The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3347 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Pengiun has shown this is in stock since Thursday.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
If you do this for family and friends it’s going to look a bit odd signing it and we know we have to have a reason to write on it, so what about writing a celebrity name on it and then Digital Force bag the celeb you get double reaction then.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You wouldn’t do that part of the effect for family and friends. They’re not going to want a signed souvenir from you. Remember that part is just a bonus. Just stick to phase 1, and leave DFB out of it. It wouldn’t make any sense.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
990 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, pegasus wrote:
You wouldn’t do that part of the effect for family and friends. They’re not going to want a signed souvenir from you. Remember that part is just a bonus. Just stick to phase 1, and leave DFB out of it. It wouldn’t make any sense.

I think the point is you *have* to show yourself writing *something* on it so you have the excuse to do the second part of the dirty work in order to hand over the card. So in a normal performance you'd sign it -- but for friends and family you'd need to come up with some other excuse. Not sure the DFB option really fits, but forcing something certainly is one possibility.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just perform phase 1 of the effect. You don’t have to do phase 2 at all, for family and friends, or anyone for that matter.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
True Pegasus but you could just date it for family and friends if you wished. However phase one as you say is a miracle in itself and the card doesn’t have to be removed Gaz.😊
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1719 Posts

Profile of Ross W
The friends and family I perform for are all of the, "Hey cool, lemme see that" types. I would definitely want to remove the card to show it to them. Signing it is a bit daft, but I'm sure dating it, or "Happy Birthday" or some other excuse could be found.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
990 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, pegasus wrote:
Just perform phase 1 of the effect. You don’t have to do phase 2 at all, for family and friends, or anyone for that matter.

I think with most friends and family they'd want to see the card (or at least the box if you were leaving the card in the box)... So feels like you need to do something to handle cleanup. Adding something to the card seems like the best option.
Don Wand
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
Don't just do this one trick follow up with another routine.
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
For family and friends just say : My hand writing is pretty bad or I suck drawing let me just make the letters more clear or let me draw a better Club/Diamond/Spade or whatever. You can even write again on top of some of the words/ letters like correcting them .

Or you can even just say Boy my lower case letters are bad let my just correct some very quick

Or say did I misspelled the word Think ? While you write the prediction on the card Spell the word Think out loud. Then show them the card like to confirming that you wrote it correctly

In fact you can write some typos on purpose and then correct them
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1719 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, Joaquin wrote:

Or say did I misspelled the word Think ?

If you're an English speaker, I'm not sure this is a good idea, unless you want your audience to think you're stupid!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The best way to perform this is to get he / she to merely think of a card. You proceed to ‘write’ your prediction on the deck and then get to reveal the ‘perfect match’

Show them the prediction and move onto something else.
dvno
View Profile
Elite user
Hamburg
407 Posts

Profile of dvno
Or just draw a happy smiley under the prediction and tell them that you are really happy that it worked out that well. I don’t think it’s important what you do, as the spectator won’t question this.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2781 Posts

Profile of NeilS
This should be dropping through letter boxes soon. Will be very interested to see if it lives up to expectations. Fingers crossed that it will.

Neil
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Mine will arrive tomorrow. High hopes for it.
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
Ross so does English speaking people does not misspell at all ?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Na, bost washes Goz.😔
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2781 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Two write

Kneel
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, pegasus wrote:
The best way to perform this is to get he / she to merely think of a card. You proceed to ‘write’ your prediction on the deck and then get to reveal the ‘perfect match’

Show them the prediction and move onto something else.

If this is possible (and presumably it is), I think it's an excellent solution. Covers the moment when you need to 'create' the chosen card, and takes heat off the box/ writing.

Most importantly, I think there is something more authentic (in the audience's mind) about a real time mind read, compared with a prediction like this.

Pegasus, you should take up magic. Well done sir.
leipzisch
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Cardbiker, you'd better give your initial impressions today, or we'll !@#$%^& kill you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL