The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5983 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
I’m just shocked this would go out to market like it is knowing and seeing the concerns. VI wouldn’t have just opened one then made the decision, they have obviously quality checked a lot. Plus the other comments from people that have this already mentioning the concerns. Just baffles me how it could have been released knowing there was issues.

If the quality of the product is in fact not up to standards, hats off to VI for doing to the right thing. VI doesn't sell any ole rubbish as Pegasus stated, they always do a great job with their product choices and customer service.

Also, so many products are released even though they shouldn't be. Happens a lot in this field.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Have to agree with both of your points.
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
From these comments, it sounds like my initial thoughts were correct about the method.

One point - Did anyone else think that the trailer was stooged?? It seemed so cheesy and the creator literally did the reveal in one second after he picked up the box.

Definitely another hard pass.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Also it was the worst acting ever
Bozman
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
54 Posts

Profile of Bozman
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, RNK wrote:
Quote:
I’m just shocked this would go out to market like it is knowing and seeing the concerns. VI wouldn’t have just opened one then made the decision, they have obviously quality checked a lot. Plus the other comments from people that have this already mentioning the concerns. Just baffles me how it could have been released knowing there was issues.

If the quality of the product is in fact not up to standards, hats off to VI for doing to the right thing. VI doesn't sell any ole rubbish as Pegasus stated, they always do a great job with their product choices and customer service.

Also, so many products are released even though they shouldn't be. Happens a lot in this field.

Agreed. I have always had excellent customer service with VI. Like anywhere, there may be a few 'duds' that end up on the market but I do feel like quality control is a priority for them.
-Bozzy
dvno
View Profile
Elite user
Hamburg
407 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
From these comments, it sounds like my initial thoughts were correct about the method.

One point - Did anyone else think that the trailer was stooged?? It seemed so cheesy and the creator literally did the reveal in one second after he picked up the box.

Definitely another hard pass.

At least it was an outcome where a movement had to be done. It wasn’t the best case, to be fair.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
Not looking for method etc but the part you are having to move with your thumb is that material card stock? I’m just thinking if it is with continued use, that part would naturally wear/get dirty from constant thumb usage if you are constantly pressing and moving certain parts - especially being white this would discolour and age very quickly no? Which would stand out from the rest of the white card?

That’s another reason I wish that part was made in plastic as then it’s easy to clean.
Yes Robert you are correct that is the part you touch, best wishes Gaz 😊
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I'm starting to think we should create a quality control team: every creator submits their product to the team, who rate it based on quality of build and whether it can actually do what it claims to.

The team could offer a star rating for each of these two criteria (eg 1-5 stars).

If the team gained enough kudos in the magic community, creators would up their game as customers would avoid products that weren't quality rated by the team, or rated poorly.

Thoughts?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Info@jotailusionista.com

Get in contact with him and let him know. The more that contact him the better.
Don Wand
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
Just coming up with a idea is good but they need to do it every day and work out the problems before it is put on the market to be sold.. $50 is a lot of money if your just going to toss it in a box and can't use it!!
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
729 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Glad I swerved this , sounded great but maybe not practical
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2781 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Such a disappointment.

Thinking about the actual effect though, it is a bit odd to write on a card case. Maybe ok if this was a stand alone effect but you could not then later write on a notepad in another effect, regardless of whether the notepad had essential moving parts or not.

Neil
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, pegasus wrote:
Info@jotailusionista.com

Get in contact with him and let him know. The more that contact him the better.

Going to do that 👍
Did you get yours yet?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No. Lost in the post. That’s if Magicworld actually posted it. Their communication is non existent.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
No. Lost in the post. That’s if Magicworld actually posted it. Their communication is non existent.

That’s maybe a good thing at least you can get a refund. I’ve just emailed Jota .
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, leipzisch wrote:
I'm starting to think we should create a quality control team: every creator submits their product to the team, who rate it based on quality of build and whether it can actually do what it claims to.

The team could offer a star rating for each of these two criteria (eg 1-5 stars).

If the team gained enough kudos in the magic community, creators would up their game as customers would avoid products that weren't quality rated by the team, or rated poorly.

Thoughts?

I'd love to hear what people think about this. I've only started getting involved in café discussions in the last few months, but inn nearly every thread conversation around the quality and durability of the product dominates.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if we could take that out of the equation? We could talk about
how we intend to use the product, how we are using it and have other, more productive conversations.
JOTA
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JOTA
Hi! I am Jota.

I am reading many comments that the product does not work as expected.

Although I will try to respond to those who need it, I take this opportunity to make a general comment.

It is possible that with some tips it works much better. (Although they are explained in the tutorial I have no problem doing it by mail with each one that need it).

If I explain here I would be revealing the secret and I don't think those who bought it will like it.

It is not my first product on the market. All my products (FLIPBOOK, 3DT, DREAMBOX, TRULY TIED, ETC) are manufactured with excellent quality and have had the best reviews.

The That F Card works perfect and with a little practice anyone can achieve what you see in the trailer. In fact, in the tutorial I show how to do it.

Although I personally check each of the products to ensure that it works well before selling it, it is possible that there is an error with one and I am always available to resolve any concerns.

Those who bought it and have questions, please write to my personal email and I will respond as soon as possible with a solution. ( jota@jotailusionista.com )

Those who already are using it, enjoy it!

Thank you all!
JOTA
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JOTA
Quote:

Pkease email me. jota@jotailusionista.com and I will help you with your product.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Thank you Jota.

You will need to convince Vanishing Inc of the quality of this product.

Btw I have Dreambox and JJ Notebook and am very happy with these products. So please don't think you are being targeted!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Too many magicians releasing products that do not work in the real world because they simply haven’t involved any kind of QC. If they did then this wouldn’t happen. Why oh why is this so common. It’s becoming a joke now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL