The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mark Lewis Svengali Instruction Sheet? Need Sourcing. (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

icantsleep
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of icantsleep
On every Svengali pitch video I’ve ever seen Mark Lewis do, he pulls out a large “Magic Cards” instruction sheet that he snaps and tells the tip “…the cards come with instructions explaining 25 tricks you can’t do if you can read. If you can’t read there are a few pictures……” . Anyone know the source he gets his Sven cards from and more importantly where the instruction sheets come from? Cheers!
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Write him and ask him yourself.

(He's Tarotist on the Genii Forum)
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
icantsleep
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of icantsleep
Hmmmm, I tried that and got an error message saying “Mark Lewis is currently banned from the Café”. Huh?
And there’s no “Tarotist” listed when I did a member search. *ugh
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
A member search on the Genii Forum for Tarotist brings up 131 posts by Mark Lewis.

Try harder.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
icantsleep
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of icantsleep
Got my answers from Mark Lewis directly. What a gem of a man.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
It used to be a company called Jarroy that supplied the cards. I hope that is helpful. JR
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2703 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2021, icantsleep wrote:

I see that my last post got deleted.

Perhaps a Mod will have the common decency to tell me whatever it was I said that was wrong?
Barry Allen
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, Merc Man wrote:
Perhaps a Mod will have the common decency to tell me whatever it was I said that was wrong?

If you posted on the 4th or the 5th, it appears that all Café posts on those dates were lost in the recent Café server issue ... as opposed to being deleted.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
icantsleep
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of icantsleep
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:

Sorry your reply got lost Merc Man. Care to respond again? Always open to new information. Cheers!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2703 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:

By all means I'll say it again.

Mark Lewis is unquestionably the most helpful and entertaining guy that I've ever seen contribute to ANY magic forum.

You don't spend your entire lifetime as a magician/grafter without learning one or two things along the way. To share this type of information and experience so readily AND for free, is always worthy of reading and reflection.

Mark 'tells it as it is' and doesn't suffer fools gladly. He can also be 'sarcy' in his responses at times, which is why I daresay so many people actually love reading his posts!

As an aside, I've also been called sarcastic over the years on here. However, sarcasm is something that us Brits do rather well.....particularly for many of us older guys, it's something that we grew up with; it's part of our DNA. We aren't going to change - and why the hell should we?

Unfortunately (in my view), this world is now far too politically correct. You can't say anything these days that may cause offence - but anyone can and will take offence to whatever is said. People these days are 'wrapped in cotton wool' - but does this really help? Well let's put it this way. In the UK today, I have never known so many people (particularly younger adults and kids) to suffer from 'anxiety' and 'depression'. WTF? They've NEVER had it so good! The newest mobile phones; computer games; designer clothes; pocket money for doing no chores; a constant diet of take-aways; holidays abroad.....the list goes on. 'Anxiety and depression' my @rse! Smile

Anyway, whenever Mark Lewis appears on here under a new pseudonym, it isn't long before some 'grass' must feel compelled to contact the Mods; whereupon he's subsequently banned. This to my mind, is absolute madness. After what we've all been through after the past two years, I just wish people would grow up.

Mark Lewis's contributions are unquestionably more worthy that 99% of the other dross and utter BS I read on here at times!
Barry Allen
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1134 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:

By all means I'll say it again.

Mark Lewis is unquestionably the most helpful and entertaining guy that I've ever seen contribute to ANY magic forum.

You don't spend your entire lifetime as a magician/grafter without learning one or two things along the way. To share this type of information and experience so readily AND for free, is always worthy of reading and reflection.

Mark 'tells it as it is' and doesn't suffer fools gladly. He can also be 'sarcy' in his responses at times, which is why I daresay so many people actually love reading his posts!

As an aside, I've also been called sarcastic over the years on here. However, sarcasm is something that us Brits do rather well.....particularly for many of us older guys, it's something that we grew up with; it's part of our DNA. We aren't going to change - and why the hell should we?

Unfortunately (in my view), this world is now far too politically correct. You can't say anything these days that may cause offence - but anyone can and will take offence to whatever is said. People these days are 'wrapped in cotton wool' - but does this really help? Well let's put it this way. In the UK today, I have never known so many people (particularly younger adults and kids) to suffer from 'anxiety' and 'depression'. WTF? They've NEVER had it so good! The newest mobile phones; computer games; designer clothes; pocket money for doing no chores; a constant diet of take-aways; holidays abroad.....the list goes on. 'Anxiety and depression' my @rse! Smile

Anyway, whenever Mark Lewis appears on here under a new pseudonym, it isn't long before some 'grass' must feel compelled to contact the Mods; whereupon he's subsequently banned. This to my mind, is absolute madness. After what we've all been through after the past two years, I just wish people would grow up.

Mark Lewis's contributions are unquestionably more worthy that 99% of the other dross and utter BS I read on here at times!

Well,

me thinks this is the first time I agree 100% with a post of yours.
And about sarcasm ... I am Italian, but with quite a good amount of Irish/British DNA in me to make me a sarcastic and therefore no particularly appreciated these days and in this part of the Earth.
First of all not appreciated by my wife, but then .. she shoulda known better when she said "yes" in front of a priest (and I'm even an atheist) ...
Apparently some people are hard to satisfy.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mark Lewis Svengali Instruction Sheet? Need Sourcing. (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL