The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » HOTEL MAGIC LLC presents The Magical Mystery Show! Paying $12K a month for Parlor Magicians (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Just a note that we are paying $12,000 a month and a resort hotel room in Hawaii in our new venture HOTEL MAGIC LLC presents The Magical Mystery Show! Very high level. See www.Hotel-Magic.com. There is a special section of Vanish Magazine dedicating 25 pages to what we are doing. You can see that at www.magic.likes.fans/VANISH-SE. Shoot Ogawa is doing the first property in Waikiki and Nathan Coe Marsh is doing the first one on Maui. I need really great Parlor performers with 70 minutes of act. See release with what Magicians need to apply at https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/55885286......-england - Thanks for passing the word to the right magicians! Jonathan Todd AKA StarManager
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What a wonderful venture. I wish you all the best!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2021, Dannydoyle wrote:
What a wonderful venture. I wish you all the best!

Thank you DannyDoyle! Magic needs to be seen as a high art form. We get put into "variety" when we are truly ballet or opera! The key is to do it right and with the best. We are trying to bring back the dignity, the awe and the honor of Parlour Magic! Should be good for all magicians!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have said this for decades. It is just how it needs to be and that is true.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2021, StarManager wrote:
The key is to do it right and with the best. We are trying to bring back the dignity, the awe and the honor of Parlour Magic!

On $12,000 a month?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2021, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
The key is to do it right and with the best. We are trying to bring back the dignity, the awe and the honor of Parlour Magic!

On $12,000 a month?

Mindpro the theatre is created at each hotel/resort. We provide everything for the resident magicians. Including room at the resort and an assistant. We have a show opener provided for. The performers all get a portion of back of room sales as well but they do not sell or offer anything to the public. I have never like seeing a magician hawk products after a great performance so we have staff there. Overall the magicians get a performing vacation in paradise and may earn upwards of $30K a month, depending on lots of variables. This is not for everyone and we are not looking for contracts of a year. 2, 3, 4 months for those whom this fits and who like the opportunity. If you look at our information showing the special edition of Vanish magazine you'll see a dozen of the brightest starts of magic who have already gone through the vetting and have joined our roster. Shoot Ogawa, TC Tahoe, Curtis Kam, Pavid Parr, Eric DeCamps, Nathan Coe Marsh, Scott Alexander, Oscar Munoz, Jason Cobalt, Jason Michaels and The Sentamentalists. We're looking for the people who find this attractive and have a couple of months in their schedule where they can commit the time. We have a lot of hotels and need a lot of the world's best. Hope this helps clarify your question.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks for the detailed reply. I didn't realize this was a resorts-type format/model, as it seemed more like a Cohen-type model. I am quite familiar with resort entertainer programs having booked and produced them myself through my agencies for nearly 40 years now. You are right, many variables. Lots of concerns as well.

I wish you the best of luck as it would be nice to see magic presented on a respectable industry level rather than what it has been diminished to over the years. All my best and keep us posted.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2021, Mindpro wrote:
Thanks for the detailed reply. I didn't realize this was a resorts-type format/model, as it seemed more like a Cohen-type model. I am quite familiar with resort entertainer programs having booked and produced them myself through my agencies for nearly 40 years now. You are right, many variables. Lots of concerns as well.

I wish you the best of luck as it would be nice to see magic presented on a respectable industry level rather than what it has been diminished to over the years. All my best and keep us posted.

Mindpro Thanks so much for your warm and positive message! We are trying very hard to make this the best of the best! With your background if you have lesser known but exquisite magicians please have them contact us! JTodd@Hotel-Magic.com. Happy Holidays!
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Looks like you are not looking for a comedy magician. My speciality.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2022, Bairefoot wrote:
Looks like you are not looking for a comedy magician. My speciality.

We are looking for the BEST in any category. Comedy especially! Contact the show via the links for magicians at the bottom of the website for Paul (agent) at www.Hotel-Magic.com and see what he says! We have a huge roster now but need more as we have a lot of hotels to fill up and most acts are on for 2-4 months so we need talent!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I was reviewing past threads looking for something specific trying to help another member out and I came across this thread. As in several recent threads members were asking about residencies, recurring shows, or runs of shows and when I saw this it made me wonder how this was doing? We haven't heard much about this for well over a year which is surprising as they seemed to come on strong and since some decent names were behind this with what seemed like some really decent venues?

Anyone apply, have any experience with this, or has anyone heard anything about it? Since they were seeking some of the best talent it's surprising its been so quiet.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
750 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Seems like it's ongoing, their website lists that shoot Ogawa is performing all this
month on Oahu, apparently Arther trace is performing later this month on Maui.

That's some talented guys.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I seem to recall reading some posts on Facebook about this venue, by Paul Romhany.

(StarManager / Jonathan mentioned Paul above, by first name only.)

Paul is their exclusive agent, as well as being a busy performer and publisher.

https://hotel-magic.com/about-us/

https://hotel-magic.com/

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 2, 2023, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Paul is their exclusive agent, as well as being a busy performer and publisher.
- Donald

Yes, I was already aware of that. Thanks Donald.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm READY!!! Where do I sign up?????? Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2021, StarManager wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2021, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:

On $12,000 a month?

Mindpro the theatre is created at each hotel/resort. We provide everything for the resident magicians. Including room at the resort and an assistant. We have a show opener provided for. The performers all get a portion of back of room sales as well but they do not sell or offer anything to the public. I have never like seeing a magician hawk products after a great performance so we have staff there. Overall the magicians get a performing vacation in paradise and may earn upwards of $30K a month, depending on lots of variables. This is not for everyone and we are not looking for contracts of a year. 2, 3, 4 months for those whom this fits and who like the opportunity. If you look at our information showing the special edition of Vanish magazine you'll see a dozen of the brightest starts of magic who have already gone through the vetting and have joined our roster. Shoot Ogawa, TC Tahoe, Curtis Kam, Pavid Parr, Eric DeCamps, Nathan Coe Marsh, Scott Alexander, Oscar Munoz, Jason Cobalt, Jason Michaels and The Sentamentalists. We're looking for the people who find this attractive and have a couple of months in their schedule where they can commit the time. We have a lot of hotels and need a lot of the world's best. Hope this helps clarify your question.

While in theory this is great, in practice maybe not. While staying at the resort guys still have mortgage and car payments and obligations at home, plus the cost of getting other gigs for when they are home so it isn’t really much in the grand scheme of things.

Still fun to do and in a great location needless to say. There is a lot for the right performers that is definitely true.

Without mentioning names it would be interesting to hear just how many have earned upwards of $30,000 a month this far in. That is over double the $12,000 so it seems something to clarify.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
A friend of mine did Maui and will be doing Oahu coming up. They have since closed the Maui location; I believe they lost their deal with the hotel there but I don't know specifics. That said, he enjoyed the experience and the audiences.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
WHAT ARE THE STAGES LIKE? How close to the patrons? Is there a formal stag?. How is the performer miked up? Is there an audio visual guy or gal? Are there digital screens or is it pretty analog? Lots of pertinent questions. Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Not sure how it works in the US. However here in Australia, if I was pulling in $30,000 a month I'd have no problems paying off a mortgage and car payments. Unless I was paying off a Ferrari or owned a 4 million dollar house I suppose. It's all relevant to ones accustomed life style I'm guessing.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2023, Al Kazam the Magic Man wrote:
Not sure how it works in the US. However here in Australia, if I was pulling in $30,000 a month I'd have no problems paying off a mortgage and car payments. Unless I was paying off a Ferrari or owned a 4 million dollar house I suppose. It's all relevant to ones accustomed life style I'm guessing.

I agree. Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » HOTEL MAGIC LLC presents The Magical Mystery Show! Paying $12K a month for Parlor Magicians (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL