The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Distancia LES FRENCH TWINS (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
CDenys
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of CDenys
The effect with the coin under the glass is great.
But unfortunately no information with the issues that can occur if the magnetic field is so strong.
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2022, CDenys wrote:
But unfortunately no information with the issues that can occur if the magnetic field is so strong.

Of course there is information. There is a warning saying you should not get closer than 2 feet to something like a credit card, phone or whatever. We all know what kind of issues magnets can cause tonthese things, so the question is answered Smile
CDenys
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of CDenys
You are right 😊
My big concern is people with a pacemaker (not so rare)

quote]On Jan 8, 2022, coachawsm wrote:
Quote:

Of course there is information. There is a warning saying you should not get closer than 2 feet to something like a credit card, phone or whatever. We all know what kind of issues magnets can cause tonthese things, so the question is answered Smile [/quote]
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
985 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Looks good, but would worry about zapping my phone, and also really would want there to be a £2 version. US and Euro coins look a bit weird to be used in the UK.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
You are right 😊

Quote:

Of course there is information. There is a warning saying you should not get closer than 2 feet to something like a credit card, phone or whatever. We all know what kind of issues magnets can cause tonthese things, so the question is answered Smile
[/quote]

Well it cleary says " Please keep the device at least 2 feet away from any electronics, phones, watches, credit cards, or people that have sensitivity to magnetic fields.". So if people with pacemakers still think they can use magnets that strong then I wonder how they survived that long. This warning is really clear enough.
CDenys
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of CDenys
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2022, coachawsm wrote:
Quote:
You are right 😊

Quote:

Well it cleary says " Please keep the device at least 2 feet away from any electronics, phones, watches, credit cards, or people that have sensitivity to magnetic fields.". So if people with pacemakers still think they can use magnets that strong then I wonder how they survived that long. This warning is really clear enough. [/quote]

?
My concern is of course for the spectators…
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, Jared wrote:
This is a variation of Canadian magician Jack's routine which is called "Nervous Jolt" on his Penguin LIVE Lecture. In his variation, the magnet block is positioned near the elbow and the handling is better disguised than this. The necessary magnet required to perform Jack's cost $82.00 with the shipping included. In addition, you need a strong PK coin (about $35). The only benefit that I can see with this is the ease of hookup (wristwatch). But on the other hand, you can perform Jack's with your sleeve rolled up. What's difficult to see from the trailer is how realistic the watch looks? I ordered the necessary magnet to perform Jack's routine recently and am presently waiting for the delivery before I can try it out.

So the "Nervous Jolt" would cost about the same as this French version if you include the "live Act" video, the magnet and the coin.
I like the wristwatch device better than an elbow magnet.
It seems that with Distancia you would be able to kill a spectator with a pacemaker remotely if the spec is within two feet of you. Pretty cool, if you're into death magic
Certainly a reputation maker.
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2022, coachawsm wrote:
Quote:
You are right 😊

Quote:

Well it cleary says " Please keep the device at least 2 feet away from any electronics, phones, watches, credit cards, or people that have sensitivity to magnetic fields.". So if people with pacemakers still think they can use magnets that strong then I wonder how they survived that long. This warning is really clear enough.

?
My concern is of course for the spectators… [/quote]
I know. The warning obviously goes for the magician and the spectator. I don't understand what's so hard to understand here. You will obviously not risk using this too close.
In the end the product cannot be used for close up with a spectator anyway, if the distance has be more than 2 feet. As soon as you are close enough to do something in their hand it is already 2 feet to any of their watches, phones or other electronics. The only area where you can use this is the beach when you actually see people have nothing on them and no scar on their chest .... or on stage by yourself.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have the m5 with a holder that goes on your wrist. Also have a coin that will turn over in your hand but had to be a lot closer to the hand than what’s showing in this demo. Would love to hear some reviews because if this is possible I would definitely love to get this. Looks great.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I have this, since November because the Twins showed it to me early, it’s actually really good, the setup is not that complicated and wearing it on a full gig is somehow comfortable Smile

It does take a few tries to get the correct distance and feel but overall very easy to perform!

It’s also very strong on spectators Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote [It’s also very strong on spectators]

What, the magnet or the effect? Smile
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Anyone know the dimensions -- diameter/thickness?
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
I got the impression that the sliding bottle or the invisible coin jumping in the glass effects were achieved with the device mounted on the ankle rather than the wrist, which is really cool since it keep your wrist free for possible other tricks. It is also safer to keep it far from pacemakers...
Is it also possible to mount it at the knee level regarding the provided length of strap?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, Gaijin wrote:
I got the impression that the sliding bottle or the invisible coin jumping in the glass effects were achieved with the device mounted on the ankle rather than the wrist, which is really cool since it keep your wrist free for possible other tricks. It is also safer to keep it far from pacemakers...
Is it also possible to mount it at the knee level regarding the provided length of strap?

It's on the knee which frees a lot of your movement ! Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Update: I received the necessary magnet to perform Jack's "Nervous Jolt" and the thing works incredibly well when paired with a Kreis Super-strong Magnetic half dollar. But now I need to either search for a suitable holder or have my tailor make something as what Jack recommends. After playing around with this I feel that it's much better to position the magnet closer to your elbow than your wrist. IMO it's too close to the action. The only problem with performing this kind of effect other than accidentally harming audience members with pacemakers LOL is that you're going to want to remove and store the magnet almost immediately after performing the routine. So, the harness must be able to be removed quickly and easily and without suspicion. I'm going to need to think more about the design of the harness. But on the positive, you're going to be smile with delight when you see how good the coin looks flipping over in your hand. It really is a thing of beauty.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, Jared wrote:
Update: I received the necessary magnet to perform Jack's "Nervous Jolt" and the thing works incredibly well when paired with a Kreis Super-strong Magnetic half dollar. But now I need to either search for a suitable holder or have my tailor make something as what Jack recommends. After playing around with this I feel that it's much better to position the magnet closer to your elbow than your wrist. IMO it's too close to the action. The only problem with performing this kind of effect other than accidentally harming audience members with pacemakers LOL is that you're going to want to remove and store the magnet almost immediately after performing the routine. So, the harness must be able to be removed quickly and easily and without suspicion. I'm going to need to think more about the design of the harness. But on the positive, you're going to be smile with delight when you see how good the coin looks flipping over in your hand. It really is a thing of beauty.

Cant you use coban to hold the gimmick??
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
At the end of the day, I am going to avoid this one. Not because it is not a good effect, but simply because I do not trust myself to remember to take it off and I will probably ruin my computer, cell phone, credit cards…

On another note, years ago, I was going through the metal detector at the airport in Lincoln Nebraska. I put my carry-on bag, which contained a large PK magnet, hidden in a card box, in it. The woman from TSA, who was wearing a Rolex, picked it up with her left hand. She said, "what is this?" I told her the truth and said, "it's part of a magic trick." To which she said, "OK." She then handed it back to me. I whispered to the person I was traveling with, "let's get the hell out of here before she realizes that she has ruined her watch!"

On another occasion, a friend of mine was having a meal with me on a college campus. He was a professional magician and he proceeded to make a match stand up under a glass on the table. While I knew it was probably a PK magnet, I was still very impressed. He stood up to get ready to go to his show and it appeared as though the chair jumped up and adhered to his pocket!

the moral, of courses, is to be careful with powerful magnets!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, Jared wrote:

Cant you use coban to hold the gimmick??

You certainly could but it would not be very convenient to take on/off.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for clarifying Alex. I had been following your channel since you started, please keep up the good work with your reviews!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, Gaijin wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for clarifying Alex. I had been following your channel since you started, please keep up the good work with your reviews!

I've stopped the reviews in English because it was too much work but I might do one on Distancia this Friday Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Distancia LES FRENCH TWINS (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL