The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, dvno wrote:
What about using a R/S stick a little bit?

Thanks Dvno but the moving parts need to move more freely against each other.
I’m beginning to suspect the woman in the video was prepped to say that card to enable it to look so effortless.
dvno
View Profile
Elite user
Hamburg
407 Posts

Profile of dvno
Alright, I understand. I thought there might be a little space between the moving parts.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, dvno wrote:
What about using a R/S stick a little bit?

Thanks Dvno but the moving parts need to move more freely against each other.
I’m beginning to suspect the woman in the video was prepped to say that card to enable it to look so effortless.

My thoughts exactly. Good bit of acting thrown in.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
639 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Apparently, the people putting these tricks out, are not working magicians or even care about those using them.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
It may be me ! Very interested in what others that have it think,
So now fanning powder on the cards and Octopalm on my thumb, still struggling.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Unfortunately I ordered mine from Magicworld and although it was ‘apparently’ posted last week nothing has shown up and no order info in my account. My email request for information has been ignored. I’ll be sending it straight back for a refund.
dvno
View Profile
Elite user
Hamburg
407 Posts

Profile of dvno
I will receive mine soon. I am going to give it a try though.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, pegasus wrote:
Unfortunately I ordered mine from Magicworld and although it was ‘apparently’ posted last week nothing has shown up and no order info in my account. My email request for information has been ignored. I’ll be sending it straight back for a refund.

As I said Keith it may be me! Give it a go mate you may be a natural with it.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of rowland
I have to agree with most that has been written. The gimmick is far to tight, it needs some way of getting it to move smoother. I’m sure I can probably get it to work but we shouldn’t really have to. Regarding looking at the back of the box t is explained how you can do this almost without looking at it. But for this to work the gimmick needs to move easier. The biggest problem that if it moves too easily there is a danger of moving something that you don’t want to move so there needs to be some degree of friction.
For this reason I’m not sure how durable this will be if you are using it a lot.
I think it could be a really good effect f I can get it working, tge instructions are fairly good and at the moment I am golfing to continue to play around and experiment with it.
I wouldn’t recommend it if you suffer from dry fingers though.
Hope this short review helps.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I received this today and my first thoughts are it’s fantastic. The method is genius and the illusion looks brilliant even close up.
All I did was marginal bend up the necessary parts a fraction and they move easily. I think if you buy something like this and they had pre bent it a little everyone would moan. It was common sense to me to get a handle on so to speak but mine works well, fanning powder is a good suggestion if yours doesn’t turn well.
I believe if you put the cogs in motion ie rotate loads of times and create yourself a start they will probably all work well.
This is really deceptive and genius in the right hands.
It’s a very easy trick but everyone wants it all ways, ie either no sleights (this ticks that box) and no work at all.
They are not even prepared to work something in like a wallet or otherwise and too quick to complain.
Magic isn’t about just press and play, and like I said its pure genius in method and incredibly deceptive imho
Gaz.😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Also a side note there are loads of lotions for your dry hands Okeefes working hands etc and all glycerin / alcohol creams that helps grip.
Plus numerous ways of making slick cards, it’s a problem so easily overcome imho Gaz.😊
dvno
View Profile
Elite user
Hamburg
407 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, David Klass wrote:
Always loved Decisions. Just wish they produced a larger version, which was spoken about at one time.
Also a version with Left/ Right for a very clean and easy which hand routine.

Looking forward to your review on this one Pegasus Smile

There‘s a blank version for your L/R routine!?
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Glad I passed on this.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Update, the cards that move would have been far better in plastic stock rather than card stock.
They will (mainly the suit one because of the window) wear out with continual use.
There is a part on entry of the cog you can easily widen to stop snagging that will make it last a lot longer.
It could of though and should of been made in plastic after me really smashing this out for several hours tonight.
Fortunately I made the change and put the bend on the cards early on but I love messing around with arts and crafts anyway but plastic would of meant you wouldn’t or shouldn’t have to.
When mine breaks down I will easily reverse engineer it and take off the front cover and put plastic card stock in instead.
It’s too good an idea and looks so good close up to pass by on (for me at least, I love it) but I just wanted to set this straight after practicing this for hours tonight and also being honest with everyone after hammering it Gaz.😊
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
639 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Glad I waited, and did not order this.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4565 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Yup I am rubbish at DIY and was thinking of getting this,but as it seems to of not been thought out properly made to last and have to basically rebuild it yourself, as they say in 'Dragons Den' ,i'm out.
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I’m just shocked this would go out to market like it is knowing and seeing the concerns. VI wouldn’t have just opened one then made the decision, they have obviously quality checked a lot. Plus the other comments from people that have this already mentioning the concerns. Just baffles me how it could have been released knowing there was issues.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of rowland
I’ve been playing around with it now for a few hours but I don’t think this will ever be right. Gaz is part right about using plastic playing card stock but I’m not sure it would look right.If I take it apart I may try cutting out some thin plastic and sticking paper onto it.
But then again what about using a post it note and a super sharpie nail writer. Exactly the same effect in the eyes of a spectator. “Write” a prediction put the pen down down ask them to name any card turn box around boom.
Hats off to VanishingInc for pulling this
Don Wand
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
Was hoping for good reviews! I'm glad I kept my $50.
Roberto W
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Not looking for method etc but the part you are having to move with your thumb is that material card stock? I’m just thinking if it is with continued use, that part would naturally wear/get dirty from constant thumb usage if you are constantly pressing and moving certain parts - especially being white this would discolour and age very quickly no? Which would stand out from the rest of the white card?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » That !@#$%^& Card by JOTA (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL