The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I take it you are joining my quality control team, Pegasus? 😉
psylocke
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, NeilS wrote:
Such a disappointment.

Thinking about the actual effect though, it is a bit odd to write on a card case. Maybe ok if this was a stand alone effect but you could not then later write on a notepad in another effect, regardless of whether the notepad had essential moving parts or not.

Neil




There is nothing written on the card case. The message is written on a blank card which is inserted under the cellophane.


.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, psylocke wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, NeilS wrote:
Such a disappointment.

Thinking about the actual effect though, it is a bit odd to write on a card case. Maybe ok if this was a stand alone effect but you could not then later write on a notepad in another effect, regardless of whether the notepad had essential moving parts or not.

Neil


There is nothing written on the card case. The message is written on a blank card which is inserted under the cellophane.


Correct. And if it worked I would present it as if I was drawing the prediction onto the card at the time they are thinking of a card. Put the sharpie away. They reveal, you do the necessary, you reveal.
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Regardless of what the creator says, the proof and validity of the product lies with the feedback people give back. I've already seen a negative review on Penguin and from what I have read here, this product should have been refined better. I have ONE good question for those people who own the product - How closely can the spectator look at the prediction on the box and not see any discrepencies?
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Very very closely that part is very deceptive Gaz.😊
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
As usual, the issue seems to be build quality...
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I would agree with both of the above comments
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Very very closely that part is very deceptive Gaz.😊


Thanks for your response Gaz but I went ahead and had a friend of mine take a photo of his and I can see that this cannot be shown very close up to a spectator. There is a huge issue that can be seen from... not so far away! Don't want to post anything here that will expose the method but this certainly is not going to pass close up....
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
dvno
View Profile
Elite user
Hamburg
407 Posts

Profile of dvno
So you are saying that studying a picture up close is more reliable than what someone says who owns it?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This is going from bad to worse. Lol.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
I received mine today, unfortunately, I ordered it before I read this thread. Way too stiff, great idea, not functional in my opinion. The actually working gimmick is cheaply made and will wear out very quickly. This thing had potential if it was created with an easy-to-work gimmick. Save your money on this one, you wont use it. That !@#$%^& card don't work!
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, mysticalsales wrote:
I received mine today, unfortunately, I ordered it before I read this thread. Way too stiff, great idea, not functional in my opinion. The actually working gimmick is cheaply made and will wear out very quickly. This thing had potential if it was created with an easy-to-work gimmick. Save your money on this one, you wont use it. That !@#$%^& card don't work!


👍 what you said.
dvno
View Profile
Elite user
Hamburg
407 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, pegasus wrote:
This is going from bad to worse. Lol.



So I guess it was me who you were referring to. So, I may ask,
why? I trust Gaz in that.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
639 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
It is off my wish list.
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, dvno wrote:
So you are saying that studying a picture up close is more reliable than what someone says who owns it?


No - I'm saying that the person who owns this told me that this cannot be shown to someone very closely or they will see the discrepency and he sent me a photo from a few feet away. It sticks out like a sore thumb! If I posted the photo here you would cringe.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Don Wand
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
I'm glad I saved my $50 thanks for Magic Café...
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, dvno wrote:
So you are saying that studying a picture up close is more reliable than what someone says who owns it?


No - I'm saying that the person who owns this told me that this cannot be shown to someone very closely or they will see the discrepency and he sent me a photo from a few feet away. It sticks out like a sore thumb! If I posted the photo here you would cringe.


Even if it worked perfect there for me would be a worry about the size of the recess in the circle. Then depending on how you are viewing it and proximity eg the angle you are stood, could make that possible concern be seen even more. Direct face on may fly, but even slightly off centre viewing may be enough to see a red flag - maybe.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pm me with your email and I show you the gimmick and you cannot see the discrepancy at all close up
Gaz 😊
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
Regardless of what the creator says, the proof and validity of the product lies with the feedback people give back. I've already seen a negative review on Penguin and from what I have read here, this product should have been refined better. I have ONE good question for those people who own the product - How closely can the spectator look at the prediction on the box and not see any discrepencies?


It depends if you hold it perfectly still
Or keep it moving perfectly still from three feet you could see something if you keep it moving you probably could get away with it.
But I am very disappointed in the way this has been made and marketed.
Even if mine wasn’t so stiff to move,and even if a certain something didn’t move when something else moved it would still show signs of wear and discolouration in a very short time which would make the gimmick even less invisible.
I honestly don’t believe that anybody that has this could disagree with anything I have written.
This idea could have been made so much better.
Also If one particular suit is selected it is almost impossible to select it easily without disturbing something.
This product screams for a version 2.0
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
The worst part is the trailer. At least film a real performance. Notice the creator didn't even try to comment when I threw out the idea that this was stooged. Her reaction at the end definitely gives it away.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL