The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Orphic by Lewis Le Val and The 1914 (262 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..25~26~27 [Next]
trickster41uk
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, LewisLeVal wrote:
So I’ve just shot a video giving a close up demonstration of the wallets and features, send me a PM and I’ll respond with the link Smile

Hi Lewis

Tried to PM you regarding Video Dem but got this Message

"ERROR: The user "LewisLeVal" has run out of space.
All users are limited to 60 total topics.

Regards

Gary
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hi Gary, yes my inbox fills back up the moment I start to empty it. I didn't realise how many people would be interested in seeing the video!

I did post the link here on the thread but to save you clicking through the pages, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjso5urnt0

Thank you,

Lewis Smile
trickster41uk
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Hi Lewis

Thank you for the Link and the Quick reply.

Regards

Gary Smile
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Thanks for sharing that with us, Lewis!! Now I’m even more excited to receive my Orphic wallet.
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, dman11 wrote:
If Ustaad came at this with a little tact it would of been handled in a nicer way I'm sure...He came in with brute force, so to speak.

Exactly this. You can’t come wading into a public forum swinging your dk around and blatantly insinuating someone has done something immoral, then play the victim when someone questions your opinions! The creator themselves should have made contact with Lewis privately first, that would have been the fair thing to do. Lewis has been extremely professional in his replies, I would have seen my Rs.

(Also, while I personally feel Craig Petty has a lot to feel proud of, when he feels attacked, his replies often come across as very arrogant and egotistical, although to be fair he has openly admitted to having a big ego. Craig does a hell of a lot of work that is incredibly useful to magicians of all descriptions and I enjoy a lot of it but mentioning your successful businesses, how many subscribers you have and how many fawning messages you receive every two minutes is more than a little crass and does undermine the good stuff. I do understand his frustration though and definitely think people should leave red where it belongs, glass houses and all that, he has been very open about that situation and I can respect that.)
trickster41uk
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, LewisLeVal wrote:
Hi Gary, yes my inbox fills back up the moment I start to empty it. I didn't realise how many people would be interested in seeing the video!

I did post the link here on the thread but to save you clicking through the pages, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjso5urnt0

Thank you,

Lewis Smile

Hi Lewis

Watched Link, also Craig Petty's Review with yourself, Craig done a great job Reviewing this.
Was going to wait till Blackpool but placed order with Propdog.

Cheers

Gary
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
I think the quality content Craig is putting out free of charge to the community by far makes up for the error he made a long time ago. Keep up the good work Craig it’s appreciated by many. There’s been more literature written about magic than any other subject I believe. It’s literally impossible to know about everything in existence. As someone who’s released a few bits and bobs, the amount of effort that can go into checking for originality could take a lifetime. We’re not talking about massive companies that have unlimited resources to check everything. Most creators are independent or work in small teams. In most cases there’s always been something similiar done before but for an art form to develop we need creative people trying to create new things or expand and improve older ideas, for everyone’s
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
Sake
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
[quote]On Jan 12, 2022, Ustaad wrote:

I PREFER TO IGNORE YOU.

And for the rest . . . . you all, including the creator of Orphic, very well know & understand the SOLE issue I raked up. All I will say . . . Funny are the ways how our magic sales & support hype machinery works, but that's OK. However, no matter how nicely or badly I may be treated, I won't be deterred by such comments and I shall continue to speak out for the good of our art and its people. One must be honest to one's own self, to their art & to their people.

Over the years I have seen many such incidents happen but one must always remember that Karma is watching one's action continuously. It's another matter whether one believes in Karma or not. But trust me, Karma spares nobody, it will take its toll sooner or later; the sooner the better. Going from rags to riches and from riches to rags don't take a long time. When such a magical transformation happens, it happens with a blink of an eye. Over the years I have seen a number of renowned magicians stooping down to literally begging for their survival. When Karma hits, it hits hard.

Please continue . . .

Smile

Goodness me all this talk about Karma because not everyone agrees with your initial post….. it sounds almost like a threat.
Get a grip sir.
Chuds
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I’ve gone for the shadow wallet instead of this , only because I will get more use from the index in shadow than the card to wallet in orphic.

The peek in this wallet is exceptional and to me 1914 are the most exciting magic company about at the moment , all the releases are real gems , lewis didn’t have to show a video of how the peek worked but in doing so I reckon he got a lot more sales .

Great product , great company

Keep up the good work.

Carl.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ustaad, is by far one of the most helpful and knowledgeable long standing members of these boards.
He has personally gone way and beyond helping me out on dozens of occasions.
The vast majority on here will have about 1/10th of the knowledge he has and I certainly will always have his back.
I love Craigs reviews and say it as he sees it approach too (it’s very much me) and I love the 1914’s work on this project and Infact all their projects.
Lewis is a very personable guy and very respectful too.
The wallets are completely different but I must admit the first time I had personally seen a dedicated plastic sleeve peek divider pocket was in Suyras wallet.
The thing is you don’t need that sleeve to do the exact same thing with a credit card or your ID showing in that window. That has been done for years and is essentially the same thing with the credit card becoming that divide.
However it’s all about raising the bar and a self contained pocket does improve on that as it’s impossible to make a mistake.
So it’s probably independent creativity as if you have been doing the credit card way for years it’s easy to see how you could of thought of that design change.
Nevertheless there is no need for hostility as all 3 of these guys offer an enormous amount to magic and should be applauded for such.
It’s hard to pull the wool over my eyes let alone Ustaads, however knowing Lewis he would never intend to do so and nor like he says would need to.
It’s one of those things that are sometimes either said the wrong way or taken out of context, but back on topic please as this is a great product and well worth the money as it’s highly deceptive and so easy to use.
Magical wishes and friendship to all Gaz.😊
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote: The vast majority on here will have about 1/10th of the knowledge he has

That’s a pretty big supposition and may have arisen as a result of your need to seek help dozens of times? Maybe it’s a case of ‘speak for yourself’

I’m glad you offered Lewis the courtesy of ‘innocent until proven guilty’ it’s a shame Ustaad didn’t.

Do you agree with the tone of his first post? The one where he clearly insinuated Lewis was unethical?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s a true supposition and it’s true that I also know 80% more than most on here.
It’s magicians helping magicians and when you have been in magic over 40 years and live and breath it and more importantly read up on the history of magic why not help others?
I certainly do, and I know Ustaad does and he has been doing it more years than me.
Anyway I am not here to take sides I am just saying it takes years to build a reputation but 1 post or 1 second to ruin one.
I will re read Ustaads post but like I say it’s not about 1 comment that someone makes that should be judged as I and Craig know that all too well.
I respect all 3 of them but I don’t like mob rule type ganging up type of mentalities.
Or newbies pandering to the flavour of the month and dissing a highly helpful intelligent respectful man.
This is Lewis’s thread and product and he is a class act and that there is no doubt, so continue taking about the project is all I am kindly asking Gaz.😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, Ustaad wrote:
Lewis, your inbox is full. I too would like to get the link. Thanks.

Smile

I think this was his first post (I maybe wrong) Gaz.😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think if you mean his second post where he indicates it may be independent creativity, probably or probably not.
It depends how you perceive things because he says probably first so I perceive that as it thinks probably independent creativity. Probably not was written second so I perceived that as less likely.
Otherwise he would of said is it a case of independent creativity, probably not but possibly. Then I would of read that as he thought probably not, anyway it’s neither here nor there as the idea of creating a secondary pocket by various methods has been around Donkeys years it’s as a simple as that and in that respect raising the bar a little bit and adding a real sleeve pocket does that imho.
So I don’t see what your Beef is Gaz.😊 Back on topic about this great wallet
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
(posted before your last post)

Aaahh, mixing patronising digs in with fair points and gentlemanly requests to get back on topic......... Kill 'em with a smile eh Gaz!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now and assume you are talking in generalities, but if you are making out that I in particular have recruited or joined a 'mob' or that I am a newbie with limited knowledge because of my post count then that would not only be naive but dead wrong also. I have never felt the need to prove the depth of my knowledge on forums such as this to be honest, especially not just for the sake of defending an opinion.

I am only giving MY opinion based on exactly what I have read in this thread alone.

Ok, second post, if we are being this pedantic it was this quote in particular I thought was a bit uncalled for ....

"This post is regarding the peek feature of Orphic wallet. The creator (Surya Kumar) of Climax Wallet contacted me and mentioned that the Orphic's PEEK feature uses the same method/design/construction as his Climax Wallet i.e. using two compartments with separation. - - - Is this a coincidence? - - Probably?? - - Probably not! "

With the last two questions and statement in bold no less. I read this as it is probably not coincidence? Which is a pretty bold statement.

I can understand you wanting to defend a friend but you choose to do it without reading the exact posts in question? Fair enough.

Anyway I do agree with you on the point of getting back on topic, so

The orphic wallet, I've placed my order and I look forward to it.
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2022, BeefyBill wrote:
(posted before your last post)

Aaahh, mixing patronising digs in with fair points and gentlemanly requests to get back on topic......... Kill 'em with a smile eh Gaz!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now and assume you are talking in generalities, but if you are making out that I in particular have recruited or joined a 'mob' or that I am a newbie with limited knowledge because of my post count then that would not only be naive but dead wrong also. I have never felt the need to prove the depth of my knowledge on forums such as this to be honest, especially not just for the sake of defending an opinion.

I am only giving MY opinion based on exactly what I have read in this thread alone.

Ok, second post, if we are being this pedantic it was this quote in particular I thought was a bit uncalled for ....

"This post is regarding the peek feature of Orphic wallet. The creator (Surya Kumar) of Climax Wallet contacted me and mentioned that the Orphic's PEEK feature uses the same method/design/construction as his Climax Wallet i.e. using two compartments with separation. - - - Is this a coincidence? - - Probably?? - - Probably not! "

With the last two questions and statement in bold no less. I read this as it is probably not coincidence? Which is a pretty bold statement.

I can understand you wanting to defend a friend but you choose to do it without reading the exact posts in question first? Fair enough.

Anyway I do agree with you on the point of getting back on topic, so

The orphic wallet, I've placed my order and I look forward to it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Absolutely not, I am 100% not saying you are part of the mob at all (again perception).
Also it’s terminology I’m not saying theirs a real mob either, I am basically saying give the man a break and that it’s been blown all out of proportion.
I told you I have the upmost respect for all 3 of them and I guarantee you all 3 of them do for me too and they still do now it’s as simple as that.
I’m glad you have bought Lewis’s wallet anyone who does has bought a gem imho, highly recommended by me (for what that’s worth).
Wishing everyone the best with their magic Gaz.😊
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
That’s fair enough, and I do agree with your general points. Just to be clear I am in no way calling for pitchforks for Ustaad or anyone else, I am merely challenging a statement I believed to be unfair at best and damaging at worst. Nothing more.

I actually already have a nice idea to try when the wallet arrives, if it flies I will share it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you very much I would love to see your nice idea.
Best wishes Gaz.😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Orphic by Lewis Le Val and The 1914 (262 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..25~26~27 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL