you'd under-do it half the time so the effect doesn't work. Then you over compensate and the cork goes flying...

...But I don't have it, if that's true, it's an ideal solution. Maybe the creator can confirm that it can be set to consistently stay next to the bottle.

But honestly, I love the idea of a catch.
I've drawn up some fun designs I'm going to share with the creator once I've tested them.

Here's a quick easy one I don't even think needs tested.

Take a large but shallow cardboard box and wrap it in paper that matches the ceiling paint. Double side tape it above the champagne. It should look just like a soffit. The box is open and facing down with the paper covering the opening.

Cork pops, shoots up breaking through the paper and into the box, the hole in the paper is too small for it to fall back out... like a minnow trap.

Specs either won't know where it went or literally think it smashed through the ceiling making it even more magical 😂

Anyways, I've got a super fun one to make as well, but I'm not sure it will work yet.
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
Arthur Chiu
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Arthur Chiu
Hi everyone, here is my performance of Sparkling! Thanks James for creating such a cool effect Smile

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchNEpLDOfI

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/CZeNy9DKSOR/
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks Arthur! Like the presentation I just don't like how after the cork pops the foaming doesn't stop and the liquid in the bottle seems to be going through a long crazy chemical reaction. Maybe it's just me because my background is also in Geochemistry. I'm thinking most layman won't pick up on that.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sparkling by James Wang (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL